OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just got an Iphone X. I'm pretty good with technology, but I've been using the typical "newest" Iphone since 2008 and I am completely struggling at life without a home button.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Just got an Iphone X. I'm pretty good with technology, but I've been using the typical "newest" Iphone since 2008 and I am completely struggling at life without a home button.

The no home button thing is going to be tough for me too... Not at all looking forward to that switch.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I don't mind no home button, the thing that bothers me is how often I accidentally screenshot stuff.

I literally managed to send someone a screenshot on a text message of our conversation by accident because of how easy it is. Couple wrong buttons and poof.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't know what's going on with other phones, but my old Sony has an on-screen home button that gives haptic feedback. I like it. Very happy with no physical button.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I have the LG G5 and it seems like every new phone is now massive, I much prefer the smaller 5 inch screens. So my next one might be the 6s strictly for it's size.

though I do love LGs back button and wide angle camera.

I agree. The 6S is a great size too, it’s bigger than some of the older iPhones but nowhere near as big as the plus versions which are just way to big.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
OnePlus One, have been rocking it for 3½ years and still works. 5.5'' was so huge in the beginning but I'm used to it now, can't go smaller anymore.

Are we still talking about phones?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'm always very slow to adopt new technology. For the longest time I stuck with my LG Rumour, with the slide out keyboard, that thing was a solider.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I've been using a Droid forever. Had Motorolas for a long time, loved those phones, but I switched to the new Google Pixel last fall when I had an upgrade and I'm a little dissatisfied with it. The OS is still great but the battery life sucks. I can't say I would recommend it, I'll be switching brands as soon as I can.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The Pixel is about the only Android phone that I'd consider... I have to use a Pixel 2 from time to time for work, and I find it to be the best Android phone I've used. World's better than any of the Samsungs I've had to use...

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I've been using a Droid forever. Had Motorolas for a long time, loved those phones, but I switched to the new Google Pixel last fall when I had an upgrade and I'm a little dissatisfied with it. The OS is still great but the battery life sucks. I can't say I would recommend it, I'll be switching brands as soon as I can.

Google doesn't actually manufacter their phones, the Pixel is made by HTC.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI

Apparently the Motorola Z play has unbelievable battery life.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My very first cell phone was a silver LG flip phone with a monochromatic digital display. God, I loved that phone. And even though it got absolutely blasted by critics and users, I loved the first iteration of the LG Chocolate.

My wife laments the loss of her LG Edge, it was a "basic" phone (post-flip but pre-smart), just a cute little touch display phone with limited functionality, she lost the first one after dropping it in a glass of water (don't ask) and immediately got a replacement that she still has (currently has an iPhone 6, as do I). Don't know if I'll make the jump back to Android...I really liked the iPhone 5, was not a fan of the 6, but I'm used to it by now. I'm just mad that iOS updates have slowed it down considerably, which Apple is doing on purpose to force us to upgrade in order to conserve battery life.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
My very first cell phone was a silver LG flip phone with a monochromatic digital display. God, I loved that phone. And even though it got absolutely blasted by critics and users, I loved the first iteration of the LG Chocolate.

My wife laments the loss of her LG Edge, it was a "basic" phone (post-flip but pre-smart), just a cute little touch display phone with limited functionality, she lost the first one after dropping it in a glass of water (don't ask) and immediately got a replacement that she still has (currently has an iPhone 6, as do I). Don't know if I'll make the jump back to Android...I really liked the iPhone 5, was not a fan of the 6, but I'm used to it by now. I'm just mad that iOS updates have slowed it down considerably, which Apple is doing on purpose to force us to upgrade in order to conserve battery life.

But you can now turn that off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sarcasm:

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Has anyone seen ready player one yet? Husband is making me go tonight and I’m worried about the rumored book butchery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad