OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well not really because of hockey. True, that these Olympics seemed "meh", but I must admit I am really enjoying everything I've watched so far except of curling.

I mean Winter Olympics is more than hockey; Winter has half-pipe snowboarding, alpine skiing, cross-country skiing (my personal favourite), figure skating, luge, skeleton, and speed skating. Summer as Foppa said above has like running and swimming in ten different meter distances. It also has pointless sports such as boat-rowing (insanely athletic, but still useless). So it is more diverse, but it has a lot of rehashing garbage.
I know, Finns have participated in most winter sports over time and they've been much better there historically, but it's not even close with the diversity of sports. Half the sports at winter Olympics are on skis, the rest are on skates, snowboards and sleds. That's literally all the sports except curling. Then the summer Olympics have all the rest of the sports. Many of them are kind of dumb, but so is curling and bobsleigh and all that.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Anyone here a fan of Sons of Anarchy? I’m only about halfway through the series, and I’m absolutely hooked. This is right up there with my favorite shows. Unreal good.

I’ve spent approximately 10 hours of my weekend so far watching this show. I need some real hobbies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It took me to miss the Buffalo/avs game but I think I'm finally understanding my grammar class. I think it might be helpful as a teacher to be...LOL

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Anyone here a fan of Sons of Anarchy? I’m only about halfway through the series, and I’m absolutely hooked. This is right up there with my favorite shows. Unreal good.

I’ve spent approximately 10 hours of my weekend so far watching this show. I need some real hobbies.
It's one of the greatest shows I've ever watched. My fiancé and I actually sat right beside Kim Coates (Tig) at a Jays game in Toronto in September. Such an awesome dude.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario

Was one of my favourite shows of all time.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
What websites do you guys go to for passing time?

I’m starting to notice I only hit up about 5 or so websites on a regular basis. Unless I’m looking up banking info or DIY videos on YouTube, it’s pretty much HFBoards. my sim football league boards, The Athletic, and yahoo.com. Coming to the realization though that yahoo is probably one of the worst sites on the internet and I really need new material.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What websites do you guys go to for passing time?

I’m starting to notice I only hit up about 5 or so websites on a regular basis. Unless I’m looking up banking info or DIY videos on YouTube, it’s pretty much HFBoards. my sim football league boards, The Athletic, and yahoo.com. Coming to the realization though that yahoo is probably one of the worst sites on the internet and I really need new material.

Yahoo still exists? lol

I only have FB,Twitter and HF.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
It's one of the greatest shows I've ever watched. My fiancé and I actually sat right beside Kim Coates (Tig) at a Jays game in Toronto in September. Such an awesome dude.

That’s awesome! Goes to show how good of an actor he is to go from playing Tig to actually being a good guy in real life, haha.

Was one of my favourite shows of all time.

I have to ask you both - what do you watch to fill the Sons void? I’m nearly finished with season 4, and I’m already dreading the end of the series. I absolutely fell in love with the series a few episodes in, and I don’t want it to end.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That’s awesome! Goes to show how good of an actor he is to go from playing Tig to actually being a good guy in real life, haha.

I have to ask you both - what do you watch to fill the Sons void? I’m nearly finished with season 4, and I’m already dreading the end of the series. I absolutely fell in love with the series a few episodes in, and I don’t want it to end.
I assume you've seen Breaking Bad? If not that's the obvious one. It's better than SOA.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I assume you've seen Breaking Bad? If not that's the obvious one. It's better than SOA.
I have seen Breaking Bad, yeah. It was kind of my gateway show into super gritty crime dramas. Been a while since I’ve watched it all the way through, though.

Have you seen Better Call Saul? If so, would you say that’s a replacement show for now? At least until Mayans MC comes out.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have seen Breaking Bad, yeah. It was kind of my gateway show into super gritty crime dramas. Been a while since I’ve watched it all the way through, though.

Have you seen Better Call Saul? If so, would you say that’s a replacement show for now? At least until Mayans MC comes out.
I tried watching it but I didn't enjoy it enough to get hooked. Suits is a pretty good series to get hooked on.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I tried watching it but I didn't enjoy it enough to get hooked. Suits is a pretty good series to get hooked on.

Thanks, man! I’ll check out Suits eventually. I might want to watch SoA again immediately after finishing it, though, haha.

Have you seen The O.C.?

Lol yes, unfortunately. The entire thing, too. I tried to implement some Seth Cohen into my personality back in high school to “impress” a girl I was into. Didn’t quite work out how I expected it to.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

If you haven't watched Sopranos and/or The Wire, I totally recommend those two. You'll love those.

Better Call Saul is good too. Not as good as Breaking Bad but I've enjoyed it so far.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
If you haven't watched Sopranos and/or The Wire, I totally recommend those two. You'll love those.

Better Call Saul is good too. Not as good as Breaking Bad but I've enjoyed it so far.
I’m a huge fan of The Wire. I watched through the entire thing in a week a couple years back, haha. I’m pretty sure my daily routine back then consisted of watching at least 3 episodes every day.

I haven’t watched The Sopranos yet, but it’s really high up on my list. It’s a little daunting due to the number of episodes and the time commitment I would need to put toward it, but if it hooks me how SoA has, that shouldn’t be much of an issue.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I’m a huge fan of The Wire. I watched through the entire thing in a week a couple years back, haha. I’m pretty sure my daily routine back then consisted of watching at least 3 episodes every day.

I haven’t watched The Sopranos yet, but it’s really high up on my list. It’s a little daunting due to the number of episodes and the time commitment I would need to put toward it, but if it hooks me how SoA has, that shouldn’t be much of an issue.

Oh nice! I've watched The Wire twice and I think second time was even better than the first one.

You should definitely give Sopranos a chance. I think it's just as good as The Wire is. If I had to name my favorite series I could not decide which one it is. Sopranos has a lot of same strengths as The Wire does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad