The Mikhail Grigorenko Thread Part II (assigned to Québec)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Friedman and Healy disagree completely. Of those two, who has shown to have the sources and who hasn't? I'll take Elliotte's word over Healy's every time.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Could this be a blessing in disguise for GM TM? A prospect he is not married to and might not be his type of player has set him up with an opportunity to make his first big decision/move to put his stamp on the franchise and show what he is all about in regards of the type of ship he is going to run in Buffalo.

ZeroPT*

What are their positions?

Friedman explained that GM TM doesn't have any untouchables and mentioned Myers,Girgensons and Ristolainen as players he would only accept overpayments for. Healy basically said every sabre is a bum.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Friedman explained that GM TM doesn't have any untouchables and mentioned Myers,Girgensons and Ristolainen as players he would only accept overpayments for. Healy basically said every sabre is a bum.

Specifically around the Grigo thing, that Grigo is out for money only.

ZeroPT*

Specifically around the Grigo thing, that Grigo is out for money only.

Yeah I totally missed what we were talking about :laugh: point stands. Healy hates the sabres and just rips on them every time the name is mentioned

KennyFnPowers*

he should crawl under a rock up in Quebec, rack-up points for the rest of the season, and keep quiet. This will be hard to recover from even if he does the aforementioned.

FILATOV! I'd bet he'll be playing in the KHL within a year or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I think there's a better than 50% chance he's played his last game for the Sabres. Murray doesn't strike me as the type of guy who believes the team has to negotiate with a 19 year old and his agent regarding the organization's plan for the player's development. If he does play in Buffalo again, I'd imagine it's akin to the Coyotes/Turris situation where the team wanted him to play again so that he could bolster his value, and I'd expect a trade soon thereafter.

I don't think we are at that point yet...but I do agree that if Grigs does not "recant" in the next 48 hours this situation begins to move into the "irreparable" sphere.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

Healy sure would know what a bum looks like considering that is what he was,a garbage piece of **** scrub backup goalie.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Healy was commenting on a GM TM quote, said if GM TM thought his phone would be ringing off the hook for his guys, it wouldn't. I agree with that.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Healy was commenting on a GM TM quote, said if GM TM thought his phone would be ringing off the hook for his guys, it wouldn't. I agree with that.

Even if you assume there's a soft goaltending market, he'll get plenty of calls on Moulson and Ott. Teams are always in need of goal-scoring (Moulson) and toughness/grit/intangiblezzz (Ott).

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
he had his chance, I've always had the same position on this kid, Not good enough..But many of you gave this kid 16 times the rope he needed and like any good Russian Prima donna he did the proper thing with it..Hope he goes back to the Motherland and is never heard from again

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Reading that Grigs agent is also Kovalchuk's, it definitely does raise some red flags for me.Were the Sabres forced to send down Grigs right away or else they would be unable to do so?Or did they have more time?For a team that is one of the worst offensively in NHL history, I don't know why they couldn't have given the kid 15 minutes playing with quality linemates (Moulson or Ennis),along with PP1 time.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Reading that Grigs agent is also Kovalchuk's, it definitely does raise some red flags for me.Were the Sabres forced to send down Grigs right away or else they would be unable to do so?Or did they have more time?For a team that is one of the worst offensively in NHL history, I don't know why they couldn't have given the kid 15 minutes playing with quality linemates (Moulson or Ennis),along with PP1 time.

Because this is the NHL. Nobody is given anything. They are supposed to earn it.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
he had his chance, I've always had the same position on this kid, Not good enough..But many of you gave this kid 16 times the rope he needed and like any good Russian Prima donna he did the proper thing with it..Hope he goes back to the Motherland and is never heard from again

so you hope the Sabres wasted the 12th pick in the 2012 draft?

wow you are a great fan!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Way to give up on a 19 year old. Congratulations for a well thought out :sarcasm: and perfectly illogical expression of pure lunacy. :handclap:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Way to give up on a 19 year old. Congratulations for a well thought out :sarcasm: and perfectly illogical expression of pure lunacy. :handclap:

Give me a break..At 19 I was making life and death decisions, I was 100% responsible for everything I said and did.. Just how much rope you want to give this guy..Yes man..yes adult..

How many more coaches have to tell him,half ass play is not good enough and having a big mouth ice icing on the professional cake..

He can go back and play with boys and score 100 goals a season and think he is great, maybe those boys will tell him he is a great team player,with his agent that is..

If I was him I'd have my mouth shut and be hanging on Zemgus Girgensons every move..But then I was a success at what I did..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad