The Menu Part 7.77 I won absolutely nothing edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Here we go!
image.jpg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh man!!! I decided to go to the grocery store to see if there was a deal on lobster/canners since it was the day after Mother's Day. Around here on those "holidays", lobster is usually cheaper.

They had canners at a regular price $9.99 each. Sale price $4.99 each. But due to having so many pre-cooked, an extra 50% off! So 4 canners in a bag for $10 a bag. I may have bought 3 bags....

So tonight, we have over 11 lbs of lobster to feed on!
View attachment 227373

What the **** is a canner? :laugh: Goofpocalypse of a country.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Were going striper fishing this weekend. This is what they caught Sunday when they went out. Some of these looked like they'll pretty much be the size of me. View attachment 227501
Nice dude, the stripers are out in force from what I've heard. One of my favorite fish to eat too. That and grouper are tops for me.

Speaking of which, I had a grouper Reuben last weekend that was awesome. 10/10 would eat again.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Nice dude, the stripers are out in force from what I've heard. One of my favorite fish to eat too. That and grouper are tops for me.

Speaking of which, I had a grouper Reuben last weekend that was awesome. 10/10 would eat again.

Crazy part is, I dont eat it. We just do it ad a family thing with my dad and two brothers. My dads cousin owns the boat so we get a good deal. Just a fun way to kill a Saturday

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Crazy part is, I dont eat it. We just do it ad a family thing with my dad and two brothers. My dads cousin owns the boat so we get a good deal. Just a fun way to kill a Saturday
Nothing wrong with that, I haven't kept a fish I've caught in years at this point. Let em go so they can grow. Especially with trout. I've caught the same fish on several different occasions. Days, weeks, sometimes even years apart.

Reactions: Starat327

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Nothing wrong with that, I haven't kept a fish I've caught in years at this point. Let em go so they can grow. Especially with trout. I've caught the same fish on several different occasions. Days, weeks, sometimes even years apart.

And you know this how?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
And you know this how?
The spots on trout are like fingerprints, they're unique to each fish. We always take pictures before releasing them, so just compare the spots and you can tell pretty easily. They're territorial too so they'll go right back to the same general area when released. There's one brown trout in particular that we call the town whore. Like 5 different guys have caught him over the course of 3 or 4 years, it's pretty hilarious.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The spots on trout are like fingerprints, they're unique to each fish. We always take pictures before releasing them, so just compare the spots and you can tell pretty easily. They're territorial too so they'll go right back to the same general area when released. There's one brown trout in particular that we call the town ****e. Like 5 different guys have caught him over the course of 3 or 4 years, it's pretty hilarious.

Ya learn something new everyday...

Haha that's awesome. He's probably like f*** it, I'll catch a snack and then they'll just release me. One guy won't be so nice next time

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not sure what others prices are in different areas. Here this week, it's 8.99 a lb for the fillets and doesn't appear on sale.

We don't eat salmon....lol.

I was going to say the furthest I’ve been north is Boston & seafood is a big thing up there as well & I don’t remember salmon being a big thing up there.

Isn’t that more of a western America/Canada thing anyway?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I was going to say the furthest I’ve been north is Boston & seafood is a big thing up there as well & I don’t remember salmon being a big thing up there.

Isn’t that more of a western America/Canada thing anyway?
We certainly are blessed with our fisheries up here considering our province is almost completely surrounded by water and from where I live, can drive anywhere within 4-5 hours. Pretty much 8 hours from the 2 furthers points.

But salmon fishing is big here, and lots of our rivers and lakes have them fully stocked all the time. Growing up, we mostly ate "white" fish like haddock and halibut so that's what my preferences are when it comes to fish. But litterly thru the city, there are fishermen everyday who have certain spots where they sell fresh seafood out if their trucks. Not a 4x4 kind or truck, but like a food truck but with bins of fresh seafood. Most times they go out in the mornings and then around 3pm are at their usual selling spot.

With it in abundance, it helps keep the prices down. Like that lobster was on sale but it was only approx $3 a lb. We ate 4 of them and then shelled the rest of them. Lobster sandwiches for lunch today and then the rest I will freeze and make a seafood pasta with it at some point. So 3 meals for 2 people, for $30. Not bad for $5 each per meal. Cheaper than a chicken burger....lol.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
We certainly are blessed with our fisheries up here considering our province is almost completely surrounded by water and from where I live, can drive anywhere within 4-5 hours. Pretty much 8 hours from the 2 furthers points.

But salmon fishing is big here, and lots of our rivers and lakes have them fully stocked all the time. Growing up, we mostly ate "white" fish like haddock and halibut so that's what my preferences are when it comes to fish. But litterly thru the city, there are fishermen everyday who have certain spots where they sell fresh seafood out if their trucks. Not a 4x4 kind or truck, but like a food truck but with bins of fresh seafood. Most times they go out in the mornings and then around 3pm are at their usual selling spot.

With it in abundance, it helps keep the prices down. Like that lobster was on sale but it was only approx $3 a lb. We ate 4 of them and then shelled the rest of them. Lobster sandwiches for lunch today and then the rest I will freeze and make a seafood pasta with it at some point. So 3 meals for 2 people, for $30. Not bad for $5 each per meal. Cheaper than a chicken burger....lol.
Privileged!!!!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Lucky bastard. Too bad you are such a goof and eat the wrong things lol

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Back to doing Keto after going to the doctors Friday and seeing my weight back to where it was right after my knee surgery.

I think i've dropped 9 pounds already since starting.

Yesterday did a 5 guys lettuce wrap double cheeseburger with mushrooms, grilled onions, tomato, pickles and mayo.

This morning did a Jimmy Deans Sausage and Egg Scramble cup with Cholula

For lunch I had Pepperoni and Cheese cup from Wawa with a Diet Dr. Pepper

May do a Pork Taco Salad and not eat the bowl from local mexican place tonight for dinner.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Back to doing Keto after going to the doctors Friday and seeing my weight back to where it was right after my knee surgery.

I think i've dropped 9 pounds already since starting.

Yesterday did a 5 guys lettuce wrap double cheeseburger with mushrooms, grilled onions, tomato, pickles and mayo.

This morning did a Jimmy Deans Sausage and Egg Scramble cup with Cholula

For lunch I had Pepperoni and Cheese cup from Wawa with a Diet Dr. Pepper

May do a Pork Taco Salad and not eat the bowl from local mexican place tonight for dinner.

I have been doing basically Atkins for about 10 days now and plan to swerve it into Keto, but I'm still reading (i.e. too lazy to read just yet) the specifics I need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad