The Menu Part 10 The John Leclair HOF Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Never, ever, ever again. Ever.

What I should have done was sell my account, but I was an idiot and kept it because I didn't want to rebuild my Friends list. I have two full T3 sets including Rings, Spectral Tiger, the ZG Mounts that were removed from the game (Tiger/Raptor), Merciless/Brutal/Wrathful/Vicious Glad titles, all server first titles through Cata, the first 10 Glad Mounts, original ZA bear, etc.

It was probably a European vacation. I really am an idiot. :laugh:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
What I should have done was sell my account, but I was an idiot and kept it because I didn't want to rebuild my Friends list. I have two full T3 sets including Rings, Spectral Tiger, the ZG Mounts that were removed from the game (Tiger/Raptor), Merciless/Brutal/Wrathful/Vicious Glad titles, all server first titles through Cata, the first 10 Glad Mounts, original ZA bear, etc.

It was probably a European vacation. I really am an idiot. :laugh:

My crowning achievement is an OG ZG Tiger. No silly cards, no black market. Just luck of the sice roll on a daytime (lol) non guild run.

I never won a single f***ing thing after that, but it was worth it. 2nd crowning achievement was getting the constellation mount (cant remember its name) on first run.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
My crowning achievement is an OG ZG Tiger. No silly cards, no black market. Just luck of the sice roll on a daytime (lol) non guild run.

I never won a single ****ing thing after that, but it was worth it. 2nd crowning achievement was getting the constellation mount (cant remember its name) on first run.

I sold mounts/gear/achievements for raiding guilds for many years. People would transfer in, pay us for a drop or whatever they wanted, and the money would go to the guild bank. Then someone would use it to pay for all raid consumables for progression for the whole guild. That's how we had time to keep raiding.

I wish I could express to you how desperate some of these people were. A guy gave me a Spectral Tiger, which at the time was ~$600, as a bribe to jump a few dozen people for the first spot in line at one point. Then he paid for the mount on top of it. Full usual price.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I sold mounts/gear/achievements for raiding guilds for many years. People would transfer in, pay us for a drop or whatever they wanted, and the money would go to the guild bank. Then someone would use it to pay for all raid consumables for progression for the whole guild. That's how we had time to keep raiding.

I wish I could express to you how desperate some of these people were. A guy gave me a Spectral Tiger, which at the time was ~$600, to jump a few dozen people for the first spot in line at one point.

Ah, so you were one of those guilds/players. Impressive. I never quite hit thar pinnacle. In my prime I was still technically going to college, so I had to somewhat be cognizant of dedicating time to school etc.

I do miss the game itself. I just dont miss the grinds.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Ah, so you were one of those guilds/players. Impressive. I never quite hit thar pinnacle. In my prime I was still technically going to college, so I had to somewhat be cognizant of dedicating time to school etc.

I do miss the game itself. I just dont miss the grinds.

You made the right decision for a million reasons.

For example, at one point, I was thinking of transferring and did some raiding with a high end Horde guild on the PTR. What they didn't tell me in advance was that Tauren characters had to say "Moo" before every sentence in Vent. I immediately thanked them for their time and ran the hell away.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

For example, at one point, I was thinking of transferring and did some raiding with a high end Horde guild on the PTR. What they didn't tell me in advance was that Tauren characters had to say "Moo" before every sentence in Vent. I immediately thanked them for their time and ran the hell away.

Wait. Wait wait wait. Your character was... alliance ?

Reactions: Chinatown88

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Also, now that's some dumb shit. Our guild through Vanilla and BC was really cool. Progression focused, but not obnoxiously so. I think we were like server 4th or 5th through all vanilla clears. But the raids were super fun. Distinctly remember (I've probably shared this before) our main healer on Geddon falling asleep at the keyboard and being called the bomb.

"Cnedra, run from the group..
CNEDRA RUN FROM THE GROUP!

f***, guys, hes afk! Everyone run from Cnedra!"

Such good times.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Wait. Wait wait wait. Your character was... alliance ?

Mostly Horde because I PvPed a lot. I did do some Alliance in vanilla because raiding was so much easier with Paladins vs Shaman. I was in <vodka> if you know anything about the raiding scene at the time. This was way back when they were on Mannoroth.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Mostly Horde because I PvPed a lot. I did do some Alliance in vanilla because raiding was so much easier with Paladins vs Shaman. I was in <vodka> if you know anything about the raiding scene at the time. This was way back when they were on Mannoroth.

Vaguely remember the guild, yeah. I've got a buddy I work with (the guy I play POE with) who was the bear tank for a guild that was extremely progressive. I'll have to get his guild name off him, but he told me some stories about super progressive raising that have confirmed I never want to go that deep.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
HF Flyers counsel

Was supposed to meet for hotpot around 7. Find out my friend is ****ing raiding on WoW. Now it's been pushed to around 8. Am I in the wrong here? I was informed around 7? I'm raising a bit of a stink but when you tell someone around 7 isn't that a commitment to meet at said time? Isn't it agreed to?

This has nothing to do with me but I’m still triggered. :laugh: It’s a huge dick move by your friend.

If you make plans, you stick to them unless 1) you have a legit reason for needing to back out or change them, or b) you say something long before the actual meeting time. Neither of which happened here, so there’s no excuse. It’s just selfish.

I should note, however, that I’m a bit of a lunatic when it comes to punctuality. I’ve literally never once been late for anything with a set start time, like school, an appointment, social gathering, work, or anything else unless it was 100% out of my hands. If anything, I show up early to make sure. It drives me nuts when people are inconsiderate and think others should wait for them. It’s a matter of respect for the other people, so if I can manage to get there on time then I see no reason why others can’t. (again, assuming there’s no legit reason that prevented them from getting there on time).

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
HF Flyers counsel

Was supposed to meet for hotpot around 7. Find out my friend is ****ing raiding on WoW. Now it's been pushed to around 8. Am I in the wrong here? I was informed around 7? I'm raising a bit of a stink but when you tell someone around 7 isn't that a commitment to meet at said time? Isn't it agreed to?

I think the appropriate action is to curb stomp whatever gaming platform he was using. Then to slap them both.

Couldn't fall asleep last night. Dont think I'll have that problem tonight.

View attachment 271817

I’ve got a 17 coffee stout chilling somewhere.

I think you just repay them with a nice "I'll meet you at 730" then show up at 745.

Not severe enough. Give them the wrong restaurant and wrong night.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's good to be back in NorthCal

20191103_202903.jpg

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Founders CBS. Overrated? Underrated? Right where it’s supposed to be in the pantheon of barrel aged stouts?

I only ask because right now it is literally ubiquitous. Unlike any time I’ve ever gone looking for it. Even the beer garden at the Giant I work at had three or four cases.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Founders CBS. Overrated? Underrated? Right where it’s supposed to be in the pantheon of barrel aged stouts?

I only ask because right now it is literally ubiquitous. Unlike any time I’ve ever gone looking for it. Even the beer garden at the Giant I work at had three or four cases.

Founders is making all/most of their stuff year round now, including KBS and CBS. I like both, and itll be nice to not have to wait around for them now, but the pricepoint on CBS was OUTRAGEOUS before. It was not a $30 beer, and that what they were charging ( or what i remember eeing before, anyway).

The smaller format of 4/12's will help, as its easier to be suckered into a $26 4 pack for me than single bottle. Having year round BBA options will be nice though.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Founders is making all/most of their stuff year round now, including KBS and CBS. I like both, and itll be nice to not have to wait around for them now, but the pricepoint on CBS was OUTRAGEOUS before. It was not a $30 beer, and that what they were charging ( or what i remember eeing before, anyway).

The smaller format of 4/12's will help, as its easier to be suckered into a $26 4 pack for me than single bottle. Having year round BBA options will be nice though.
CBS is going bye bye. I just read they are no longer going to produce it. Until they decide to produce it again.

Price point is huge. I have yet to cave and buy anything eclipse variants because they are so obnoxiously expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad