OT: The Avalounge: Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I seriously think you're a 12 yo girl sometimes, just like @jwk

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
K-pop's use of English phrases is so odd to me. Just seems very different than most pop music in other countries.

Probably has something to to with its increasing popularity here in the West.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Has anyone here ever read any of the books from The Kingkiller Chronicle? I just started The Name of the Wind a few days ago, and it's taking a bit of patience on my part to really be pulled into the world.

I'm planning on reading either The Dark Tower series or The Dresden Files series once I'm done with The Kingkiller Chronicle - anyone have any recommendations one way or the other?

The Kingkiller Chronicle is amazing, but frustrating, in that it's one of the most beautiful, lush pieces of fantasy fiction I've ever read, but the author has been dragging his heels for years on finishing the series. I'm starting to think he has no idea how. But the writing itself is magical.

The Dark Tower and Dresden Files are two of my favorite things ever. Honestly, it depends on what you want. The Dark Tower is a sprawling, surrealist epic that is grim, violent, and tragic. The Dresden Files are a cinematic, fantastical urban fantasy series that offers intense action and suspense with a twist of surprising humor. You can't go wrong with either, but it depends on what you're in the mood for.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
K-pop's use of English phrases is so odd to me. Just seems very different than most pop music in other countries.

Probably has something to to with its increasing popularity here in the West.
Most of the time it's not really even that relevant to the song in general.

The reason english phrases are in there is because K-pop is really for 13 year old girls in SE Asia and the United States, and they can all learn and understand english hooks.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

NOOOOOOOOOOO

This one was always playing during StarCraft Brood War tournaments in Korea (when I followed that scene actively). Was fitting, because the girls pretty much say GG (at least that's what I hear) and a match just had ended.

Enjoy people.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Most of the time it's not really even that relevant to the song in general.

The reason english phrases are in there is because K-pop is really for 13 year old girls in SE Asia and the United States, and they can all learn and understand english hooks.

I'm no language expert at all, but it certainly sounds funny when there are pretty clear English words in anime series. Just add "u" at the end of the word and you have made Japanese out of English.

Mineralu watteru. Well, maybe they just take words into their language from English by doing that. But there is a lot of that going on in Japanese.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
You like stuff that's just as bad as Seph.

At least stuff like 손가인 is somewhat marketed to adults. I guess you're not old enough for that!

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

At least stuff like 손가인 is somewhat marketed to adults. I guess you're not old enough for that!

Her discography is great, but her performances are so cringey, she and 씨엘 try too hard to look sexy.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
The thread title seems really fitting all of a sudden.

giphy.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I can't imagine spending that much on headphones... I guess I'm a cheapass. :nod:

I generally don't spend money like that on things but this was worth it. It's one thing I use literally every day. Plus they're wireless. I know you can get cheaper wireless headphones but I love mine. No wires at the gym is a pure blessing. I spend an hour plus there every day. I can put them on while watching hockey games in bed and listen to the game without having the sound on the TV which irritates my fiancé while she's sleeping. They're comfortable as can be, sound quality is amazing. Great when I'm flying.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I can put them on while watching hockey games in bed and listen to the game without having the sound on the TV which irritates my fiancé while she's sleeping.

Hmm... I've solved this issue with something else, which is I don't talk to women but headphones could work! :sarcasm:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Just found out the new At the Drive in is out today!! and GOTG 2 is out

other than this horrid rain , thats a damn solid start to a Friday

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I seriously think you're a 12 yo girl sometimes, just like @jwk
13 years old thank you very much.

Girls Generation is awesome, you should listen to their song "I Got a Boy". It's an insane acid and LSD trip of a music video and song.

I gotta respectfully disagree, Oh My Girl is the best KPop group currently. However, Ice Cream Cake will go down as one of the best Kpop songs ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad