Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was very much their Sam Steel/Victor Rask. His good years were because he got to put up some points with Keller and Schmaltz. I like Boyd quite a bit better than Lettieri or Lucchini though.
Ahh... makes sense. Jones has actually had the best camp of that group of tweener vets, but I still don't see him making the club.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ahh... makes sense. Jones has actually had the best camp of that group of tweener vets, but I still don't see him making the club.

It sounds like the Wild like Jones, based on what I've heard. I can see him making it as the 13th guy, I think they'd prefer to have Ohgren and Clarke in the AHL, but who knows.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Who are the 30 guys still here?

Boldy
Clarke
Eriksson Ek
Foligno
Gaudreau

Hartman
Johansson
Jones
Kaprizov
Khusnutdinov

Lauko
Milne(?)
Ohgren
Rossi
Trenin

Zuccarello

Bogosian
Brodin
Chisholm
Faber

Hunt
Merrill
Middleton
Spurgeon

Fleury
Gustavsson
Wallstedt

That's only 27, who am I missing?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hello Wild fans! I'm curious. Do you think Faber can hit 60 points this year?
I think he's more likely to end up with 40 than 60. He's a defense-first player. If he plays top PP again, he'll probably end up around where he was last year, but his offensive skillset is based on competence and vision more than it is on an amazing shooting or passing ability. He's like Brodin, if Brodin had learned to ever activate to offense.'

Do keep in mind though, last year I had him pegged as a 20 point, 2nd-3rd pairing defenseman in his rookie year, so I've already been incredibly wrong about him in the past.

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If there was a year for him to do it, this would be a pretty good one, Kap and JEE in their prime with Boldy starting to really take off makes for a very strong PP. The secondary scoring should theoretically be better this season, but that is where I see the challenge for him to get there. He looked really impactful in his only pre-season game so far, I wouldn't be shocked if he hit 60, but I don't think its the most likely outcome without another Spurgeon injury.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It seems to be just about certain that Jones will be the 13th forward, Öhgren starts in Iowa, which is probably the best way to do it, and I imagine Öhgren is the first call up.

It'll be interesting to see if Iowa isn't a dumpster fire this year, though if their plan is to carry Wallstedt on the NHL roster, the expectations aren't high.
You found it! Very nice.

Reactions: BagHead

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
with spurgeon back its unlikely he'll be in a position to score as much so i think matching his points last year is a more realistic goal.
Is Spurgeon at risk of taking his PP1 spot? I thought Faber was your guy on that front. And considering last year he was rookie, I really expected him to do even better this year.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Is Spurgeon at risk of taking his PP1 spot? I thought Faber was your guy on that front. And considering last year he was rookie, I really expected him to do even better this year.
Faber is battling Chisholm for the power play spot. Doubtful he loses the spot at this current moment. With Spurgeon back, I would assume a down tick in 5v5 and potentially PK minutes. Nothing egregious, but reducing the overall minutes per game from 25 to maybe 23.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zalos

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
There is a post in the Hunt thread that said he is ready for the NHL. Will be interesting to see how the team operates with Brodin-Middleton-Chisholm-Hunt-Merrill for LHD and Buium expected to sign at the end of the year.
Buium-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm/Hunt-Brodin

Or move one of them for a big RHD. What’s your read on Hensler? He looks like exactly what the farm is missing

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
with spurgeon being the captain i doubt faber is 1st pair (not saying he shouldn't be).
Faber is first pairing now.
Faber is battling Chisholm for the power play spot. Doubtful he loses the spot at this current moment. With Spurgeon back, I would assume a down tick in 5v5 and potentially PK minutes. Nothing egregious, but reducing the overall minutes per game from 25 to maybe 23.
Only reason that Faber wouldn't get PP#1 is if the Hynes decides to save him for the PK, but i think that would be a dumb decision. I can see Spurgeon and Chisholm on PP#2. We simply don't have enough talented offensive forwards to justify taking a spot away from either one.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Buium-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm/Hunt-Brodin

Or move one of them for a big RHD. What’s your read on Hensler? He looks like exactly what the farm is missing
I honestly have never seen Hensler play. From what I’ve read, he’s a 2-way guy with good skating and offensive abilities (shot/hands). I picture Ryan Suter when I read others describe his game. Not sure if that is accurate or not.

Believe that @Obvious Fabertism has seen Hensler in person and liked how he looked.

I can check back in the draft thread once Wisconsin’s season starts. First game is October 11th and I will be at the game on the 12th.

Reactions: MNRube

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Lines today, I guess Rossi fans will like this...

Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello
Johansson-Eriksson Ek-Boldy
Foligno-Hartman-Trenin
Lauko-Khusnutdinov-Gaudreau
Ohgren-Jones mixed in

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm-Bogosian
Merrill-Hunt mixed in

Gustavsson/Fleury/Wallstedt

Hartman lost 15 pounds this summer, I hope it isn't muscle. But maybe he thought he was too heavy and slow.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
just how many passes does Johansson get because he had a nice 25 game stretch with Boldy two seasons ago?

Reactions: MuckOG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad