The Bluth Company Discussion Thread Part 8 | Divisional Finals | NHL 15 Sign-up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

noexult

Oct 24, 2011
Oslo
Hope we do...we should be close at least. Try and fill it up now before the game comes out...

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Alright, we will do a restart of the spreadsheet (since some who couldn't play for the One can and some who could can't) and people can just resubmit their top 3 for their preferences.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
It is really hard to say at this point, but honestly, if guys like dbridge and Sambo are on the fence, then it doesn't bode well.

I want to think otherwise, but I think the mode will take a step back this year. EA clearly has no interest in making it viable, and it will be most directly affected by the multi-platform launch.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I'll definitely be in for a Madden league, and I'm not good at it either. No more are the days of attempting to rebuild and accidentally winning the Stanley Cup. I'd also like to see how quickly seasons move in Madden with 16 game seasons.

I really am on the fence about NHL 15. At this point, I'd probably be a late addition around Thanksgiving or Christmas, I'd like to see how the game is holding up by that time. If GMC proves unsustainable on the last gen consoles, then I might go for next gen just to have cool graphics and intros while playing HUT.

Side note, I guess I'll prematurely get the ball rolling on the team preferences:
Bears/Chargers (undecided on who I prefer)
Raiders/Rams/Jaguars (basically a crappy team who could feasibly move since relocation is apparently a thing in Maddens version of GMC)

B HOPPS

Dec 9, 2012
So i hear that ea is ****ing stupid and didnt add eashl to nhl 15 on new consoles, i may just end up getting NHL 15 for 360 and stay in bluth, just wondering what teams are available ?

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
I'm in for sure if were doing a GMC on the 360.

I'm sure now that the news is public A LOT of people are going to stick with their 360's and just buy it for that .

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
kind of regretting buying the One tbh. this league was great.

although FIFA 14 is, and the new version of NHL will be, awesome, I'll miss the community of GMC/Bluth

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Well, at least Rammer and co. managed to divert energy and dollars from one EA franchise to another... :laugh:

Houston Texas--someone trade me Manziel. I'll rebuild.

Oh. Wait. I don't have an XboxOne.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Yes for Madden. I would be willing to commish a league if ArGar didn't want to. I could find a site to host a thread.

Cowboys for me, even though we suck. although if we did fantasy draft, it wouldn't matter too much.

Also, relocation is just in single player connected careers, as far as I remember from 25.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Oh yeah, Madden would be on the One.

Hmm, that complicates things a bit for me.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Oh yeah, Madden would be on the One.

Hmm, that complicates things a bit for me.

Get the One. Get the One. Get the One.

The good thing is that even if our league isn't full, the AI is not an idiot, and won't do stupid things to ruin their roster.

Also, if anyone currently has FIFA on the One and wants to join my pro club, do so.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
To be honest, after the initial announcement, I thought that the exclusion of GMC from the next-gen consoles might give the mode new life. After reading EA's explanation, I can't really see that anymore. There is no way that they are going to support the mode, which means it will continue to be hampered by debilitating crashes and core problems (salary cap, disappearing players, etc.)

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Get the One. Get the One. Get the One.

The good thing is that even if our league isn't full, the AI is not an idiot, and won't do stupid things to ruin their roster.

Dude, I need a bigger TV, and I don't think I should be taking an $800 dip into my savings for gaming. :laugh:

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
Well forget being a bad team if I can't move them. I guess Bears/Chargers, and...Seahawks? Really don't know on a 3rd team.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Well forget being a bad team if I can't move them. I guess Bears/Chargers, and...Seahawks? Really don't know on a 3rd team.

Also; CPU trades are hard to pull off, so we can leave them on knowing that someone isn't going to fleece a CPU.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
For a Potential Madden League

First off, with the absence of GMC this year I'm all in with potential Connected Careers league. I strongly believe if we do this we need to keep it here on HF, as challenging as it will be to find Madden'ers on a hockey site, I'm sure with the absence of GMC that plenty of gamers will be looking for outlets to execute their virtual GM desires and may jump on board. I also believe that we should utilize Connected Careers incredible fantasy draft tool in order to make the league fair. Unlike the NHL, where difference in team ratings is slim, the NFL has vast differences in skill. It wouldn't be fair for someone to get DEN and for someone to be stuck with the Jags. So as long as those needs are met you can count me all in!

So where would we host this thing? EA NHL forums or the football forum on page 2?

Dibs on the Brownies!

EDIT: I suck at Madden too!

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
I looks like me and D-bridge have similar team preference in madden!

Chargers/Seahawks/Packers

At one time I was halfway decent at Madden, Now probably not so much! Someone gave me Madden 25 on 360 and it rarely got use. (about 4 or 5 games against friends)

I think the last one before that I owned was Madden 08/Madden 09.

Would be Interesting to see how all us "nhl experts" fair in a different game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad