Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I’m bored of this. This is boring. People whining about millions of dollars. Jeremy, either sign a contract or ask for a trade. Fire your agent and learn to respect the sport again. Boston, don’t be dickbags. Either give him what he wants or move him. Otherwise you both can f*** off til ya do.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m bored of this. This is boring. People whining about millions of dollars. Jeremy, either sign a contract or ask for a trade. Fire your agent and learn to respect the sport again. Boston, don’t be dickbags. Either give him what he wants or move him. Otherwise you both can f*** off til ya do.
Yeah - as a Detroit fan I should gives 2 shitZ about this...Instead I should be hoping for an implosion where Boston slides into mediocrity...

1727891670240.png

Reactions: double5son10

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Yeah - as a Detroit fan I should gives 2 shitZ about this...Instead I should be hoping for an implosion where Boston slides into mediocrity...

View attachment 911723
Honestly if they’re gonna make it ugly, then go full-ugly. Disclose everything, bring receipts, if you’re gonna be like two catty high school girls slinging mud, then do it in the cafeteria so all can get some entertainment with their tater tots.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
If Swayman doesn't sign for 8x8 I hope Sweeney & Co makes him sit for his 2 remaining RFA years while simultaneously ruining Gross's career. :popcorn: Who would sign Swayman for 10M+ after sitting for 2 years?... good luck with that.
Why would they do that vs. trying to trade him in order to get an actual return? Hasn't it also come out that Swayman isn't even asking for $10M?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
?

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
This is just wrong. B's had to trade Ullmark or they would be offloading him under duress at start of the season. Swayman surrendered all his leverage when he declined arbitration. He has no option to sign anywhere in the NHL but Boston for two years

Boston could put a contract offer down for 2 years $5m AAV no trade restrictions and Swayman would sign it before Dec 1, I guarantee it. Otherwise he's playing in Sweden for $500k. Boston has not done this bc they want a long term deal.
They didn’t have to trade Ullmark. They could have traded Swayman instead and signed Ullmark.

And watch no player ever sign with Boston again.
The Jacobs cheapathon just gets worse every year. Now it finally hits home at the most important position. Watch the B’s take a step back this season. Their goaltending is abysmal.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
They didn’t have to trade Ullmark. They could have traded Swayman instead and signed Ullmark.

The Jacobs cheapathon just gets worse every year. Now it finally hits home at the most important position. Watch the B’s take a step back this season. Their goaltending is abysmal.

Ullmark had one great season, playing behind the best regular season team of all time.

He then couldn't be trusted to get starts in the playoffs for 2 straight years.

Signing him long term was never going to happen.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
this might not be as bad as nylander bending dubas over, but it's pretty dang close

a tandem goalie holding out this long after they cleared space for him to be the starter doesn't make either side look good

Reactions: Score08

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That's how she goes. Wins matter.

So basically you don't really have anything to refute what I said.....so you just throw out some "it is what it is" comment. :laugh:

The problem is swayman is asking for starter money without starter’s numbers. There has to be a comprise. He has to recognize he doesn’t have the qualifications to be asking for this kind of money. I think saying the bruins want him as a starter is speculation, in a perfect world korp or Bussi fills in and they operate with the 2 splitting time. This helps them with salary and cap flexibility to fill out their roster.

What are "starter numbers"

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
If the Bruins don't like the returns they can sit him. In two years I'm sure Swayman would request 10m+.

To show this petulant man-child and his crony agent who's boss.
Again, how does that help the Bruins more vs. just moving him now and actually getting something of value for him? They aren't going to just let him rot to make a point if it hurts them in the long run.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
this might not be as bad as nylander bending dubas over, but it's pretty dang close

a tandem goalie holding out this long after they cleared space for him to be the starter doesn't make either side look good
Nylander didn't really bend Dubas over. He accepted what turned out to be an incredibly valuable deal for the Leafs.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So basically you don't really have anything to refute what I said.....so you just throw out some "it is what it is" comment. :laugh:

What are "starter numbers"
There’s nothing to argue. One guy won a lot more when it mattered. Nevermind it being a different market then. It’s ten plus years ago it wasn’t last week

Last edited:

Score08

Apr 6, 2017

What are you going on about? The bruins spend to the cap every year, how’s this cheap? How old are you?

Reactions: USGRANT

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Again, how does that help the Bruins more vs. just moving him now and actually getting something of value for him? They aren't going to just let him rot to make a point if it hurts them in the long run.
Because these people behind a keyboard don't realize that these gms are in reality and are not just going to make a stupid business decision over spite. And if they did, they would likely lose their jobs.

Just love the useless "just let him sit for 2 years then" comments. Baked in zero reality.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think saying the bruins want him as a starter is speculation, in a perfect world korp or Bussi fills in and they operate with the 2 splitting time. This helps them with salary and cap flexibility to fill out their roster.

Swayman and his agent aren't dumb enough to fall for this.

It's one thing to say "it's a tandem" but when the playoffs come along and the games really matter, Swayman plays all the games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad