CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Thoughts? Anything you would add to this list?

Goddamn I would kill for proper fantasy football. Not this TSN run buying players and playing against people with nearly identical teams they also bought.

A half decent CFL video game would help.

Id add they need to work on improving and selling the gameday "experience" in most markets.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
1) that would be a partnership between the CFL and TSN. Would make sense for both sides
2) unlikely. I met with people who worked for EA in the past and they said that the market now doesn’t support multiple of the same games now and this was a decade ago. There is Madden and NCAA as well. Don’t think the sales would offset the work needed to produce the game.
3) Fantasy football should definitely be something they should do.
4) pre and post game production. Yes, TSN can be better but at the same time it’s a 18 game season with 6 playoff teams. How interesting can those shows be if it’s essentially a ncaa conference size? The importance of each game can only be so high.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
2) unlikely. I met with people who worked for EA in the past and they said that the market now doesn’t support multiple of the same games now and this was a decade ago. There is Madden and NCAA as well. Don’t think the sales would offset the work needed to produce the game.
I think the only way this could work would be if the CFL got into a Madden game but I highly doubt that would happen. Would be super cool though!

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think the only way this could work would be if the CFL got into a Madden game but I highly doubt that would happen. Would be super cool though!

They do it with NHL though. At least last time I bought one they had a few european leagues in there, and I know that in NHL 22 they include womens teams. Ive never understood why Madden hasnt done this. Securing the license probably costs nothing (CFL might do it for publicity alone) and itd take a programmer like one day to add the 9 teams. Even if thats all they started at, just adding the teams itd be huge, IMO.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
They do it with NHL though. At least last time I bought one they had a few european leagues in there, and I know that in NHL 22 they include womens teams. Ive never understood why Madden hasnt done this. Securing the license probably costs nothing (CFL might do it for publicity alone) and itd take a programmer like one day to add the 9 teams. Even if thats all they started at, just adding the teams itd be huge, IMO.
I wonder about the image from Madden's end. Do they want to associate with the weird football from up North?

Agreed that it would take practically no time to implement. Add the 9 teams and have a season mode and I would be over the moon.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hockey is the same game. CFL is different.

you are adding a 12th player on the field. Code to make it 3 down game. DL is a yard off the ball vs inches away. Doubt they need the u limited motion of the receivers in the game.

Not as simple as just adding teams.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hockey is the same game. CFL is different.

you are adding a 12th player on the field. Code to make it 3 down game. DL is a yard off the ball vs inches away. Doubt they need the u limited motion of the receivers in the game.

Not as simple as just adding teams.

I said as a start. That one little nugget could be a test at least to see if ppl respond. Which I think they would considering how many ppl bought flat out garbage unlicensed stuff like Doug Fluties Maximum Football and that independant Canadian football game. Then they could judge if it makes financial sense to program in CFL rules the next year, and maybe a season/franchise mode down the road.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I said as a start. That one little nugget could be a test at least to see if ppl respond. Which I think they would considering how many ppl bought flat out garbage unlicensed stuff like Doug Fluties Maximum Football and that independant Canadian football game. Then they could judge if it makes financial sense to program in CFL rules the next year, and maybe a season/franchise mode down the road.
Has to make sense for EA to do that. It is a big one time cost to setup the game play and settings.
Would they see a spike in sales from doing that? Minimal I would think.

but if the cfl like you said offers the likeness stuff for free then it’s a possibility.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really don't know how the CFL can do a good fantasy football. With 9 teams it could never be anything like NFL fantasy football.

The person that figures it out though could go down in history as one of the most impactful individuals in CFL history.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Best bet is to start with a CFL game app. If all of sudden it's doing real well someone could look at that and expand it into a console game

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Masoli is the better QB easily, IMO, but vaxx status probably why they went this way.
The way I have seen it the past couple of seasons is Masoli has a higher peak level of play, whereas Evans has a lower level of play but is more consistent.

When Masoli is off he is terribly off.

Reactions: hoglund

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The way I have seen it the past couple of seasons is Masoli has a higher peak level of play, whereas Evans has a lower level of play but is more consistent.

When Masoli is off he is terribly off.

I just dont think Evans can win when it matters. Hes a whiner and folds when things dont go his way. The way he quit in 2019 in GC is not something that goes away. I know Hamilton is hoping he grows out of that, but we'll see. Masoli was the only reason Hamilton had a chance in the 2021 GC.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Reilly retiring early isn't a shock to me. With the way he played you had to figure he was taking years off of his career.

I'm sure taking an absolute ass kicking behind the Lions offensive line probably helped expedite the decision too.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Thank you Brandon Banks. It's been fun watching you in the Hammer. Best of luck!

Tiger-Cats, WR Banks agree to part ways after eight-year run - TSN.ca

I'm going to say he ends up in Ottawa. DeVonte Dedmon just signed in the NFL (Miami) so they could use some help on special teams and WR, plus Shawn Burke is now there as the GM.

He's 34 now and with age and injuries catching up to him, his best years are behind him. Too bad he couldn't help the Cats get over the hump.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Man this one stings. One of the Tim Hortons Field mainstays! Been here through the entirety of this new era! Going to miss him and the fun he brought to game day.

I only wish we saw this guy lift a GC in the Black and Gold!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad