OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Can someone help me create a downtown Denver pub golf course? So far I have:

1. The Ginn Mill
2. Giggling Grizzly
3. Lodo Bar and Grill
4. 1up Lodo
5. The Celtic on Market

Finns Manor, Whiskey Bar, Great Divide, Star Bar, Downtown Tavern, View House.....those are all kind of in the same area.

If you want to go classier I can give you that list - it would start with Union Lodge #1 (my #1 favorite cocktail bar in Denver), Peak Lounge, 54thirty...

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I'm probably out of the loop on hip Denver bars, but some ideas... The Cruise Room, El Chapultepec, Green Russell, The Matchbox or if you're willing to go to LoHi... The Occidental... probably one of my favorite bars in Denver.

The Cruise Room looks pretty cool so I'll add that. Our place is down in Capitol Hill so not sure if we're going to venture north but if we do I'll check out Occidental.

Thanks

Finns Manor, Whiskey Bar, Great Divide, Star Bar, Downtown Tavern, View House.....those are all kind of in the same area.

If you want to go classier I can give you that list - it would start with Union Lodge #1 (my #1 favorite cocktail bar in Denver), Peak Lounge, 54thirty...

Already planning on hitting up Union Lodge #1 and 54thirty the first night we get there.

Thanks for the other recommendations I've never been to View House that's right next to the first few spots on the course so works out great.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Finns Manor is a great beer place - oh and I forgot to mention First Draft....Bierstadt Lagerhaus as well.....All three of those places have outstanding beer selections.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
If anyone's wondering how to see topics started by someone on your ignore list, there's a light grey "Show ignored content" link next to Post Thread.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
You guys are stronk. My record was 92,5kg (a little over 200lb) and that was almost ten years ago. I started with maxium of 50kg (110lb) and it skyrocketed to 92,5kg in just a couple of months.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle
Can someone help me create a downtown Denver pub golf course? So far I have:

1. The Ginn Mill
2. Giggling Grizzly
3. Lodo Bar and Grill
4. 1up Lodo
5. The Celtic on Market

Looking for four more places for a group of 8 guys ages 30+ to spend about 20-30 mins so probably nothing too fancy. Would also like to stay in the general vicinity of the places already listed.

The closest I've ever come to dying was a game of pub golf. Worst part was I totally got beat by the girl I was hanging out with. She could drink me under a table and still get us home. Anyway, I suggest mixing in some more variety since the places you list are fairly... divish. Terminal Bar would be a good stop.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I remember the first time I went to the gym. I put a 45 on each side of the bar. I was monitoring what other people were lifting and figured okay, I played sports my whole childhood, I beat people up in hockey fights every weekend, I'm 6'4. I'm definitely strong. I'll go with this weight to start out and then figure how much I can add from there. I pulled the weight down to my chest, pushed, and the weight went nowhere. A guy beside me had to come lift it off my chest :laugh:

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
The closest I've ever come to dying was a game of pub golf. Worst part was I totally got beat by the girl I was hanging out with. She could drink me under a table and still get us home. Anyway, I suggest mixing in some more variety since the places you list are fairly... divish. Terminal Bar would be a good stop.

I think we're going to the nicer places another night when getting blacked out isn't the goal of the night. I'm coming from out of town so I don't want to be "that" group you see out.

It's for a bachelor party so I'm throwing in some fun dares to spice up the pub crawl. Like for 1up to get eagle you have to take two mystery shots and get the bartender's number in under 5 mins.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Are there people here who are familiar with literary analysis and stylistics, like literature students? I have a question.

I have a hard time understanding what foregrounding is in non-poetic literature. Is this a good example of foregrounding in prose?: In The Tell-Tale Heart, the phrase "much such a sound as a watch makes when enveloped in cotton" comes up twice, word for word. Is this kind of callback what you would call foregrounding by repetition?

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Are there people here who are familiar with literary analysis and stylistics, like literature students? I have a question.

I have a hard time understanding what foregrounding is in non-poetic literature. Is this a good example of foregrounding in prose?: In The Tell-Tale Heart, the phrase "much such a sound as a watch makes when enveloped in cotton" comes up twice, word for word. Is this kind of callback what you would call foregrounding by repetition?

This sounds interesting, i tried looking it up and i think Chuck Palahniuk uses it in his writing by purposely mispelling words or reorders stuff to make it look incorrect , drawing attention to it to achieve some other goal and i guess that could be foregrounding?? idk

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
This sounds interesting, i tried looking it up and i think Chuck Palahniuk uses it in his writing by purposely mispelling words or reorders stuff to make it look incorrect , drawing attention to it to achieve some other goal and i guess that could be foregrounding?? idk
Yeah, that's the type you see in poetry a lot. I would think that the word for word repetition would count as something that draws attention to itself, even though they're a few pages apart, I'm just not sure about the whole thing, since the lecture was bad, and the examples are like alliteration and shit.

For some reason, Googling doesn't help much on this topic.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I took a break from submitting resumes because it was getting damn depressing, started again last week and now I have 3 interviews lined up. Over the past few months I must've submitted 100+ resumes and only got about 5 interviews total, not sure what changed but not going to complain.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I remember the first time I went to the gym. I put a 45 on each side of the bar. I was monitoring what other people were lifting and figured okay, I played sports my whole childhood, I beat people up in hockey fights every weekend, I'm 6'4. I'm definitely strong. I'll go with this weight to start out and then figure how much I can add from there. I pulled the weight down to my chest, pushed, and the weight went nowhere. A guy beside me had to come lift it off my chest :laugh:

Lol, I have a similar story, but it was with 35s on each side (115 lb). I put it up maybe 3 times, and racked it before I had to call in help. A few years later, I topped out at 235. Then my elbows really started aching, so I typically regularly run my pyramid up to 205 and back down. Every month or so, I press 225 a few times just to make sure I can still do it.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hey guys, I figured I'd check in here for some help.

A group of 15 of us are coming down from Canada for a buddies stag party. We're doing 4 games in 4 nights, Nuggets/Timberwolves, Rockies/Braves (home opener), Blues/Avalanche on Saturday and another Rockies/Braves game on Sunday (There from the 5th-9th of April)

The only real thing we have planned outside of the games is a Blue Moon Brewery tour. Anything else you guys recommend? Best bars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad