Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If the Bruins made Geekie available I would bet a lot of teams would come calling. 26 year old versatile forward with size who has improved his stats every year putting up 39 points last year. He’s worth a good amount more than the 2m he’s making and is still a RFA after this season.
Fair.

Geekie + 3rd to the Penguins for Glass.

Seems like a Dubas move lately :laugh:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
which is why i suspect he might also be ok with a short term deal for a year or two as a prove it. This way he can cash in. Bruins would obviously not want this.

So if i were swayman i would be on with either two options. Sign 1 or 2 year deal for 5-6m in order to prove it and then cash in. Or option two get your 8x8 contract.

Bruins really want term but at low cost bc Swayman is an RFA and he has sonly split duties in the past not been the full time guy.

So this isnt going to be an easy negotiation.

Seayman also has option to sign the tender this year and then really force the issue next year.

So this is a really tough negotiation.

I am more interested in this as it could have some effect on Shestys next contract as it would be another data point for a high end goalie, albeit one with more asterisks than saros, sorokin and helly.
Binnington got 4mx2 bridge after his cup. Swayman has more gp then what binnington had but his time was split with ullmark and he doesn’t have a cup run.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I blame Sheshterkin.
I blame the bonus laden contracts to Bergeron and Krecji from 2 seasons ago. If not for last yrs cap squeeze caused by those overages Bruins probably get him signed to a multi year bridge last year. Instead they end up with a 1 yr arbitration settlement and find themselves where they are today

Reactions: Weltschmerz

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
How bout now ?

Pasta, Marchand and McAvoy all signed their big deals later in the offseason than this. Sweeney, even more than most GMs, tends to get all his work done when there are pressing dates involved to get the motivation for both sides going. Start of training camp, draft, TDL, etc.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Swayman at 10 millions long term... Do it Boston, do it...

LooooooooooooooL

What dangle isn't considering is that all those guys were workhorse at one time or another. Swayman might be, but as of now, he's a guy who starts about 40ish games.

Also what kind of logic is that? These guys beat the leafs so they are worth 10mil? The team has one playoff round under their belt in the last 20 years.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Still not worried. This media posturing is what happens with every big player negotiation just before the deal gets done. Both sides trying to squeeze our every last dollar.
Still not worried
Pasta, Marchand and McAvoy all signed their big deals later in the offseason than this. Sweeney, even more than most GMs, tends to get all his work done when there are pressing dates involved to get the motivation for both sides going. Start of training camp, draft, TDL, etc.
Damn, respect

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
it just seems insane that the fight is at this range still. I fully agree it being a negotiation tactic but this negotiation should have started day 1. Right now the negotiation should be between the 7-8.5 range, not swayman still asking for 10.

Negotiations change quickly but if the report is true then being this far apart at the end of august is a bit concerning.

His agent is a complete shark. Has had a number of complicated negotiations unfold in recent years with other clients

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I am completely losing my mind. The idea thay we traded Ullmark away before this deal is done still doesn't sit well with me. Especially considering how bad of a return the Ully deal was.

If the reports are true that he is asking for 10+ mil, then I say move on. No goalie is worth that. Goalies are f***ing voodoo.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Still not worried. This media posturing is what happens with every big player negotiation just before the deal gets done. Both sides trying to squeeze our every last dollar.
Added. Not worried and I think it'll be a chunk under 10... It'll happen. Two weeks into training camp I'll be worried.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

Maybe the $10M ask is true.

“If you were to ask me that question a year ago, I would answer truthfully and say “it’s scary, it’s a lot of resentment towards people that want you to succeed. And when you’re not being compensated for your endless efforts…it’s a nerve racking feeling, because it’s your family you’re fighting for.””

“The answer I’m gonna give you this year, is that I’ve educated myself, and I understand the business side of it all. It’s given me a complete new mindset of understanding the business and how to react to it. I understand the cap is going up and where it will be in years. I understand my comparables and how I can’t ruin the goalie market for guys that are gonna be in my shoes down the line”.

“I went to the school of business for the university of Maine, and I love the business side of it all.”

Reactions: BluesyShoes

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Gotta love Sway. Love that he's taking the business side seriously and seemingly taking the Bruins to the mattresses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad