The Bluth Company Discussion Thread Part 8 | Divisional Finals | NHL 15 Sign-up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
If I get 15, it'll be on 360. There's zero point in getting it on the One. It feels absolutely ****** though to pay $60 for a totally half-assed roster update on the 360 version.

I'm now looking into Madden just so I have something to play on the One.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
So long fellas. I'll be taking a year off from NHL games. Hopefully I see you guys in '16!

:stars are available

I'll be on FIFA, Madden, 2K and GTA when they come out on the ONE.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
So long fellas. I'll be taking a year off from NHL games. Hopefully I see you guys in '16!

:stars are available

I'll be on FIFA, Madden, 2K and GTA when they come out on the ONE.

How's Madden going nowadays? I haven't bought a game in 3 years and have never played it online, but given the horrific NHL game forthcoming, I think it's time to branch out.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
If I get 15, it'll be on 360. There's zero point in getting it on the One. It feels absolutely ****** though to pay $60 for a totally half-assed roster update on the 360 version.

I'm now looking into Madden just so I have something to play on the One.

If you want something to play on the One get Destiny, you might as well pick it up as well when you get 15.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
If you want something to play on the One get Destiny, you might as well pick it up as well when you get 15.

It looks like Halo, and I HATED Halo. I really only like sports games and GTA, although the latter is mainly for the purpose of blowing stuff up.

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
It looks like Halo, and I HATED Halo. I really only like sports games and GTA, although the latter is mainly for the purpose of blowing stuff up.

Did you play the beta? It doesn't really feel like Halo to me, I mean some things remind me of it but on the most part it plays completely different.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
How's Madden going nowadays? I haven't bought a game in 3 years and have never played it online, but given the horrific NHL game forthcoming, I think it's time to branch out.

Connected Careers is an awesome GMC-like product. Honestly, it's way better than GMC. Fantasy drafts, etc. EA rushed Madden 25 out on the ONE, so I didn't like the gameplay, but I loved it on the 360.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well, that's 400 bucks that I won't have to worry about spending on a Bone.

(I wanted a PS4 anyway).

Anyone with good HDTV recommendations?

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Did you play the beta? It doesn't really feel like Halo to me, I mean some things remind me of it but on the most part it plays completely different.

Never played it, but it just didn't look interesting to me. I've never been into shooter games, whether it's Halo or COD or whatever.

Connected Careers is an awesome GMC-like product. Honestly, it's way better than GMC. Fantasy drafts, etc. EA rushed Madden 25 out on the ONE, so I didn't like the gameplay, but I loved it on the 360.

Upon reading about Connected Franchise, it sounds pretty sweet, way better than GMC.

So who wants to start a madden league on Xbox1? :))

I might actually be up for this if you're serious, Madden is looking miles better than NHL. I have very low hopes for GMC on 360 NHL 15 since EA is seemingly admitting that they're ignoring the mode. I just imagine servers and connectivity to games getting worse and worse throughout the year, and the connection wasn't even that good at its peak this year.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Well, that's 400 bucks that I won't have to worry about spending on a Bone.

(I wanted a PS4 anyway).

Anyone with good HDTV recommendations?

For what it's worth, I have a 22" Philips HDTV that I got a couple years ago on a pretty good deal at Target (something like $140, was on a college-aged budget). For a tv that's pretty cheap, I haven't had a single problem with it, so I'd imagine that bigger and/or more expensive models would be solid too.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I own two Samsungs. I prefer them to Sony at this point. I got a 40 inch on a decent sale at Target last year. (I wouldn't need bigger at my place). My cousin, who works in the sports production industry, speaks highly of Vizio as a value buy--not quite the quality of Samsung/Sony, but not near the brand markup either.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I'm actually getting really behind the idea of a league on Madden 15. I have no idea what kind of forum or social media it would need to be on, who would run a league, or how their leagues work, but I'm liking what I'm reading about it.

l Bruins l

Jan 13, 2014
Brockton MA
I own two Samsungs. I prefer them to Sony at this point. I got a 40 inch on a decent sale at Target last year. (I wouldn't need bigger at my place). My cousin, who works in the sports production industry, speaks highly of Vizio as a value buy--not quite the quality of Samsung/Sony, but not near the brand markup either.
I have a 60 in Sony, 48 in viore, and 40 in Samsung with our issues, all descent brands.

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
I'll buy the game and set something up as far as Madden.
I don't want to clutter the Bluth thread, but keep in contact through PM those who are interested and we'll get it going. Maybe on here, maybe through a chatzy and separate website.

Still thinking over the options for NHL 15.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
So long Bluth. I'll be playing online versus and Be a GM on the XB1 since I can't go a full year with no NHL at all. Also playing FIFA and Destiny.

You shall be missed! Hopefully someone treats the Habs right.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
So, what do you guys think? Do we have enough people (and enough potential future GMs) to do another year of GMC?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad