OT: The Movie Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
4e9W.gif

Blade Runner is visually a watershed sci-fi movie. I just think it’s a bit empty as an overall movie, especially emotionally and in cohesive plot, and the fact there’s 36 versions shows there’s lingering flaws. I’m not saying it’s not good; I just was a touch disappointed when I finally saw it.

My only complaint about Minority Report is Spielberg changed the original ending, which had Tom Cruise narrating during the happy close that, “Murder returned to Washington DC.” Now, that would have been perfectly dark.

I’m going to work on adapting Ubik. Be right back.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Blade Runner is visually a watershed sci-fi movie. I just think it’s a bit empty as an overall movie, especially emotionally and in cohesive plot, and the fact there’s 36 versions shows there’s lingering flaws. I’m not saying it’s not good; I just was a touch disappointed when I finally saw it.

My only complaint about Minority Report is Spielberg changed the original ending, which had Tom Cruise narrating during the happy close that, “Murder returned to Washington DC.” Now, that would have been perfectly dark.

I’m going to work on adapting Ubik. Be right back.

I'm not sure if you've noticed or not, but Minority Report is absolutely chock full of Tom Cruise.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Have you ever started watching a movie feeling like you've never seen it, then parts come on that make it seem like you've seen it, but remember basically none of the movie?

I'm having that right now watching Extreme Prejudice. I feel like I've seen it, but then there are several parts that make me think I haven't, so it's like half new, half not. Weird.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I watched American Pastoral on HBO Max for the first time this week. That is a surprisingly f***ed up movie.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Didn't think much of Hustle but recently the hiking group I am a part of did the Manayunk 15 staircase challenge. We didn't run up all 15 but doing all of them in one hike was a great workout. Had some people drop out after 3....

Some fun facts about the staircase and Philly sites in Hustle

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I have finally done it. I ventured to a movie theatre to watch Top Gun Maverick. First theatre experience since The Last Jedi.

Top Gun Maverick is fantastic and well worth seeing on a theatre screen. No regrets. Went with my father and there were roughly 10 other people in the theatre with us. :laugh:

I hope it wins a cinematography Oscar so people can call it an Oscar winning movie. :laugh:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I have finally done it. I ventured to a movie theatre to watch Top Gun Maverick. First theatre experience since The Last Jedi.

Top Gun Maverick is fantastic and well worth seeing on a theatre screen. No regrets. Went with my father and there were roughly 10 other people in the theatre with us. :laugh:

I hope it wins a cinematography Oscar so people can call it an Oscar winning movie. :laugh:
I didn’t care for the first one, so I skipped the second one. I should probably re watch the first one to give it a fair shake.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Best movie of the year so far for me...it f***ing ruled.

I saw Thor: Love & Thunder yesterday - Taika Waititi went a little overboard this time but it was still a blast and I enjoyed it more than Dr. Strange.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

For me, what made Maverick so good is that it was just a straight up action flick with no political agenda bullshit forced into it

Reactions: flyersnorth

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The new resident evil series is something.
I’m a sucker for anything zombie but they are changing way too much.
changing wesker entirely isn’t that huge an issue. Changing the zombies from Romero shamblers into 28 days later runners is. There may be an explanation later on but so far I am not happy with that.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
still in episode two, starting three technically, but this seems like it could have been based off a young adult series.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad