OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Wow, the new Unleash the​ Archers album is a masterpiece. Better with every listen, they blew their previous work out of the water with this one. Frontrunner for album of the year and it's unlikely anybody is going to knock them off that podium.

[Yt]yHUF9keLteI[/MEDIA]

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I love it when I go to a concert with my daughter that I expect to be pop with a little rock, and the band rocks the **** out of the place!

Happened recently with Icon For Hire, and again Friday night with Knee High Fox.

:yo: :yo: :yo:

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Wow, the new Unleash the​ Archers album is a masterpiece. Better with every listen, they blew their previous work out of the water with this one. Frontrunner for album of the year and it's unlikely anybody is going to knock them off that podium.

[Yt]yHUF9keLteI[/MEDIA]

I'm not a big metal person, but after 24 hours of work since Saturday morning decided to give it a go as a bit of a kick in the pants - actually pretty good stuff

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I love it when I go to a concert with my daughter that I expect to be pop with a little rock, and the band rocks the **** out of the place!

Happened recently with Icon For Hire, and again Friday night with Knee High Fox.

:yo: :yo: :yo:

Hmm. I listened to a couple of songs by Icon For Hire since I think I've heard the name before. They've clearly made some decisions regarding their style to separate from the cookie cutter alt rock mold, but I can only say I liked the electronic music elements. Meanwhile, the vocalist had a couple things going on that I didn't really care for, although she sounded fine for the most part.

These of course are things you don't really care about at a live show and they seem like they would put on a pretty good show! Glad you had a good time!

There's something about the crinkle cut that helps absorb the msg and melted cheese better than other fries

Yeah, it's because crinkle cut fries are mush and mush absorbs better.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Home make triple cooked fries for the crunchiest fries. Look up hestons triple cooked fries.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah, it's because crinkle cut fries are mush and mush absorbs better.

And I do get what you're saying and I know there are types of food that work with crinkle cut fries. The problem I have there is, if you want potatoes to be mush, there's no need to deep-fry them.

Oh, and fries are bad for you mmmkay, never eat fries, ever.

Home make triple cooked fries for the crunchiest fries. Look up hestons triple cooked fries.

That Heston sure can cook food.

Frying at home is the devil.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

[Yt]yHUF9keLteI[/MEDIA]

Unleash the Archers is good stuff. :thumbu:
Hope to see them live, in concert.

Had a look a this Icon For Hire business. It's not for me.

Yeah, like I said, they were like a totally different band in concert.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Unleash the Archers is good stuff. :thumbu:
Hope to see them live, in concert.

I got to see them at ProgPower, they killed. Hopefully they'll do a proper North American tour around Apex, they're Canadian so it shouldn't be too hard.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
So our hamster died last night. My son took it rather hard. First time he has really had to deal with death. And the timing is rough on him, as we are moving in a few weeks, and he is having to say goodbye to all his friends and teachers...compounded sadness, and he could not stop crying for like 2 hours.

The timing is bad for the kid, but fortuitous for us, as now we do not have to give a pet that is about to die to some other kid. She was a bit over 2.5 years old, and dwarf hamsters generally live 1.5-2 years. I was afraid of giving her away and having her die just after some other kid gets attached. Plus we have already dealt with a cat and a dog that we had to give away to move here, that have died since. Not sure how the guinea pig we gave away is doing...but we did not have that thing long.

Anyhow, very little is more heartbreaking than a kid dealing with the death of a pet.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I eat potatoes by boiling them, putting some salt on top and eating them by themselves just like that.
Is that weird? I find them very delicious that way, and without all the fats that come with fries.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I eat potatoes by boiling them, putting some salt on top and eating them by themselves just like that.
Is that weird? I find them very delicious that way, and without all the fats that come with fries.

New potatoes are fine on their own, others not so much.

I usually do baked potatoes or wedges to avoid all that fat. Plus they're super easy to make.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
New potatoes are fine on their own, others not so much.

I usually do baked potatoes or wedges to avoid all that fat. Plus they're super easy to make.

Yeah, agreed 100%.

I pretty much always make wedges. Rare occasions I ( well tbh my girlfriend) make mashed potatoes, works with fish and game.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
So our hamster died last night. My son took it rather hard. First time he has really had to deal with death. And the timing is rough on him, as we are moving in a few weeks, and he is having to say goodbye to all his friends and teachers...compounded sadness, and he could not stop crying for like 2 hours.

The timing is bad for the kid, but fortuitous for us, as now we do not have to give a pet that is about to die to some other kid. She was a bit over 2.5 years old, and dwarf hamsters generally live 1.5-2 years. I was afraid of giving her away and having her die just after some other kid gets attached. Plus we have already dealt with a cat and a dog that we had to give away to move here, that have died since. Not sure how the guinea pig we gave away is doing...but we did not have that thing long.

Anyhow, very little is more heartbreaking than a kid dealing with the death of a pet.

Some of my worst childhood memories are when pets died. I was the first one in our family to find our cat after she had been run over by a car when I was 10. I cried for a few hours at least. Losing a pet is always a tough affair.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Some of my worst childhood memories are when pets died. I was the first one in our family to find our cat after she had been run over by a car when I was 10. I cried for a few hours at least. Losing a pet is always a tough affair.

That happened to me, too. I was younger than 10, though. 5 or 6. Our cat, Smokey, was run over in front of our house, which also served as the bus stop. One kid in particular was laughing about it, making hurtful comments. I ran up the street and started kicking the crap out of his dog. In a 6-year-old's mind, that was justice...

In the middle of nowhere Maine for 5 days... this week will be fun. :help:

Reckon we'll be reading about you in a Stephen King novel soon...

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
In the middle of nowhere Maine for 5 days... this week will be fun. :help:

What could you possibly be doing in Maine? :laugh:

Telluride Bluegrass this week! I'm ****ing excited. Heading there tomorrow until Sunday. :yo:

Also this. The War on Drugs new album is going to be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad