The Menu Part 10 The John Leclair HOF Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
giphy.gif

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Is it safe for me to start posting my vegan dishes again?
Last time I posted a vegan-friendly meal I was so ostracized and shamed by you all I promptly left the thread and for three days straight suckled on the teat of one of those milk cows that lives and dies by being inseminated and subsequently separated from it's baby so it continues lactating forever in hopes of fitting in better around here.

#meatismurder

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Last time I posted a vegan-friendly meal I was so ostracized and shamed by you all I promptly left the thread and for three days straight suckled on the teat of one of those milk cows that lives and dies by being inseminated and subsequently separated from it's baby so it continues lactating forever in hopes of fitting in better around here.

#meatismurder

You were good until the hashtag.

(sarcasm, obviously)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

#meatismurder

no

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
You were good until the hashtag.

(sarcasm, obviously)

Haha thanks man. Honestly I don't give a damn what you do or what you eat. I'm worried about myself first and foremost and don't try to change anyone. I'm open to discussing a wide array of topics, especially when it comes to diet. My personal stance on eating less meat gravitates toward the environmental impact the meat industry has.... and I'll leave it at that.

I still consume meat, but it's maybe 5-10% of my weekly diet. Dairy I eat little of (it flares up my psoriasis). But don't get me wrong, I'll destroy a Tbone with my bare hands and suck the fat off the bone if YOU set it before me, but for the most part I do not purchase meat.

I've got a lot of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks I'll post here and there.

For instance, right now I'm enjoying a "Salmon Roll" for lunch.

I cut tomatoes into thin strips (about 1/4" thick by 1 inch length) and marinate them in a smokey sauce (store bought and vegan ingredients).
Prepare the sticky rice. Let it cool to room temp.
Cover the nori with rice. Add sprouts, sesame seeds, cucumber (skinny strips) and celery. ( all small pieces or else the sushi rolls fall apart)
Roll the nori.
Put "salmon" on top. It truly looks like a deep reddish color resembling a cold Northern Atlantic salmon filet. Appearance is everything, especially when it comes to eating veg-based meals.

And I also have some potato chips.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Haha thanks man. Honestly I don't give a damn what you do or what you eat. I'm worried about myself first and foremost and don't try to change anyone. I'm open to discussing a wide array of topics, especially when it comes to diet. My personal stance on eating less meat gravitates toward the environmental impact the meat industry has.... and I'll leave it at that.

I still consume meat, but it's maybe 5-10% of my weekly diet. Dairy I eat little of (it flares up my psoriasis). But don't get me wrong, I'll destroy a Tbone with my bare hands and suck the fat off the bone if YOU set it before me, but for the most part I do not purchase meat.

I've got a lot of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks I'll post here and there.

I cut tomatoes into thin strips (about 1/4" thick by 1 inch length) and marinate them in a smokey sauce (store bought and vegan ingredients).
Cover the nori with rice. Add sprouts, sesame seeds, cucumber (skinny strips) and celery. ( all small pieces or else the sushi rolls fall apart)
Roll the nori.
Put "salmon" on top. It truly looks like a deep reddish color resembling a cold Northern Atlantic salmon filet. Appearance is everything, especially when it comes to eating veg-based meals.

Yeah, I would never knock on someone for what they choose to eat. If i was part of the group that you felt mocked/ragged on you for your vegan dishes - I apologize. Im an extremely sarcastic person and just about nothing I say should be taken seriously - unless i'm eviscerating senseless arguments about player usage/development.

I think your opening paragraph says it best - let people do their thing, you do your own, and everyone should be fine. It's when people try to tell me that i shouldn't eat meat because its inhumane, or whatever and try to actively affect my choice is where i draw the line.

Reactions: Tripod and ybnvs

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Roll the nori.

Normally I like your environmental thoughts and then your food makes me want to die, but that sounds tasty as all ****. I could hardly be more pro-salmon, and so could(n't?) my farts.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad