Confirmed with Link: The koala has been fired!! Todd McLellan fired, Jim Hiller named Interim Head Coach

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Hiller changing nothing. Kopi still gonna skate 20+ minutes, 1-3-1 in play, disregard timeouts. Todd was an issue but Blake needs to go.
Todd was terrible at what he was hired to do. Blake is a Problem. Luc is f***ing worthless outside of shaking hands and being a cheerleader!

AEG misinterpreted Deans formula of building a culture and installed an entitlement ridden regime based on country club staffing!

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
ihRGPBz.png
DAMMIT
Dont post college pics of me

Reactions: tny760

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
If the right guy isn’t available now you wait until the off season. Until then they maybe turn it around with Hiller and/or the younger guys get bigger roles. I have no problem with Hiller taking the reins as long as they don’t make silly moves trying to hang on for the playoffs. It’s an opportunity for Hiller to step up also and certainly means Stürm isn’t the coach in waiting as people assumed was definitely the case.
Hiller has zero NHL HC experience. It smacks of short term view on the entire situation and desperation because Blake had no plan.

Blake is a dummy's dummy. He is stupid as they come, no ability to think ahead. Since he gave Todd that one year contract this year he already knew this might happen (most coaches don't do well as lame ducks without another year on their deal). Todd already had one foot out the door and when then it happens he has to change him he has NOBODY lined up, no plan except use some guy who has never had any NHL HC experience take over his team he thinks is poised to challenge for the Cup? Totally not acceptable.

He essentially planned for this year to be a complete washout, with all their additions to elevate them knowing 2 key players are on the way down after this.

Blake is as dumb as they come and I am not happy having a no experience guy take the team right now because its admitting this season is done.

They wait until the TDL and if they are out the move Roy, RV and Lizotte to fill other needs.
Blake should be internally banned from making any more trades this year because he's more likely to F this team up so his shit team can limp into the playoffs and get a 4-0 series loss. He's made enough moves, this team should not have any holes to fill and they sure don't have any cap space.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
"Interim"

*could* mean the end of the season, or the trade deadline, this month, or this week

Thus far they have not said how long the interim is

edit: It is for the end of this season, what a clown show

Now, no coach worth their salt is going to take less than $5 x 5 from BLuc's LA Kings. The next question is, Who has What authority to make a hire like that right now?

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
you might be right about that because all indications were they were gonna use the break as a reset and weren't gonna do a damn thing.

Also, look at how long this all went on for. Almost a quarter of the season. How much time did Stevens get - and that was a stumble out of the gate. This was a collapse
Yeah that’s even what they stated themselves that this was a reset. This wasn’t Blake firing. This indicates he is on his final leg right now. All things considered I think it’s a good thing it’s Hiller as coach because I’d rather if the Kings continue to falter which they might, then at least the new GM will have no choice but to hire a new staff wholesale.

If Hiller does good then that’s fine by me, I still think Blake gets canned if the Kings don’t pass round 1.

There’s going to be a lot of big sweeping changes in the Kings. The one thing we were mostly all wrong about is AEG not caring because they’re too big.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
"Interim"

*could* mean the end of the season, or the trade deadline, this month, or this week

Now, no coach worth their salt is going to take less than $5 x 5 from BLuc's LA Kings. The next question is, Who has What authority to make a hire like that right now?
i have to think interim in this case is the end of the season, guillotine hanging above blake's head

Reactions: chris kontos

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If AEG is wide awake, they'll move Luc to team ambassador and bring in a new president who will work with AEG to do a thorough GM search in the offseason when assistants are available. It will have to happen fast because they need to decided whether to buyout PLD and hire the best coach before other teams do. I really concerned that just Blake is fired we get the Bergovin Luc shit show.
I don't even want to see Luc as a team mascot anymore unless he is in the Bailey suit.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
don't claim to know shit about hiller as a coach but if he ran at least PP2, he was giving the kids a fair shake so i'm cool with that

unique position to be in having watched the faults in front of him but still having a full roster to make his tweaks with now

please for the love of god lighten the load on kopi and danault, they won the other night by just rolling 4 and letting the kids work

I don't want to lighten the load on Kopi and Danault. I want to roll three centers all 20 min and dress 7 D.
Hell you could rotate 4 centers Kopi, Danault, QB and PLD. We have been told the deal was about solidifying the middle. Well lets run with it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lol. Well it's a good start and it isn't Sturm taking over... yet.

Blake about 2 weeks ago: "we aren't getting rid of Todd, he's been great here."
View attachment 814002
alot of GMS come out and say this. it is always a kiss of death

Eric Stephen's Athletic article is a nice summary of the issues that have been brought up on this board over the months: Stephens: Kings fire Todd McLellan, but shouldn’t GM Rob Blake share the blame?

he should do his own work haha

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
McLellan is not a bad coach, he's just not a winner. He's the Jeff Fisher of the NHL, a competent coach who complies career wins just being ok enough. His lack of adjustments, refusal to use timeouts, and just overall stubbornness puts a ceiling on the type of success his teams can have. Is this all his fault? Absolutely not. But I won't shed any tears over him being gone because he was never going to lead the Kings to the mountaintop. And if this all leads to Blake and Luc being gone as well, even better

OH my GOD Absolutely nailed it

Reactions: tigermask48

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I feel for Todd but like others have said, he doesn't seem like the guy that gets a team to the pinnacle.

Wish him well.

Hope Hillier isn't more of the same.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
"Interim"

The statement from the team literally said “interim coach for the remainder of the season.” Seems pretty unambiguous to me.

IMG_1345.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad