Minnesota Wild General Discussion 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was very much their Sam Steel/Victor Rask. His good years were because he got to put up some points with Keller and Schmaltz. I like Boyd quite a bit better than Lettieri or Lucchini though.
Ahh... makes sense. Jones has actually had the best camp of that group of tweener vets, but I still don't see him making the club.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ahh... makes sense. Jones has actually had the best camp of that group of tweener vets, but I still don't see him making the club.

It sounds like the Wild like Jones, based on what I've heard. I can see him making it as the 13th guy, I think they'd prefer to have Ohgren and Clarke in the AHL, but who knows.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Who are the 30 guys still here?

Boldy
Clarke
Eriksson Ek
Foligno
Gaudreau

Hartman
Johansson
Jones
Kaprizov
Khusnutdinov

Lauko
Milne(?)
Ohgren
Rossi
Trenin

Zuccarello

Bogosian
Brodin
Chisholm
Faber

Hunt
Merrill
Middleton
Spurgeon

Fleury
Gustavsson
Wallstedt

That's only 27, who am I missing?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hello Wild fans! I'm curious. Do you think Faber can hit 60 points this year?
I think he's more likely to end up with 40 than 60. He's a defense-first player. If he plays top PP again, he'll probably end up around where he was last year, but his offensive skillset is based on competence and vision more than it is on an amazing shooting or passing ability. He's like Brodin, if Brodin had learned to ever activate to offense.'

Do keep in mind though, last year I had him pegged as a 20 point, 2nd-3rd pairing defenseman in his rookie year, so I've already been incredibly wrong about him in the past.

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
If there was a year for him to do it, this would be a pretty good one, Kap and JEE in their prime with Boldy starting to really take off makes for a very strong PP. The secondary scoring should theoretically be better this season, but that is where I see the challenge for him to get there. He looked really impactful in his only pre-season game so far, I wouldn't be shocked if he hit 60, but I don't think its the most likely outcome without another Spurgeon injury.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
It seems to be just about certain that Jones will be the 13th forward, Öhgren starts in Iowa, which is probably the best way to do it, and I imagine Öhgren is the first call up.

It'll be interesting to see if Iowa isn't a dumpster fire this year, though if their plan is to carry Wallstedt on the NHL roster, the expectations aren't high.
You found it! Very nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad