OT: The Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
ana-de-armas.gif

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Beef has inspired me to do a live posting of my first time watching the original 1958 version of The Blob. Having gone to the Colonial Theater where it was filmed and loving both Steve McQueen and the Chuck Russell remake, it shot to the top of the to-do list. So here's my first few comments before I unpause after the 3:26 mark.

This theme song is TERRIBLE, especially for a HORROR movie

It just hit me that I think young Steve and Paul Bettany look like they could be related.

And here's the old guy that's gonna go poke the shizz with a stick. I've seen this clip numerous times.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
And there's the reveal. Get the CO2, Stevedave!

I don't think they said the name Dave as many times in the movie Dave as they have in the past five minutes of this.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Beef has inspired me to do a live posting of my first time watching the original 1958 version of The Blob. Having gone to the Colonial Theater where it was filmed and loving both Steve McQueen and the Chuck Russell remake, it shot to the top of the to-do list. So here's my first few comments before I unpause after the 3:26 mark.

This theme song is TERRIBLE, especially for a HORROR movie

It just hit me that I think young Steve and Paul Bettany look like they could be related.

And here's the old guy that's gonna go poke the shizz with a stick. I've seen this clip numerous times.

You should take the time to watch this if you haven't already

Most people forget it exists. It's really something to watch and was directed by Larry Hagman of all people

Also, a lot of familiar faces pop up and you go "Wait a minute was that"

Here is link to watch (It's been on YT now for 5 years)

-- Was also available on Plex but not sure how cleaned up that is (Old VHS type transfers were what was widely available for decades with poor quality), The YT link is of remastered/cleaned up DVD version)

It pretty much slots into the lower end of the 70's cheesy sci-fi/horror spectrum but if you're a fan of genre or Blob films it's something that should be watched at least once in life

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Oooh the question mark at the end. They knew they had a good thing when they filmed it.

Aside from that obnoxious little drugged out kid that was a damn solid movie that I'm sad I put off for so long. And there has to be a drinking game where you drink every time they say Dave, then at the climax everybody has to do a tandem kegstand to keep up with the count. I'm overjoyed that theater is still preserved and loved the experience there. I bet Blobfest is an absolute blast.

And thank you @Blackhawkswincup for reminding me there's ANOTHER Blob movie to watch! I have a funny feeling the 80's Blob is going to be the only one with the balls to melt a kid on screen though.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Oooh the question mark at the end. They knew they had a good thing when they filmed it.

Aside from that obnoxious little drugged out kid that was a damn solid movie that I'm sad I put off for so long. And there has to be a drinking game where you drink every time they say Dave, then at the climax everybody has to do a tandem kegstand to keep up with the count. I'm overjoyed that theater is still preserved and loved the experience there. I bet Blobfest is an absolute blast.

And thank you @Blackhawkswincup for reminding me there's ANOTHER Blob movie to watch! I have a funny feeling the 80's Blob is going to be the only one with the balls to melt a kid on screen though.
I feel like you have to follow this up with attack of the killer tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad