OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I can read 10x faster than an audiobook can read to me. It just seems like an extremely poor use of my time if I'm going to be reading.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Whenever I start reading again it's always a slow go until I get used to it, which is frustrating at times.

Probably because I'm so used to quickly skimming articles and such vs actually reading in full.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
59 lbs DOWN now! I keep telling myself that I know I'm going to hit that wall, that plateau, but it keeps coming off...of course it helps that I'm at the gym every goddamn day for at least 35 minutes of the pre-programmed Weight Loss workout on an elliptical machine (I say "at least" because usually it's more, but there have been some days where I'm dead tired from that thing when I'm done).

I'm down 2 pant sizes (technically 3 because I can fit into the 3rd one down, but I'm not comfortable at all, lol). I did something stupid though and bought a whole bunch of new pants...gonna have to return them because I'm not seeing the point of getting these when I feel like it's going to be a matter of time before I'm in smaller sizes again.

Damn, it feels good. I get pissed at myself when I see pictures from even 7 months ago, when I was at my heaviest. I'd love to hit the 100 lb mark by the time 1-year rolls around...but I'm not quite sure it's possible yet. In the meantime I'm going to keep working, doing what I can to fit in a workout daily until I can get to my goal. From there we'll see what weekly workout routine I want to go with.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Good going Rock!

If you keep going at this rate, I'd suggest checking out second hand shops for some cheap (though usually still in good condition) clothes. You can wear them for a month or two until your ready to step down again and just sell them back and get another size. Think of it as a library for pants.

member 116861

59 lbs DOWN now! I keep telling myself that I know I'm going to hit that wall, that plateau, but it keeps coming off...of course it helps that I'm at the gym every goddamn day for at least 35 minutes of the pre-programmed Weight Loss workout on an elliptical machine (I say "at least" because usually it's more, but there have been some days where I'm dead tired from that thing when I'm done).

I'm down 2 pant sizes (technically 3 because I can fit into the 3rd one down, but I'm not comfortable at all, lol). I did something stupid though and bought a whole bunch of new pants...gonna have to return them because I'm not seeing the point of getting these when I feel like it's going to be a matter of time before I'm in smaller sizes again.

Damn, it feels good. I get pissed at myself when I see pictures from even 7 months ago, when I was at my heaviest. I'd love to hit the 100 lb mark by the time 1-year rolls around...but I'm not quite sure it's possible yet. In the meantime I'm going to keep working, doing what I can to fit in a workout daily until I can get to my goal. From there we'll see what weekly workout routine I want to go with.

Congrats bro, awesome to hear!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Good going Rock!

If you keep going at this rate, I'd suggest checking out second hand shops for some cheap (though usually still in good condition) clothes. You can wear them for a month or two until your ready to step down again and just sell them back and get another size. Think of it as a library for pants.

Thanks Ex-Pat!

I'm actually going to be returning quite a few of the pants I bought, because I took 1 pair of my current jeans over to the place that had been hemming them for me, and they can bring in the waist and taper the leg a bit (since I've lost weight there as well), for $22 a pair. Might seem a little high, but considering that most pants I buy I have to get hemmed anyway, I'm coming out a bit ahead. Plus I already know I like how my pants fit on me now, so it's a bonus.

As of today I've officially 58 lbs away from my target weight, 40 away from the 100 mark. I was telling some people today (who asked how it's been going), that I'm happy with my progress, even if there are parts of my body that still have to "catch up" to the rest of the weight loss.

I can't quite pinpoint where it all "clicked" for me that I need to do this. I know the ending of my engagement played a big role, but something else happened. I'm not sure what it was. I know that when I see pictures of myself back then and compare them to now, I'm reminded of a song by Joe Walsh called "One Day at a Time" where one of the lyrics is:

Well I finally got around to admit that I might have a problem
But I thought it was just too damn big of a mountain to climb.
Well I got down on my knees and said ‘Hey, I just can’t go on living this way'
Yes I have to learn to live my life one day at a time

There are days where it is hard, for sure. There have been days where I've looked at myself in the mirror, have seen what I believe are still imperfections on my body and I've thought exactly what that lyric says--that this is/was just too damn big of a mountain to climb. But I keep pushing, because I can (metaphorically) look back behind me and see how much I've climbed it so far.

Surprisingly--Super Bowl Sunday wasn't as bad for me (I think). Sure, I imbibed in some of the trademark food, had some great, and I mean GREAT buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips, my roommate's girlfriend made some amazing chocolate chip cookies (my weakness). But beyond having the dip, 4 cookies (spread out over the whole day), a chicken & swiss slider, that was it. It does seem like a lot, but compared to my roommate's plate, mine ended up being rather barren. I ate a little unhealthily for the first time in a month, and it was good to indulge just a little bit, and then yesterday and today it's been back on the wagon of eating healthy (err...healthier than I used to).

Reactions: expatriated_texan

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I get what you mean RL, sometimes something just snaps inside and you're like yeah, obviously this is something I should do, why didn't I do this sooner?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I get what you mean RL, sometimes something just snaps inside and you're like yeah, obviously this is something I should do, why didn't I do this sooner?

Yea, after I stopped playing I didn't work out or really exercise at all for like 7, 8 years. One day I just woke up and realized I should start working out and shit again instead of spending 100% of my free time on Xbox.

Reactions: Foppberg

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Bingo.

The girl I'm trying to date (yeah, we still talk, just about every day) were texting each other back and forth last Friday. She was telling me that she was really happy about the weight I've lost and asking how I felt about it all. I told her that I was going to be honest with her, and honestly overall I was happy, but there are days where I see an old photo, or I catch myself in the mirror still seeing that belly fat that's hanging on for dear life, and I start feeling some negativity creep in, usually in the form of "Why didn't I start doing this long ago?" One of my roommates has been my best friend for 22 years and he's tried like hell to get me to do this, but I think he gave up a few years ago (or rather he's recently said "I just realized you were going to have to come to this on your own, but I was going to still be your friend and love you no matter what").

Before I started all of this, I used to tell my brother and friends "I live how I live, and I'll die how I'll die", I just didn't care and my weight accurately reflected that. I was barreling down the path towards an early heart attack and possible death. All I know right now is that a change has been made, and I don't want to be one of those people who does all of this just to see it undone in another year.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Bingo.

The girl I'm trying to date (yeah, we still talk, just about every day) were texting each other back and forth last Friday. She was telling me that she was really happy about the weight I've lost and asking how I felt about it all. I told her that I was going to be honest with her, and honestly overall I was happy, but there are days where I see an old photo, or I catch myself in the mirror still seeing that belly fat that's hanging on for dear life, and I start feeling some negativity creep in, usually in the form of "Why didn't I start doing this long ago?" One of my roommates has been my best friend for 22 years and he's tried like hell to get me to do this, but I think he gave up a few years ago (or rather he's recently said "I just realized you were going to have to come to this on your own, but I was going to still be your friend and love you no matter what").

Before I started all of this, I used to tell my brother and friends "I live how I live, and I'll die how I'll die", I just didn't care and my weight accurately reflected that. I was barreling down the path towards an early heart attack and possible death. All I know right now is that a change has been made, and I don't want to be one of those people who does all of this just to see it undone in another year.

Routines are a hell of an addiction man. Once you establish those bad habits and they become a part of your daily life, it's a snowball effect until you finally snap out of it.

I can look back on photos in high school and be like holy shit, I used to leave the house like that what an absolute animal, and not in the good way :laugh:. Even people that I run into from HS that I haven't seen in years won't recognize me at first, which is always a plus in a way.

The roughest is always the beginning, because you're used to and comfortable with your daily routine even if it's a bad one, but once you establish that new healthier one, when you don't get to workout, or work on a project, or whatever it is, it bugs you.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Thanks Ex-Pat!

I'm actually going to be returning quite a few of the pants I bought, because I took 1 pair of my current jeans over to the place that had been hemming them for me, and they can bring in the waist and taper the leg a bit (since I've lost weight there as well), for $22 a pair. Might seem a little high, but considering that most pants I buy I have to get hemmed anyway, I'm coming out a bit ahead. Plus I already know I like how my pants fit on me now, so it's a bonus.

As of today I've officially 58 lbs away from my target weight, 40 away from the 100 mark. I was telling some people today (who asked how it's been going), that I'm happy with my progress, even if there are parts of my body that still have to "catch up" to the rest of the weight loss.

I can't quite pinpoint where it all "clicked" for me that I need to do this. I know the ending of my engagement played a big role, but something else happened. I'm not sure what it was. I know that when I see pictures of myself back then and compare them to now, I'm reminded of a song by Joe Walsh called "One Day at a Time" where one of the lyrics is:

There are days where it is hard, for sure. There have been days where I've looked at myself in the mirror, have seen what I believe are still imperfections on my body and I've thought exactly what that lyric says--that this is/was just too damn big of a mountain to climb. But I keep pushing, because I can (metaphorically) look back behind me and see how much I've climbed it so far.

Surprisingly--Super Bowl Sunday wasn't as bad for me (I think). Sure, I imbibed in some of the trademark food, had some great, and I mean GREAT buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips, my roommate's girlfriend made some amazing chocolate chip cookies (my weakness). But beyond having the dip, 4 cookies (spread out over the whole day), a chicken & swiss slider, that was it. It does seem like a lot, but compared to my roommate's plate, mine ended up being rather barren. I ate a little unhealthily for the first time in a month, and it was good to indulge just a little bit, and then yesterday and today it's been back on the wagon of eating healthy (err...healthier than I used to).

And you should be allowed to indulge ever so often. Definitely don’t beat yourself up for that (not that you are), just gotta work a little harder in the gym the next day. Proud of you buddy - keep up the good work!

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And you should be allowed to indulge ever so often. Definitely don’t beat yourself up for that (not that you are), just gotta work a little harder in the gym the next day. Proud of you buddy - keep up the good work!

I haven't really decided yet if I'm going to do "Cheat Days" every week or kind of do what I did for the SB Party, which was I knew for a while that I wasn't going to be eating healthy that day, so I steered clear of that stuff in January and in the lead up to Sunday. For the rest of the month my goal is indulge no more than 1 other time. So perhaps every month I give myself 1-2 days where I'm not as concerned with the caloric intake and whatnot.

I don't know, I'm still new to this and figuring out what works for me. All I know is that buffalo chicken dip was ridiculously good, and my roommate's girlfriend makes some bomb-ass chocolate chip cookies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
To me if I had an audiobook I would never pay attention.

Yeah, I can't learn or retain anything just by listening. What also sucks is I get distracted sooo incredibly easy. Case in point right now I should be studying for a midterm but I'm here. ARGH

Yea, after I stopped playing I didn't work out or really exercise at all for like 7, 8 years. One day I just woke up and realized I should start working out and **** again instead of spending 100% of my free time on Xbox.

Pretty much how I ended up back in school. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad