OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Shaved head is bad ass imo
latest

Credibility revoked until further notice.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Last night in the Finnish elite league, for the first time ever, a shot by a player named Kaapo (Kakko) was saved by a goaltender named Kaapo (Kähkönen). Caillou is called Kaapo in Finland. Coincidence?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I had the nacho fries from Taco Bell, it was very good.

Also got the steak quesadilla, which was basically grease quesadilla and it was bad.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I had the nacho fries from Taco Bell, it was very good.

Also got the steak quesadilla, which was basically grease quesadilla and it was bad.
Might as well just eat a Tide Pod if you hate your body that much.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Almost positive I have a trip to Tokyo coming up. Anyone been and have any must see or do recommendations? Probably will be solo traveling which I'm not the best with.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I saw Bad Grandpa over the weekend, how the hell did I miss a classic up until now? I almost died of laughing at the club scene.
Almost positive I have a trip to Tokyo coming up. Anyone been and have any must see or do recommendations? Probably will be solo traveling which I'm not the best with.
Vending Machines easily as Tweaky said.

Seriously though, check out some YouTube videos. There are ex-Pats who live on practically every continent now that make videos. One on Tokyo which I enjoyed watching is TokyoCooney (sole guy) which I believe I also recommended to @SoundwaveIsCharisma who went there on his honeymoon (or that was Mars, forgot which one). He has some good FYI videos on transportation and other advice(s). @AdamCalderHero also lived in Tokyo so he could tell you where to go in terms of attractions, but he doesn't post much.

Hostess bars and censored erotica whose lawfulness is unclear even as such.
Maid cafés bro.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Love the recommendations, maid cafe was something I had heard was big in Japan from a 'you really only find them there' standpoint. What's this about Vending Machines though? I'm on my work computer and not sure about 'gross af' links.

Any cultural sites I won't get in trouble visiting or any foreigner friendly areas I can navigate in English on my own without a native? Mainly worried I'll be stuck to the hotel greater area or waiting for a local to join me.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Love the recommendations, maid cafe was something I had heard was big in Japan from a 'you really only find them there' standpoint. What's this about Vending Machines though? I'm on my work computer and not sure about 'gross af' links.

Any cultural sites I won't get in trouble visiting or any foreigner friendly areas I can navigate in English on my own without a native? Mainly worried I'll be stuck to the hotel greater area or waiting for a local to join me.
Just search for Japanese vending machines and you'll get the point. Only the specific ones in the Wikipedia link are gross.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Just search for Japanese vending machines and you'll get the point. Only the specific ones in the Wikipedia link are gross.

Oh wow. That's intense, better get a translation app on my phone for those.

Any do's and don'ts for sake/sushi? I indulge in both quite a bit, should be fine with sake abroad but I'm wondering if sushi might be a bit different in Japan as opposed to possibly more Americanized here.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think mediocre films make me far angrier than outright bad ones. Just sat down and watched Neighbors 2 and, yeah, I should've known it was gonna suck because the first one wasn't that good either, but I figured it'd be worth a few laughs. It did indeed make me laugh a couple times, but mostly it was a huge waste of time. Thankfully it was only about an hour-and-a-half. DO NOT recommend unless you're really stoned and bored.

Also finally saw "Midnight in Paris" which had been floating around in the Netflix queue for years. Conflicted over seeing it because of the allegations against Woody Allen, but damn if it wasn't a really enjoyable film. I said to myself though, that's the last one unless I receive a free copy of Annie Hall within my lifetime.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think they actually originated in Canada. The “Boston” is just branding.
Yeah BP is Canadian.

BP is a huge sponsee of the Blue Jays and Rogers Centre. When the Red Sox are in Toronto the rolling ads behind home plate for Boston Pizza have a strikethrough slash through the word "Boston" and has "Toronto" written there instead. One of my favorite marketing gimmicks I've ever seen.

Reactions: Pokecheque

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think mediocre films make me far angrier than outright bad ones. Just sat down and watched Neighbors 2 and, yeah, I should've known it was gonna suck because the first one wasn't that good either, but I figured it'd be worth a few laughs. It did indeed make me laugh a couple times, but mostly it was a huge waste of time. Thankfully it was only about an hour-and-a-half. DO NOT recommend unless you're really stoned and bored.

Also finally saw "Midnight in Paris" which had been floating around in the Netflix queue for years. Conflicted over seeing it because of the allegations against Woody Allen, but damn if it wasn't a really enjoyable film. I said to myself though, that's the last one unless I receive a free copy of Annie Hall within my lifetime.

Beyond the allegations... the dude adopted his wife. He's a major creeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad