The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pekkaslap

Jul 8, 2011
how ****ing hilarious is it that Trotz is still playing, and Lavy isn't.

Lavy is way overrated as a coach... I'm unimpressed

I think it's pretty plain that a lot of folks here are/were Barry Trotz fans over Preds fans. I mean the guy got forever and a day here and never won a thing, it was time. Maybe PL wasnt the right hire, but that's a different argument...the team exceeded my expedtations i had going into this year I know that.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Im not saying we didn't need a coaching change, Im just pointing out the bitter irony, and Im also saying that Laviolette, whatever his plusses may be, is a very poor in-game coach, and he had two months to figure out how to un-**** this team and couldn't do it.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Im not saying we didn't need a coaching change, Im just pointing out the bitter irony, and Im also saying that Laviolette, whatever his plusses may be, is a very poor in-game coach, and he had two months to figure out how to un-**** this team and couldn't do it.

Or maybe he was the reason they were so superlative during the first four months.

I like to look at the season as a whole, and at the end of the day he did a great job. The Preds vastly exceeded expectations in a very competitive division. I know we added in some great pieces with Neal & Ribiero but Lavi got the most out of them (especially with the baggage that they came with).

Preds do need to learn how to protect leads though. I am not sure if it is a cognitive issue or a gameplan deficiency, but you cannot win in this league long-term if you continually blow multiple-goal leads. It was a pattern throughout the season and extended into the playoffs.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The East is weaker than the West. Trotz is coaching in the East and is still alive. Not a huge deal. If Nashville was in the Eastern time zone, therefore the Preds were put in the Eastern Conference there's not a single doubt in my mind that we would have a conference final appearance at the absolute very least.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
The East is weaker than the West. Trotz is coaching in the East and is still alive. Not a huge deal. If Nashville was in the Eastern time zone, therefore the Preds were put in the Eastern Conference there's not a single doubt in my mind that we would have a conference final appearance at the absolute very least.

There is one other way we move to the Eastern Conference (expansion/relocation to Vegas, Seattle, KC, Seattle & or Houston)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

I'll be honest, I'm not sure the problem is him per say, but I think his assistants definitely have some issues that need to be addressed. The PP was laughably bad at times, and the only reason it got better is if someone on it got hot. Weber and Josi on the second pairing, along with some of the other decisions, yeah bad coaching.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
how ****ing hilarious is it that Trotz is still playing, and Lavy isn't.

Lavy is way overrated as a coach... I'm unimpressed

Yet Lavy has a ring and a second appearance in the Finals.

The season Lavy won a Cup he had as many series wins as Trotz had his entire time here.

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
It seemed to me Lavs & Housley had a couple of run ins during the season- I remember reading something here about a heated exchange after a game, plus sensing tension just watching them discuss the final man advantage last night. I wonder if they'll be a change there? So far, Housley HAS NOT impressed me in the areas he's been assigned.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
It seemed to me Lavs & Housley had a couple of run ins during the season- I remember reading something here about a heated exchange after a game, plus sensing tension just watching them discuss the final man advantage last night. I wonder if they'll be a change there? So far, Housley HAS NOT impressed me in the areas he's been assigned.

That's a Poile hire, not Laviolette

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The coaching question s only a small part and really effects a small portion of the success of the team. Randy Carlisle in the Cup in Anaheim and with basically the same team struggles until hes fired. He goes to the Leafs where coaches go to die and is on life support now. Marc Crawford wins the cup fumbles around for years afterward. Wayne Gretsky who should have been a outstanding coach did nothing. I like Troz and I have learned to like Lavi but its more about there system. Being able to compete for the cup does not come around often. Heck the Blues just got bounced again that's 48 years without a cup. Our team like it or not realistically is just not there on the ice. They are burning the years of an elite goaltender something that is as rare as that 1C. Some blame is on the coach some on the GM some on the owners and players as well. Prior to Nashville getting team I pulled for Edmonton an prior to Edmonton the Flyers totally different teams back in the day. And I suppose thats why im so verbal about the makeup of the team.

I have reason to expect that Poile will do the things that Lavi needs to have this team take that next step. That's the most frustrating thing to me, I hope every summer that Poile will somehow put it together. I was encouraged getting Neal in and taking a chance with Riberio but even with the emergence FF its not enough. Like Doc im tired of seeing this over and over. I understand many here being encouraged I went thru that stage years ago and in time every one of you will get to this point if you support one team long enough.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yet Lavy has a ring and a second appearance in the Finals.

The season Lavy won a Cup he had as many series wins as Trotz had his entire time here.

I dont give two ***** what he did with anyone else. He was pathetic the last third of this year. Two months of steady decline, and nothing done. Repeated mental meltdowns.

Coaching failure.

(and remember this is the negativity/venting thread, so dont ****ing try to convince me that Lavy is sunshine and roses)

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I dont give two ***** what he did with anyone else. He was pathetic the last third of this year. Two months of steady decline, and nothing done. Repeated mental meltdowns.

Coaching failure.

(and remember this is the negativity/venting thread, so dont ****ing try to convince me that Lavy is sunshine and roses)

Hhhmmm, who has the .333 winning percentage and who has the .600 playoff winning percentage?

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hhhmmm, who has the .333 winning percentage and who has the .600 playoff winning percentage?

again, remember the thread title.

Im not saying Trotz is better, as I clarified, just pointing out that it ironic that Trotz is still going and Lavy isnt. Im also not saying fire Lavy, or that we should have kept Trotz just that Im blaming our failure to pull out of a two month tailspin, where many of our losses were either mental or due to being outchoached, on him

but if you insist on arguing I'll throw back that Lavys playoff success has been in the East. In the West so far he's .333 in games and 0.00% in series.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
again, remember the thread title.

Im not saying Trotz is better, as I clarified, just pointing out that it ironic that Trotz is still going and Lavy isnt. Im also not saying fire Lavy, or that we should have kept Trotz just that Im blaming our failure to pull out of a two month tailspin, where many of our losses were either mental or due to being outchoached, on him

but if you insist on arguing I'll throw back that Lavys playoff success has been in the East. In the West so far he's .333 in games and 0.00% in series.

I'm not referring to Trotz at all with .333 playoff winning percentage slight

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
Maybe he should have consulted with Mike Yeo.

For what?? Trading for a backup goalie who suddenly started playing out of his mind?? Yeo needs to kneel down and kiss Dubnyk's ass before and after each game for saving his job. If Dubs played like the Dubs of old, Yeo's fired and the Mild finish 10th or worse in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad