The Michael McCarron Thread - Part III : Biggerer, Strongerer and Meanerer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
McCarron took care of Caron to show Eugenie who's the real deal.

jordan-caron-injury-600x800.jpg

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
McCarron is creeping Bouchard so bad it's funny.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Ouch.

Eugenie Bouchard ‏@geniebouchard 1 min
Sorry...you're not as good as @Jord38caron “@MacAttackUSA93: Hey @geniebouchard next time I'm in Montreal lets hang out!!”

Poor mcarron he must be heart broken, hopefully that push him to prove Bouchard that he is worthy of her by becoming a megastar Lol.... cause he isnt the cutest face around... on the other hand... I could see mcarron be next on wozniack list ... ;)

68*

I was hoping McCarron really kicked Caron's ass lol. Eugenie Bouchard is one hot *****.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=135703

Pretty good, hopefully he can get 80+ points with the knights. :D :handclap: :nod:

Judging by the little I have seen of him and his stats, he seems to be a better playmaker than he is a goalscorer right now. Nothing wrong with that, but I would love for him to improve his shot and shot selection (more shooting, less passing). But this could also mean that he is effective at parking his large body in front of the net, helping his teammates score after handing the puck to them and moving to the net.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Judging by the little I have seen of him and his stats, he seems to be a better playmaker than he is a goalscorer right now. Nothing wrong with that, but I would love for him to improve his shot and shot selection (more shooting, less passing). But this could also mean that he is effective at parking his large body in front of the net, helping his teammates score after handing the puck to them and moving to the net.

He really seems to be a savvy playmaker. I was so shocked at how good he was in preseason and seeing highlights. He'll obviously easily develop his power game but the fact that he can do both at that size is amazing. I really think he'll be the prospect that puts us over the top.

Just imagine we had an NHL ready well developed McCarron on our team right now replacing DD.

Pacioretty-Eller-Briere
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-McCarron
Bourque-Pleks-Gionta

I'm starting to think that had Mac played in the OHL last year he would've gone top 15.

Forwards that big who can skate and have a legit finesse game are rare as hen's teeth. Plus barring anything stupid he seems like as sure a thing to make it to the bigs as anyone because he could easily play on any line.

Honestly, I don't know if we could've picked anyone else. I think this was such a brilliant pick.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
One assist on 6 goals tonight. Is he still not playing with either Horvat or Domi?

Domi played in only his 2nd game all year-4 periods total ( played one period of 1st game)
Bo missed a couple games early

No McC didn't play with either tonight.
I' don't think the three will be a line under Dale
I'd like to see him play with Bo and Josh Anderson (CLB pick)

He's still adjusting to the play in the OHL, and still finding his way. He's got to learn to use the tools he has effectively to create offense. You can see he has those tools, he's just got to find that comfort level and hell show it more consistently.

He also tweaked his shoulder a couple weeks back and missed a game. He hasn't been real physical.
Just needs another month to settle in.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
He really seems to be a savvy playmaker. I was so shocked at how good he was in preseason and seeing highlights. He'll obviously easily develop his power game but the fact that he can do both at that size is amazing. I really think he'll be the prospect that puts us over the top.

Just imagine we had an NHL ready well developed McCarron on our team right now replacing DD.

Pacioretty-Eller-Briere
Gallagher-Galchenyuk-McCarron
Bourque-Pleks-Gionta

I'm starting to think that had Mac played in the OHL last year he would've gone top 15.

Forwards that big who can skate and have a legit finesse game are rare as hen's teeth. Plus barring anything stupid he seems like as sure a thing to make it to the bigs as anyone because he could easily play on any line.

Honestly, I don't know if we could've picked anyone else. I think this was such a brilliant pick.

As beautiful as that line looks, I doubt it ever happens. Gallagher and Big Mac are both right wingers. Plus, I would like our best forwards playing together. Because of that, I look forward to seeing a line of Max Pac - Galchenyuk - Gallagher in the future.

Then maybe/hopefully, a second line of Collberg - Eller - Big Mac.

Third line: Bournival - Plekanec - Lekhonen/Leblanc

Not too unrealistic I think, but dang, a man can dream right?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
As beautiful as that line looks, I doubt it ever happens. Gallagher and Big Mac are both right wingers. Plus, I would like our best forwards playing together. Because of that, I look forward to seeing a line of Max Pac - Galchenyuk - Gallagher in the future.

Then maybe/hopefully, a second line of Collberg - Eller - Big Mac.

Third line: Bournival - Plekanec - Lekhonen/Leblanc

Not too unrealistic I think, but dang, a man can dream right?

I'm bad with who's a left or right winger. I think that's a very reasonable top 9.

Bournival is really getting me excited. When you're that explosive a skater and you have at worst average size/skill/hockey iq, you'll be effective one way or another. He seems to have better than average skill and hockey iq but not exactly high end. I'm sure he'll be unseeding DD soon enough.

I think DLR will be finding his way in our top 9 but I'm not exactly sure who's spot he'd take. Hudon too. It'll be interesting to see who actually makes it in the next few years.

Playoff Beard

Sep 7, 2006
I get concerned when I read reports like this one. No idea if this guy/scouts is reliable at all, but since I haven't been able to watch McCarron at all in the OHL...

"@RossyYoungblood: Michael McCarron needs to utilize his size more...softest big man alive? He could dominate easily in OHL. #Habs #Knights”

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I get concerned when I read reports like this one. No idea if this guy/scouts is reliable at all, but since I haven't been able to watch McCarron at all in the OHL...

"@RossyYoungblood: Michael McCarron needs to utilize his size more...softest big man alive? He could dominate easily in OHL. #Habs #Knightsâ€

In Habs camp, McCarron was far from soft. And he already has 2 fight in the OHL. So, this guy needs to buy new glasses.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013

"@RossyYoungblood: Michael McCarron needs to utilize his size more...softest big man alive? He could dominate easily in OHL. #Habs #Knightsâ€
ffs, he's hurt and not really even supposed to be playing right now. "Softest big man alive" is an asinine comment and the question mark doesn't make it better. This guy probably has some sort of axe to grind.

I can't think of a D corps in the league that could handle a line of McCarron-Horvat-Anderson. But Hunter will try every conceivable line combo like he always does for several months at least. McCarron-Marner-Anderson is intriguing too.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

I'd prefer him to be more of a playmaker. I find that goalscoring wingers are far more common than playmaking ones. It could add a unique element to the team, on top of his already unique size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad