OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I have August smart locks on my doors (which I love) and have been thinking about expanding the whole idea. Next step would be thermostat and a vacuum.

I’m moving out of a home that I really started to automate well. The biggest problem is trying to find one program that matches all the different gadgets. I manage my devices from about 3 different apps but I probably just don’t know how to synchronize them all into one correctly.

I had one genie garage door compatible with an app. Was awesome because I tend to leave my garage door open a lot. Also was handy because I really stopped using my front door.....By far my best device was my water controller - I used rainmachine I think was the name of it....basically it downloaded the weather and adjusted my watering from 0-100% based on precipitation and temperatures. Major money saver. I’m going with an ecobee thermostat in my new house. Haven’t used it yet but I can let you know. Both water and thermostat - look at your local utilities for rebates. Water definitely paid itself off after one summer and I’d imagine thermostat does quickly too. We also have a Comcast security system with door and motion alarms. I have chimes set on all my doors which I really like. And I love being able to remotely set my alarm.

I’ve went down the road with a lot of these things and I can honestly say I don’t really find any of them worthless. When we move into a new home hopefully next month I’ll be putting every single one of these contraptions back into place.

One other nifty home trick I’ve found recently too - putting quick connects on all of my garden hose bibs. Living in this climate you’re always connecting and disconnecting hoses. 10 bucks on amazon and totally worth it. Best Buy I’ve made in a while.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
A 355ml can of worms or a 12 fl oz can or worms?
Unlike 'Merica, Canada is like a dude who is confused about his gender. Celsius for weather, Km/h for speed, but then randomly decides to use Imperial system for height, weight, and cooking, but petrol in litres. Like wut? :sarcasm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
An ecobee 3/4 is what I was looking at for my thermostat. I’ve read good things and i like the remote sensor idea as my place has hot and cold spots.

Did you use any hubs, or just connect with the various apps?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I don’t use a hub but I probably should. I just use all the apps. Some of them talk to each other already - the genie garage door talks to Comcast’s security system for example. And I know some cameras also talk to it as well.

The things you talked about with Ecobee are the exact reason that I’ve invested into it. The satellite things were the selling point for me.

To keep your costs down i always check out the versions of these things. Most of the upgrades they’re making to these things are not super price-worthy upgrades. I’ve also got a lot of alerts set up on slickdeals for more automation. Almost all of these automation products go on sale Black Friday and usually are best prices of the year. But that’s also the time they’re trying to clean out soon-to-be old versions of their product.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Now that I have time to sit down for this...

I do a few moves where I roll between the moves,
First, an upward stretch arms up above your head, palms together, arching the back reaching behind a little, it'll stretch the abdominals among others. Rolling into a forward bend from the standing position, touching your toes, hold for 10 seconds and repeat that for 2-4 minutes or something, with controlled breathing.

Then I do a cycle of warrior poses, one with hands above the head (this always stretches the lower abdomen as an add-on, also asks for some balance on most moves), second pose a standard warrior pose, third reaching down with one hand on the floor with the front leg, the other hand reaching for the ceiling. 20 seconds per pose three times, then switch sides. Surprisingly heavy on the legs.

Then I do the dancer pose for both legs for a while. Nice stretch + a challenge for myself at least, who has bad balance.

Then I do the downward facing dog, rolling into the upward facing dog and back for a while. Child's pose to counter the heavy back bend feels nice. I finish with the low lunge (hip flexor stretch) because that's a problem area. I mix in the mountain pose here and there for a second, it's calming and magically stretches the arm muscles.

There's this page yogajournal.com that I've found helpful with different moves, cause they have stuff sorted by types and benefits, so it's easy to look for stuff that could be helpful. Whatever you end up doing, don't be afraid to mix in stuff on the fly (like some different stretches) as you feel, since it's just you stretching so do what you want with it. Also, if you have problems with something, emphasize those moves. Those ones I do are good for balance and weight-lifting/sports mobility. Squatting for example is difficult with tight hips and that's common with people who lift and train other stuff...

Thanks, I'll check the website out. I was thinking of starting off with like youtube videos for beginners.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Why am I only just now discovering A Perfect Circle? With no Tool on Spotify, MJK's vocals have been available all this time and I had no clue. Stumbled on it in a Spotify radio mix.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Giving you some Swedish Death 'n' roll tunes.

Death 'n' roll is death metal music that incorporates hard rock inspired elements. One good example is the legendary Swedish band Entombed (one of the bands starting it all). I strongly prefer a more musical and humorous touch to death metal music, thus I listen to death 'n' roll but almost never death metal and black metal.

Entombed finally split with the musical genius Nicke Andersson and the really rough powerful singer LG Petrov going in totally different directions.

Musical genius Nicke Andersson being involved in a number of groups/projects with The Hellacopters probably the most famous one.

Singer LG Petrov started "Entombed A.D." with new members, he wanted the name "Entombed" but failed in court.

One of Nicke Anderssons many groups/projects is "Death Breath":

Death Breath - "Death Breath" (official music video), a fun/humorous video with some punk vibes as well.

LG Petrov may look like an alcoholic these days but after 25 years you still can't beat his powerful voice, he is a beast, playing in his own division (for this type of singing).

Very important details at 0:32, 2:35 and 4:12... at 0:32 he is stomping the Boss HM-2 pedal (invented 1983), the main secret behind the distinct Swedish death metal sound. 2:35 and 4:12 displaying a bottle of the great Swedish beer "Electric Nurse" and things starting going downhill.

Entombed A.D. "Dead Dawn". This is how death metal should be, humorous and fun, not serious.

Bonus track, the original Entombed - "Hollowman" (written 1993) a great example of "Death 'n' roll".

These songs sound awful if not played loud. ;-)

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Today when I woke up around 8:00 (8 AM) it was around -25 celsius (-13 Fahrenheit). It didn't stop me from cycling around two kilometers (1.24274 miles) to the university in a windy weather. The cycling road was mostly next to a lake.

I dislike cold.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I have now been adopted by the Japanese. Successful stealth infiltration as an American complete, moving onto phase 2 which is making myself too valuable to not come back.

Reactions: Murzu

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Today when I woke up around 8:00 (8 AM) it was around -25 celsius (-13 Fahrenheit). It didn't stop me from cycling around two kilometers (1.24274 miles) to the university in a windy weather. The cycling road was mostly next to a lake.

I dislike cold.

Did you just take this post to try and divert the conversation back to metrics?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
AirBnB just seems weird to me because I’m a germaphobe. How do you know the place you’re going to is clean? What if the owner has like 16 ferrets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad