OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
This is going to be the beginning of a very busy week for me. Working a full day of overtime this weekend for the big annual sale, then starting Sunday I have 4 concerts in 7 days. Sabaton, Amon Amarth, Xandria, and Sirenia. I'm​ going to be absolutely exhausted by the end, probably going to need to burn some vacation.

I like Sabaton. Never heard Sirenia.

Anyone going to the Metallica stadium show this summer?

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Sirenia is good, but they change their female vocalist too often, IMO.

I like Sabaton, too, but I always feel like pillaging the Turks after listening to them.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Sirenia is good, but they change their female vocalist too often, IMO.

I like Sabaton, too, but I always feel like pillaging the Turks after listening to them.

That's what makes them so awesome!

Xandria I may have to skip, we'll see if I can get the time off work. I've seen them before, but this will be their first headlining run.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A serious question, why are the good girls always taken?

Madeon is amazing, he broke out when he was 16 or something crazy like that.

I haven't heard of Madeon until that song, but I love it. Crazy that he hit the scene at 16, seems he had the passion. Probably on my millionth listen.

I am also loving Above and Beyond (especially If I Could Fly), Martin Garrix, and BT.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
This is going to be the beginning of a very busy week for me. Working a full day of overtime this weekend for the big annual sale, then starting Sunday I have 4 concerts in 7 days. Sabaton, Amon Amarth, Xandria, and Sirenia. I'm​ going to be absolutely exhausted by the end, probably going to need to burn some vacation.

Never heard of any of those bands.. :laugh:

billybobjoe2112

Feb 2, 2010
Prince George B.C.
I like Sabaton. Never heard Sirenia.

Anyone going to the Metallica stadium show this summer?

I'll be seeing Metallica in Edmonton August 16th. In the worst seats possible, furthest section away from the stage, row 78.

I would've seen Sabaton in Vancouver last weekend, but I had a wedding on Saturday. :rant:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Where does one see those bands?

There are a number of good venues in Denver for metal. Depending on how big the band is, it can be a tiny place like the Marquis in LoDo, or a small to medium size venue like the Bluebird, the Gothic or the Summit.

Denver tends to be a big place for tours to come. The next closest major city is Salt Lake, so everybody comes through here and I've met people at shows who come from Wyoming and Kansas. Metalheads are a loyal breed. :laugh:

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There are a number of good venues in Denver for metal. Depending on how big the band is, it can be a tiny place like the Marquis in LoDo, or a small to medium size venue like the Bluebird, the Gothic or the Summit.

Denver tends to be a big place for tours to come. The next closest major city is Salt Lake, so everybody comes through here and I've met people at shows who come from Wyoming and Kansas. Metalheads are a loyal breed. :laugh:

I have been to all those venues believe it or not. :laugh:

Tours are hit and miss here, some don't want to take the day off to get to/from here. They'll eventually come but maybe not every tour.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Kinda wish I could retire and open a 3rd concert venue in Colorado Springs (like Black Sheep and Sunshine Studios).
Not enough rock bands come through, though, to do rock shows every night.
That's why those 2 places have to have hip hop, blues, etc...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I have a few friends in metal band in the area... the whole front range is a treasure trove from the Springs to Cheyenne. Casket Huffer is band I highly recommend checking out in the area if you like death metal... especially if you like a little sludge in your death.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Kinda wish I could retire and open a 3rd concert venue in Colorado Springs (like Black Sheep and Sunshine Studios).
Not enough rock bands come through, though, to do rock shows every night.
That's why those 2 places have to have hip hop, blues, etc...

There's nothing wrong with Hip Hop or Blues!

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The summer festival in my new hometown has Danko Jones and Marilyn Manson on day 1. I get the picture Marilyn Manson is really **** live these days.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Is rock and heavy metal really the most prevalent on these boards? Every time i come in hear it's metal, metal, metal :laugh:

Yeah, it's kind if surprising to me too. I've decided it's a hockey player thing, but I don't really know.

Anybody heard of All Them Witches? They are pretty good....kind of a mix between Led Zeppelin and the Doors.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I listen to rap too. It's almost all men, does anyone really listen to anything else?

Safe for people who listen to electronic music when not at a night club, for which there is no reason.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Electronic music is really the only general style I'd say I don't listen to. There are a lot of subgenres that I dislike. For instance, I despise bro-country like Florida Georgia Line, but I love country like Sturgill Simpson.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I have a few friends in metal band in the area... the whole front range is a treasure trove from the Springs to Cheyenne. Casket Huffer is band I highly recommend checking out in the area if you like death metal... especially if you like a little sludge in your death.

I tend to go more for power/traditional and thrash. Local bands I'm into are Cellador, Vacant Throne, Arise in Chaos and Havok.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I listen to rap too. It's almost all men, does anyone really listen to anything else?

Safe for people who listen to electronic music when not at a night club, for which there is no reason.

I think it's more just how much metal is discussed compared to other genres.

Completely disagree with you here. I love house and trance when not at a concert (NOT raves). Not sure about Finland, but EDM is consistently growing and has always been big in CO.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think it's more just how much metal is discussed compared to other genres.

Completely disagree with you here. I love house and trance when not at a concert (NOT raves). Not sure about Finland, but EDM is consistently growing and has always been big in CO.

I'm sure it's growing but I'm not there to see it grow.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The Icon For Hire concert I went to last Friday had a little electronic recordings in it.
I guess in very small doses it's okay.
(I'm guessing that counts as EDM? I posted a video in the thread, if someone wants to check it out and confirm whether or not that's actually EDM...post 409)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad