OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Oh hotels are definitely disgusting but I’d guess that a random strangers house is worse in a lot of cases. Do you know that they even clean the sheets after every guest? At least the hotels bleach the sheets so hard that they practically scrape your skin.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
OK, I officially love Japan. The people are awesome, Tokyo is huge but not crowded like in the US and the culture is so welcoming. Everyone I spoke with was happy to meet me and try to converse in English. I received numerous gifts on the way out and plan to return.

It's a shame it is so far away, I'd move here in a heartbeat and start learning the language.

Also it is so affordable here. I'm staying in Ginza, the most expensive area. And dinner for three with rounds of food, drinks and other was $100. Great food. Cab rides are $10 for 10-15 minute hops. My hotel is $300 a night, but the same category would be $500+ in most cities in the US.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Oh hotels are definitely disgusting but I’d guess that a random strangers house is worse in a lot of cases. Do you know that they even clean the sheets after every guest? At least the hotels bleach the sheets so hard that they practically scrape your skin.
Just read reviews. It'll tell you everything you need to know. Most of the best rated AirBNB's are in expensive condo buildings and are full time AirBNB's. What that means is that the owner doesn't even live there and uses it as an investment. This is what I look for when I rent. In fact most times I've used AirBNB I actually met the cleaner that the owner has hired to clean after every guest to get the key in the first place.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, reviews tell you all you need to know on AirBNB... just don't skimp and go to the crappy places and you'll be fine.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I mean I do like free crack...
plumbers-crack-camouflage-13390397.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ok the debate is over, Qdoba >>>>>>>>>>
Illegal Petes Fish Tacos >>>>>>Yolandas>>>>>>>> Qdoba >>>>>>>>> Del Taco >>>>>>>>>> Taco Bell >>>>>>>>>>>Chipotle

OK, I officially love Japan. The people are awesome, Tokyo is huge but not crowded like in the US and the culture is so welcoming. Everyone I spoke with was happy to meet me and try to converse in English. I received numerous gifts on the way out and plan to return.

It's a shame it is so far away, I'd move here in a heartbeat and start learning the language.

Also it is so affordable here. I'm staying in Ginza, the most expensive area. And dinner for three with rounds of food, drinks and other was $100. Great food. Cab rides are $10 for 10-15 minute hops. My hotel is $300 a night, but the same category would be $500+ in most cities in the US.
I'm jelly. Have you had fresh water eel or whale yet? Both are amazing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Whale? How's whale?
I am not going to go into the whole whale fishing and that debate, but when I was travelling to Poland one year we went through Norway which allows whale hunting and meat. Well, we went to a sushi restaurant in Oslo that had whale and since I like trying new things I decided to get it. That and the animal is already dead so I rather let it not go to waste. Honestly, I was surprised because it doesn't really taste like fish, more like steak, like a wild gamey sort of steak that comes from the sea if that makes sense. I've seen some people compare it to elk or reindeer meat and since you're in Finland, have you had reindeer?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I am not going to go into the whole whale fishing and that debate, but when I was travelling to Poland one year we went through Norway which allows whale hunting and meat. Well, we went to a sushi restaurant in Oslo that had whale and since I like trying new things I decided to get it. That and the animal is already dead so I rather let it not go to waste. Honestly, I was surprised because it doesn't really taste like fish, more like steak, like a wild gamey sort of steak that comes from the sea if that makes sense. I've seen some people compare it to elk or reindeer meat and since you're in Finland, have you had reindeer?
Yeah, it's great.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Man I totally forgot about Illegal Pete's. Definitely miss that place, though people should see the insane amount of restaurants that pop up (and go down) in Lincoln. Frankly it's way too many for a town of this size but what can ya do.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC

Yeah, I really liked Asian culture as well. It's just so......different, but it seems to work out just as well or better than what we are used too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad