OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
My ride back from Blake St had the driver pick up two girls from a bar during my ride, both of whom loudly boasted about how they were going to screw this guy and that guy and how they were 22 years old but thought it was weird to screw a 20 year old. About 5 minutes into the ride they finally realized I was there. Actually, was pretty funny and all in the car had a good laugh.
Where did you guys have the foursome?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
eeeeeewww

Never include the lyft driver in the orgy.
What are you talking about? It's a classic rom-com story:

The driver, who is British, suspects the two girls are a regular riot. Everyone has a laugh, and it turns out the ride could in fact be free of charge. The situation complicates in a humorous fashion, when the characters are asked to complete unexpected tasks, which at first weren't agreed upon. In a hilarious turn of events, it is revealed the car has a security camera, which is detachable. Despite this, several camera angles are unfortunate. Finally, the driver arrives where he was not asked to arrive.

I am somewhat unsure of what a "rom-com" is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
What are you talking about? It's a classic rom-com story:

The driver, who is British, suspects the two girls are a regular riot. Everyone has a laugh, and it turns out the ride could in fact be free of charge. The situation complicates in a humorous fashion, when the characters are asked to complete unexpected tasks, which at first weren't agreed upon. In a hilarious turn of events, it is revealed the car has a security camera, which is detachable. Despite this, several camera angles are unfortunate. Finally, the driver arrives where he was not asked to arrive.

I am somewhat unsure of what a "rom-com" is.

I think I've seen the same movie as you have.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Personally, such utter unprofessionalism raised questions on whether this character was a licensed taxi driver at all, or whether his taxi was in fact fake, so to speak.

I don't know chief, I think we might be dealing with a fake driver here. Or drivers.. rumor says there might be both fake female and male chauffeurs out there.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Being an Uber driver definitely leads to a lot of weird situations and good stories. Just a few days ago I picked up three guys at 2AM who were so shitfaced they had given their previous driver the wrong address for their hotel. They actually needed to go to one about 15 miles away two towns over. Their political theories about US politics (they were from New Zealand) were interesting to say the least. I wish I could bypass the filters to give you all the full, colorful effect of what they said, but it was entertaining.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I hope Jeff Petry RTs my latest tweet, it's a good tweet.

Then again, he might be off social media for a while since his alum mater is shit

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm really getting to the point where I might just say f*** it and start shaving my head. I have more than enough left where I could make it work for at least quite a few years, but having a shaved head is so convenient.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm really getting to the point where I might just say **** it and start shaving my head. I have more than enough left where I could make it work for at least quite a few years, but having a shaved head is so convenient.

Shave your head AND go to gym? Don't end up looking like this fella:
p5ESI.jpg

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
@UncleRisto
What style of drumming are you liking at the moment/do you like? As you probably know I am a technical guy, so I am loving everything about this...

Currently I'm not getting any drumming in. My crappy e-kit only has a 3.5mm jack for headphones and I need to go find a longer cord or something. The headphones have a 2.5mm jack so that won't help. And in any case, I'd need to go shop downtown, and I haven't bothered, lol. I'm also thinking about finally flipping my kit from right to left-handed, which is some big old ordeal, which is why I've never done that. You need some kind of extension cords for that and I'd also need to flip some of the heads.

Anyway, to answer your question, I often just play the poppy cookie-cutter side of my musical tastes. I get much too little playing time in, and I suck at way too many things. :laugh: Not to mention my kit is big-time awful too. Really just a couple of times in my late teens/adult life I've played my palms bloody, you know, consecutive days, aiming to progress on songs... I don't really do enough of that. The last couple of times I played it was like RHCP, Garbage and Yellowcard and whatnot...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm really getting to the point where I might just say **** it and start shaving my head. I have more than enough left where I could make it work for at least quite a few years, but having a shaved head is so convenient.
Shaved head is bad ass imo
latest

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Saw Valerian yesterday and thought it was great movie being ruined by some awful acting such as the main dude (the chick was okay). The plot was also insanely predictable, but I don't think the movie suffered from that.
No idea, but I did hear somewhere in 2018, I saw some speculations that it could be summer.

Currently I'm not getting any drumming in. My crappy e-kit only has a 3.5mm jack for headphones and I need to go find a longer cord or something. The headphones have a 2.5mm jack so that won't help. And in any case, I'd need to go shop downtown, and I haven't bothered, lol. I'm also thinking about finally flipping my kit from right to left-handed, which is some big old ordeal, which is why I've never done that. You need some kind of extension cords for that and I'd also need to flip some of the heads.

Anyway, to answer your question, I often just play the poppy cookie-cutter side of my musical tastes. I get much too little playing time in, and I suck at way too many things. :laugh: Not to mention my kit is big-time awful too. Really just a couple of times in my late teens/adult life I've played my palms bloody, you know, consecutive days, aiming to progress on songs... I don't really do enough of that. The last couple of times I played it was like RHCP, Garbage and Yellowcard and whatnot...
Yellowcard? I thought you had better musical taste than that UR. :sarcasm: Yeah, you can always air drum with pencils. Right to left-handed, any reason why? Are you left-handed in real life?

Reactions: Murzu

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yellowcard? I thought you had better musical taste than that UR. :sarcasm: Yeah, you can always air drum with pencils. Right to left-handed, any reason why? Are you left-handed in real life?
Lol, I especially like how boring all of their music is.

Yeah, I'm a lefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad