CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This is a big loss for the Tiger cats.
It's a loss in terms of a fan favourite leaving but I don't think it's a major loss in the grand scheme of the team. Banks is older, commands a lot of the cap, and is not the same player from 2019 and prior. I would have loved to see him stay, but understand why this was the end decision.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
It's a loss in terms of a fan favourite leaving but I don't think it's a major loss in the grand scheme of the team. Banks is older, commands a lot of the cap, and is not the same player from 2019 and prior. I would have loved to see him stay, but understand why this was the end decision.

Agreed. J’Gared Davis would be a huge loss. Banks, not so much.

They also need to get Acklin signed.

Free agency courting period starts tomorrow so players will be axle to talk to other teams.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lemar Durant from BC to Hamilton. Dunbar Jr and Don Jay also stay put in Hamilton. Decent talent players thus far but we are going to nee star player to really push this team over the hump.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Cottoy back in BC now, along with Burnham and Whitehead. They have a deal on the table to make Lawler to highest priced non-QB in the CFL. I could see them targetting Johnny Augustine as well to give them a great RB. BC really taking advantage of that cap space but can their bad OL and young Rourke take advantage of the crazy number of weapons theyll have? And will they have any money left for a defense? No matter what BC will be interesting to watch next year.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Cottoy back in BC now, along with Burnham and Whitehead. They have a deal on the table to make Lawler to highest priced non-QB in the CFL. I could see them targetting Johnny Augustine as well to give them a great RB. BC really taking advantage of that cap space but can their bad OL and young Rourke take advantage of the crazy number of weapons theyll have? And will they have any money left for a defense? No matter what BC will be interesting to watch next year.

Looks like Augustine has re-signed with Winnipeg. Oliviera looks to be leaving.

I think the Leo's could target Sean-Thomas Erlington. He's been fairly productive in Hamilton and would be a nice add for them.

But as you note, that offensive line is subpar. Hard to get the ball to your receivers when your QB is laying flat on his back.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Looks like Augustine has re-signed with Winnipeg. Oliviera looks to be leaving.

I think the Leo's could target Sean-Thomas Erlington. He's been fairly productive in Hamilton and would be a nice add for them.

But as you note, that offensive line is subpar. Hard to get the ball to your receivers when your QB is laying flat on his back.

Oliveira has deep ties to the WPG community. I doubt he is leaving. Augustine re-signing likely points to a Andrew Harris retirement, IMO. Power (Oliveira) and Quickness (Augustine) time share at RB is the most likely scenario at this point, IMO.

Thonas-Erlington is never a guy who stood out that much to me, but his production grade I saw on cfl.ca article the other day was very impressive. Was it injuries why he never caught on more? Cant recall. Could very well be a nice add for someone as HAM appeared to go all in on Don Jackson.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Oliveira has deep ties to the WPG community. I doubt he is leaving. Augustine re-signing likely points to a Andrew Harris retirement, IMO. Power (Oliveira) and Quickness (Augustine) time share at RB is the most likely scenario at this point, IMO.

Thonas-Erlington is never a guy who stood out that much to me, but his production grade I saw on cfl.ca article the other day was very impressive. Was it injuries why he never caught on more? Cant recall. Could very well be a nice add for someone as HAM appeared to go all in on Don Jackson.

In 2019 STE was lost for most of the year. I think it was week 4 where he got hurt in Montreal and that was it for him. He was good last season as the Cats started him as part of their ratio setup. Then due to some injuries in other areas, they adjusted ratio-wise and had Jackson start.

He'll make a nice addition somewhere. I could see BC, Calgary, Ottawa or even Montreal. He should get scooped up fairly quickly once free agency starts on the 8th.

I'm looking forward to Jackson being the lead dog next year. Just hope he can stay healthy.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Looks like RB Andrew Harris and WR Darvin Adams are moving on from the Bombers. Both guys were critical signings at the start of the Walters rebuild (2016 and 2015 respectively). Both were huge on and off the field in turning around the organization. Do not look forward to seeing these guys in other jerseys, but sometimes it just ends up being time to move on.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
FA Day!

Some notables from today and past few days
QB Jeremiah Masoli HAM -> OTT
DE Kwaku Boateng EDM -> OTT
DT Micah Johnson SSK -> HAM
WR Jaelon Acklin HAM -> OTT
DB Louchez Purifoy SSK -> BC
RB William Powell SSK -> OTT
LB Patrick Levels MTL -> OTT
DB Ed Gainey SSK -> EDM
WR Kenny Lawler WPG -> EDM
MLB Darnell Sankey CGY -> SSK
WR Greg Ellingson EDM -> WPG
LB Deon Lacey SSK -> EDM
WR Darvin Adams WPG ->OTT
OL Darius Ciraco HAM -> OTT
LD Derrick Moncrief EDM -> SSK
LB Adam Konar BC -> EDM
DE Ja'Gared Davis HAM -> TOR
OL Mark Korte OTT -> EDM
DB Mike Jones WPG -> MTL
DB Alden Darby WPG -> OTT
K Sean Whyte EDM -> BC
Few more
WR Shaq Johnson BC -> OTT
WR Hergy Mayala CGY ->MTL
QB Michael O'Connor CGY -> BC

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018

STE never really got a chance to shine when he came back from injury. Their were some games when Condell would only let him rush the ball three times or less. He seemed to love the jet sweeps to recievers, screen passes,etc.

Also people forget all the diffrent line combos. We had I believe; four diffrent right guards, three diffrent centres, three or four diffrent left tackles and about three diffrent right tackles. Only Revenburg, our left guard stayed the same.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Some proposed rule changes at next week's Bog meeting

Reducing holding penalties from 10 to 5 yards.

And no, going to 4 downs is not on the table though it has been discussed.

I do like the 100 yard field. Shorter distance to score and the field can fit more properly at BMO field and McGill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad