OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I've seen them live multiple times (I think...4x now? will be #5 in March of next year), the second time was in 2004, after I graduated high school, here in Wichita. After their last song of their encore, Lars personally gave me one of his drum sticks. He went around and personally handed them out, I was the first one he handed one too, and we had a brief bond over our great beards. He saw several hands trying to grab it, but he shouted "back off" and zeroed it into my hands. Great memory.

Yeah, he absolutely catches a lot of flak for his personality, and I get it, hell even he gets it, but there's no denying that that band loves its fans.

Very cool :) and I'm really upset and tired of all people bullying Lars Ulrich on the net, degrading comments about his drum skills etc, it's tragic, sad, not deserved and very, very exaggerated.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
You should try some power metal, it's fantastic pump-up music, and in a lot of ways not even as heavy as Metallica.
giphy.gif

You guys aren’t Nickleback fans?
Say it if it's worth saving meeee... Ahh... An innocent time.

Last edited:

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I've seen them live multiple times (I think...4x now? will be #5 in March of next year), the second time was in 2004, after I graduated high school, here in Wichita. After their last song of their encore, Lars personally gave me one of his drum sticks. He went around and personally handed them out, I was the first one he handed one too, and we had a brief bond over our great beards. He saw several hands trying to grab it, but he shouted "back off" and zeroed it into my hands. Great memory.

Yeah, he absolutely catches a lot of flak for his personality, and I get it, hell even he gets it, but there's no denying that that band loves its fans.

That's awesome! My friend got a plectrum Kirk threw to the audience after the encore (my and my friend were standing next to each other and he reached further). Later that year he told me that he accidentally ended up vacuuming it while cleaning his room. He had dropped it on the floor and now it's gone forever. Such a dumb***.

I'm going to Metallica concert with him in May. I hope I get the plectrum this time.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
If you want a classier Bourbon St style of place, Key West is the place you want to go. Key West is like Bourbon Street for age 30+.

I doubt I’m ever going to go to Bourbon St or the Vegas strip ever again in my life. I’d probably do New Orleans again sometime but I’d stay in Baton Rouge or something.
I love Vegas. But I also enjoy gambling and we’ve been going for forever since before we were 21.
But yeah, even if I could drink right now I don’t think I’d enjoy bourbon st. I did love all the music everywhere there. Like bands just marching down the street. But being dead sober it’s pretty terrible lol

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I love Vegas. But I also enjoy gambling and we’ve been going for forever since before we were 21.
But yeah, even if I could drink right now I don’t think I’d enjoy bourbon st. I did love all the music everywhere there. Like bands just marching down the street. But being dead sober it’s pretty terrible lol

The music in NOLA is incredible. Definitely the best part other than the food... maybe.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Went to toys r us and it was sad seeing my childhood overpriced store like this

Legos are only like 5% off, these bastards

Reactions: BrickAHL

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Went to toys r us and it was sad seeing my childhood overpriced store like this

Legos are only like 5% off, these bastards

I went into one last week and was really upset too. It’s just wrong - I’ve started shopping at target or Walmart vs using Amazon. I want some of these stores to stay.

The babies r us employee I talked to told me they are jacking up the prices and then discounting them. There’s not really “deals” until the end.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I went into one last week and was really upset too. It’s just wrong - I’ve started shopping at target or Walmart vs using Amazon. I want some of these stores to stay.

The babies r us employee I talked to told me they are jacking up the prices and then discounting them. There’s not really “deals” until the end.
Honestly even after these discounts, everything is still cheaper at Target and Amazon.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
Seattle

I'm a little confused by your choice there. Walmart over Amazon?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
RL cheque out Riverside...

Cali too good for ****ty New Orleans
Blud, Cali wish it had New Orleans history, culture, and swag.

Not sure if Amazon killed them off, don't get me wrong that it was a big part of it, but it sounded like the new investors who bought "Toys" implemented their business plan way to slow.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Don’t get me stared on Amazon. Working at Barnes and Noble we get so many people who come in and take up all my time and use all my recommendations and inform me they’re buying kn amazon to save a couple bucks. Just stay home, then. It is plain impossible to match their prices, if you’re going to come in and use my time buy the book there or don’t use my time.
When all the book stores go out of business bet your butt those books won’t stay that cheap.
Turds

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Online shopping is just too convenient, too cheap and has much better selection. There will be some stores for somethings, but big box stores days are numbered. The writing is on the wall.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Don’t get me stared on Amazon. Working at Barnes and Noble we get so many people who come in and take up all my time and use all my recommendations and inform me they’re buying kn amazon to save a couple bucks. Just stay home, then. It is plain impossible to match their prices, if you’re going to come in and use my time buy the book there or don’t use my time.
When all the book stores go out of business bet your butt those books won’t stay that cheap.
Turds
Yeah, working at a hardware store we get the same thing. We're essentially Amazon's showroom now, where people come in, look at our stuff and comparison shop, then go home and get it online. We have some edges on them but it's cutting into our business for sure, and as an independent store we're one of the last bastions of real brick and mortar retail out there.

Reactions: Landeslog

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
I’m fine with online shopping. I do it all the time. I just hate the people that use the services real stores provide and then give their money to amazon. Pay for the services you use. I have talked to a single customer for 30 minutes about what she should read next based on her interests when she had no intention of buying anything because it’s cheaper on amazon. Literally came in just to use us and knowing she wouldn’t buy.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I bought a van yesterday. Will be moving into it this summer to save on rent then road tripping to climb/pow chase. I'm all giddy and stuff.

Reactions: 21

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Yeah, working at a hardware store we get the same thing. We're essentially Amazon's showroom now, where people come in, look at our stuff and comparison shop, then go home and get it online. We have some edges on them but it's cutting into our business for sure, and as an independent store we're one of the last bastions of real brick and mortar retail out there.
Yeah that’s crappy. I don’t understand why people don’t know how rude that is.

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad