The Michael McCarron Thread - Part III : Biggerer, Strongerer and Meanerer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
So an 18 YEAR OLD goes to a higher level of competition and he has not been an impact player as FANS have expected from an 18 YEAR OLD.. But he is in a program with a pretty good track record of developing players but this 18 YEAR OLD has not made the NHL yet so we are upset and calling him a bust...Let the kid learn, let him grow mentally in his hockey IQ and let him develop. Quit expecting an 18 YEAR OLD to be this great talent. Few kids that age are; the ones that are youve heard about them when they were 15. Most NHL players were better then average and through proper dedication, growth, coaching and development become NHL worthy.

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
If i remember right, the first year that Tinordi started in London he struggled at the beginning a bit, and even was pretty bad at fighting... Though a couple mistakes on his rookie year this year, i so far am pretty impressed with him.
Too many people think that all prospects are NHL ready right out of the gate!

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
if i remember right, the first year that tinordi started in london he struggled at the beginning a bit, and even was pretty bad at fighting... Though a couple mistakes on his rookie year this year, i so far am pretty impressed with him.
Too many people think that all prospects are nhl ready right out of the gate!

thank you. Let the kids develop and grow.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
I like your poetic style and your statement is more true then NOT.
People have to remember Gill was a good d-man in his time but did not have all the tools like Chara.....so if McCarron can develop into a good 3 or 4th liner we will be happy.
Listen Bos got lucky taking Lucic in the 2nd round just like we did when we got PK

Well thanks! :)

Gill also didn't have the rage issue that Chara has, and I think McCarron also don't have the rage issue Lucic has..

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
Girls love it when you do that :sarcasm:

I totally agree, from my experience -- oh wait, he said "up", not "off". Okay, nevermind.

Anyway, that MacCarron is a swell prospect! I think he's injured. You can play through a lot of shoulder injuries. They aren't always enough to keep you out, but they're sometimes enough to limit your effectiveness.

But I like the Tinordi comparison, in terms of situation. Let's see.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
0 points in his last 6 games, cause for concern?

Not necessarily, it is not a coincidence that he has been struggling since his injury. His pre-season games and first 5 games or so in the OHL compels me to think that he is a lot better than his play or stats show so far. I am fairly certain that his injury is still hurting his play, plus, this is his first year in the OHL.

I am not concerned, I doubt he continues at this level past November or December.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Not necessarily, it is not a coincidence that he has been struggling since his injury. His pre-season games and first 5 games or so in the OHL compels me to think that he is a lot better than his play or stats show so far. I am fairly certain that his injury is still hurting his play, plus, this is his first year in the OHL.

I am not concerned, I doubt he continues at this level past November or December.

Thanks for the positive comment :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad