OT: The Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I have finally done it. I ventured to a movie theatre to watch Top Gun Maverick. First theatre experience since The Last Jedi.

Top Gun Maverick is fantastic and well worth seeing on a theatre screen. No regrets. Went with my father and there were roughly 10 other people in the theatre with us. :laugh:

I hope it wins a cinematography Oscar so people can call it an Oscar winning movie. :laugh:

The people calling it the what movie they've ever seen definitely need to see more movies, but it's a damned fine theater experience.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Watched Rambo: First Blood last night. Not sure if that or Tango & Cash is my favorite Sly Stallone movie (not a fan of the Rocky’s movies sorry).

I always laugh at how incredibly avoidable everything in that film is. In fact, it would have been less effort to just leave him alone. They went out of the way to be huge dicks

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
The new resident evil series is something.
I’m a sucker for anything zombie but they are changing way too much.
changing wesker entirely isn’t that huge an issue. Changing the zombies from Romero shamblers into 28 days later runners is. There may be an explanation later on but so far I am not happy with that.
I heard it was straight up trash and an embarrassment to the original material

Reactions: trostol

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It’s bad. I’m hate watching it, and made the mistake of falling asleep while doing so. I have no idea how many episodes I have to backtrack. Not much about the show is memorable.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
So, just like the movies?

It's funny that after so many tries they still can't make a good movie/series of that game. Maybe they should just stop.

Reactions: orangey

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
So, just like the movies?

It's funny that after so many tries they still can't make a good movie/series of that game. Maybe they should just stop.

I remember reading an interview with Dan Houser once about how he was often asked to make a GTA movie.

He said something like "why would I make a movie? It's so limiting," which makes perfect sense. A movie is such an inferior experience if you're coming from the game.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I remember reading an interview with Dan Houser once about how he was often asked to make a GTA movie.

He said something like "why would I make a movie? It's so limiting," which makes perfect sense. A movie is such an inferior experience if you're coming from the game.
Absolutely. A GTA movie would probably just be a generic heist movie trying to cash in on the name.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
FWIW, my Mt Rushmore of films

Casablanca- the script, the acting, the timing, the everything; it’s a perfect film

Seven Samurai: Kurosawa’s masterpiece is a must see for all film lovers, it’s absolutely riveting

12 Angry Men: IMO, the greatest script of all time and delivered by some of the best in the business. Every performance in this film is pure perfection

The Godfather: Coppola nailed this one. The journey of Michael from the straight and narrow to ruthless mafia boss is one of the finest character arcs in the history of film. And when you add to that the performances of actors like Brando, Duvall and Caan, it just doesn’t get any better

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Casablanca- the script, the acting, the timing, the everything; it’s a perfect film

Seven Samurai: Kurosawa’s masterpiece is a must see for all film lovers, it’s absolutely riveting

12 Angry Men: IMO, the greatest script of all time and delivered by some of the best in the business. Every performance in this film is pure perfection

The Godfather: Coppola nailed this one. The journey of Michael from the straight and narrow to ruthless mafia boss is one of the finest character arcs in the history of film. And when you add to that the performances of actors like Brando, Duvall and Caan, it just doesn’t get any better

This comment needs more John Cazale

Reactions: BiggE

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

why do i feel like this is such a hugely underrated film

Reactions: BiggE

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
just finished it. It’s so bad. Jade splashes the pheromone at their and her feet but the zombies are not attracted to her. Billie gets injected with the adrenaline then used the same needle to stab the med tech in the eye and slash Evelyn in the face but neither one become infected. The giant croc decides to crash their boat but not eat either of them?
This whole show seems like they wrote it for the CW and we’re turned down but picked up by Netflix. It seems like it’s geared towards young adults but has portions of the show that young adults technically shouldn’t be watching.

I really hate that the original movie had a script written for it by George Romero and they decided to go in the direction they did instead.

On the topic of game movies, the only one I can think of that I enjoyed was Real Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad