OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Current members
  • Eric A. 'A.K.' Knutson — vocals (1981–2001, 2002–present)
  • Michael Gilbert — guitar (1984–1999, 2010–present)
  • Michael Spencer — bass (1987–1988, 2013–present)
  • Steve Conley — guitar (2013–present)
  • Ken Mary — drums (2017–present)

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Been working out 3-4 days a week for a little over 3 weeks now, and it's 100% newbie gains, but it is a cool feeling to see changes to your body that you haven't seen, well ever. Not anything major at all, but little bulges in areas where there was nothing before.
Muscle roundness in the shoulders was what I noticed first a few years ago. Now I love working the trapezius, because they're the ultimate cosmetic muscles. :laugh:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Muscle roundness in the shoulders was what I noticed first a few years ago. Now I love working the trapezius, because they're the ultimate cosmetic muscles. :laugh:

Do you have any recommendations on workouts for that area? That's something that I've wanted to really try to get stronger/thicker, bit of a pencil neck :laugh:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Do you have any recommendations on workouts for that area? That's something that I've wanted to really try to get stronger/thicker, bit of a pencil neck :laugh:
Well, I do dumbbell shrugs (heavy weights, pretty long sets), but they're not important so I wouldn't worry about it. They catch secondary work and all.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Well, I do dumbbell shrugs (heavy weights, pretty long sets), but they're not important so I wouldn't worry about it. They catch secondary work and all.

A number of shrug exercises work the traps well. Also, upright rows, lateral raises, and even bent over rows work that area.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Anyone have a pelaton?

I’m going to start using one in about two weeks. Heard it becomes addicting so looking forward to that. I’m probably the most anti-cycling guy there is but thing sounds like one of the only methods to ever convince me to give it a shot. As long as I don’t have to wear any speedo pants, nut butter, and tap shoes out in public I’m good.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So, I have to write this critical analysis for Huck Finn... never wrote an a critical analysis on a novel before. Not even sure how one writes a paper like that. Any tips?

I'm about half way through the book... at first it's incredibly hard to read or get into but very entertaining.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So, I have to write this critical analysis for Huck Finn... never wrote an a critical analysis on a novel before. Not even sure how one writes a paper like that. Any tips?

I'm about half way through the book... at first it's incredibly hard to read or get into but very entertaining.
There's a Family Guy parody on it you could watch. And one in The Simpsons too. I haven't written anything like that ever. Do you know your point of view to the analysis yet or is it whatever?

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There's a Family Guy parody on it you could watch. And one in The Simpsons too. I haven't written anything like that ever. Do you know your point of view to the analysis yet or is it whatever?

i've watched that episode of Simpsons...loved it after a chapter into the book I watched the episode again. Simpsons is life.

Basically, I have to read any type of book that we cover in class and assess the writer(author) by using that piece of literature as reference. Talked to my prof today and he informed I can't to Huck Finn. Now I have read another book this weekend and write a paper in addition to studying for a midterm another paper while working 20 hours. Nice break but man that was fast loool.

Only worried about this paper really though.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
i've watched that episode of Simpsons...loved it after a chapter into the book I watched the episode again. Simpsons is life.

Basically, I have to read any type of book that we cover in class and assess the writer(author) by using that piece of literature as reference. Talked to my prof today and he informed I can't to Huck Finn. Now I have read another book this weekend and write a paper in addition to studying for a midterm another paper while working 20 hours. Nice break but man that was fast loool.

Only worried about this paper really though.
So what's this novel?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So what's this novel?

I've narrowed my decision down to "A street named desire", "From the souls of black folk", " Barn Burning" and "Babylon revisited"

Leaning towards Du bois' book "from the souls of black folk"

However, open to suggestions if anyone has read anything from the list that they really like.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Lyft rides are so interesting sometimes. My ride to Bake St. last night was driven by an old European guy who thought his automatic was a manual and who claimed to have been Forsberg's personal driver (said he tipped like crap).

My ride back from Blake St had the driver pick up two girls from a bar during my ride, both of whom loudly boasted about how they were going to screw this guy and that guy and how they were 22 years old but thought it was weird to screw a 20 year old. About 5 minutes into the ride they finally realized I was there. Actually, was pretty funny and all in the car had a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad