The GM Mode Prospect Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
how long do Datsyuk and Zetterberg usually stay until regressing significantly or retiring?

Datsyuk retires 2 or 3 seasons in normally.

Zetterberg normally a year or two after that.

They have "Joe Thornton-type" regression - in that even though they do get worse compared to their initial ranking, they are still very good players.

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
Say I want to add a prospect that would be drafted in maybe the 3rd season. How would I do that?

I'm not sure if you can get one into the 3rd season, but what you want to do is create a player, set their birth year to 1997 (youngest you can), make sure that they have no pro team, and that they're undrafted (sometimes you can't scroll through these, so I just hit random until I get those 2 attributes set, then redo the age and name and stuff), set all their other attributes like height, weight, hand, position, and stats, then hit create.

Next you want to go to roster management, player movement, and find your newly created player in the list of free agents. Put them in a junior team, then start your Be A Gm with your new rosters.

There may be an easier way, but I have not come upon it yet

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I've got some players that have turned out nicely lately. Here they are:

Willie Clapperton (2nd overall, 2026; traded to EDM - 5 - 95 - C - PLY) I actually passed up on this guy but then I immediately traded for him. 95 overall at the age of 23 now, pretty good for a 2nd overall pick.

Ola Reiss (1st overall 2017 - 5 - 85 - DFD) Couldn't pass up on this monster, i had to trade up for him. Right out of the draft he was 85. Not to mention he is 6'10 and 230 lbs at 19 years old :laugh:

Curtis Valk (2nd overall 2013 - 4.5 - 87 - C - PLY) Grabbed this guy at the starting draft. He was 58 overall, then I played him on my 1st line. In 2 years he got to 86 overall. He can't score goals for s*** but he should be a consistent 60 point playmaker.

Still Developing:
Atturi Lehkonen (73 - 4)
Mitch Holmberg (70 - 3)
Travis Konecny (60 - 4)
Tyler Benson (47 - 4)
Fredrik Gauthier (84 - 4)
Alexander Ackermann (82 - 3.5)
Boulton Pouliot (76 - 5)​

Last edited:

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Ive gone through drafts, up to 2020. i always looked at everyone drafted even by other teams, and still havent seen a 5 star player :(

In my first few GMs in 14 I haven't seen one, but this past month it seems like their is one in every second draft

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
I'm about 6 years in, and he is an 88 OVR.

My Beau always hovers around 85, never really puts up any good stats either, much like the rest of the Penguins. Crosby and Malkin fail to hit ppg year after year, but Seguin can hit 90 and Hunter Shinkaruk can pot 40 goals consistently.

Of the high talent players, I find that Crosby and Malkin should always be close to the top 2 in scoring, but barely ever scrape the top 10. As a Flyers fan, it's funny, but I would rather it be more accurate instead.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Ive gone through drafts, up to 2020. i always looked at everyone drafted even by other teams, and still havent seen a 5 star player :(

I wonder if something in EA's new roster update fixed that.

I'd not seen any, and then all of a sudden I'm seeing them everywhere.

Especially in goal. It seems like every other year, there's a 5 star goaltender or two at the top of every draft.

you Giroux it for me

Feb 7, 2012
Philadelphia
I wonder if something in EA's new roster update fixed that.

I'd not seen any, and then all of a sudden I'm seeing them everywhere.

Especially in goal. It seems like every other year, there's a 5 star goaltender or two at the top of every draft.

In one of mine, in the 2020's, a 5 star yellow Tough Guy was the #1 pick of the draft.

Hemsky is a gangsta

Hemsky is a gangsta
Jun 23, 2004
I just realized you can draft priority during playoffs of GM Connected haha...thought you were supposed to do it in the last sim before draft only

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
My favorite is when you get into later years and you start seeing top draft-eligibles with "styles" that don't match their positions (like PWF defensemen or TWD forwards).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad