OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm nearly done with my re-watch of Parenthood...good lord the writers on this show really knew how to cut to the core of your emotions.

One of the characters on the show has Asperger's Syndrome, and in season 5 he's a teenager, he goes on an overnight school camping trip. And I'm watching this and he's breaking down in the car ride home with his parents. "Why don't the other kids like me?" "I don't understand why they hate me", and his dad, played wonderfully by Peter Krause, can't do anything but drive with tears in his eyes.

It was, to my knowledge, the only time this character (the one with Asperger's), Max, showed this type of sadness...they built 5 seasons to him having that moment, and it's just...man.

Of course, I've already seen the show, and the series finale is even more of a heartbreaker.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Second date down, we did brunch and walked around for shopping. Definitely not as flirty or fun as our text communications. Probably partially due to where we were.

Only been a week, but I really need to figure out how to get her to open up in person. Thoughts on suggesting we cook together at my place for the third date?

I haven't seriously dated in awhile so I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

Cooking is always fun, especially if you do pizza that requires 2 people (500 degree oven, pizza stone, etc.). I think you just need to find an activity that you're both interested in. Whether it be cooking, hiking, mud-wrestling, etc. I don't know what you did for your first date, but I always found doing something less traditional like a hike always turns out to be a better experience than a movie + dinner.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm a little confused by your choice there. Walmart over Amazon?

Yep because I don’t want to see the brick and mortars die off completely.

Ive started to do the reverse of what Landeslog is describing. I shop around on amazon and then I find the product at Walmart or target and purchase online/pickup. It’s making a lot of sense for me right now actually - with a newborn he doesn’t want to wait 2 days for prime delivery of a bottle or rash cream that we needed yesterday. I probably should use a smaller retailer but I think Walmart and target are going to be the only ones able to compete long term with amazon.

I’m afraid of what’s going to happen to all the employees at smaller stores. My grandmother back in kmarts heyday got let go and never went back to work. Lived off benefits and unemployment for like 10-15+ years. It was great for her but she could have worked somewhere else for sure. We can’t have the entire US population go this route.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I totally get a bit of a mountain man vibe from Smiley. The van, the hair, the mountain/outdoor adventures all the time.

giphy.gif

Signed the contract. I'm officially starting a new job. Unfortunately that means my presence on here will be limited. Huge turning point for my career though. I'm super excited.

Congrats!

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Anybody here ever drive an Equinox or a Malibu? Anyone every drive both and are able to suggest one over the other?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Anybody here ever drive an Equinox or a Malibu? Anyone every drive both and are able to suggest one over the other?

Well I’m a valet and have drove both, but not for an extended period of time. Neither are anything special, but both are decent cars. I’d say you can’t go wrong with either, the Equinox is probably a little nicer and their ride is about the same. If you need more room for stuff go with Equinox for sure though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My old man loves his Equinox. After leasing different cars for years he up and bought the Equinox. So far it's survived a minor fender-bender on Highway 58 in the snow and having the windows busted out by flying debris from a Light Rail construction site.

I suppose it comes down to what you want the car for. One has more room for people/things, the other has better gas mileage.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Cooking is always fun, especially if you do pizza that requires 2 people (500 degree oven, pizza stone, etc.). I think you just need to find an activity that you're both interested in. Whether it be cooking, hiking, mud-wrestling, etc. I don't know what you did for your first date, but I always found doing something less traditional like a hike always turns out to be a better experience than a movie + dinner.

You should definitely go for the mud wrestling option in the next date

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just had both out for a quick test drive. I'll be taking the Equinox. I drive a large full size SUV now so I quickly realized I cant go back to the car once I started driving the Malibu lol. The Equinox is a downgrade for me based on what I have now, but it's free so I'm happy.

I can leave you guys alone with choosing my life now lol.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So who wants to donate to the "RL Needs A New Laptop To Finish School" fund? Mine is pretty much done-zo...

1 month before the end of my undergrad too. And if I go on to grad school? Forget it...I couldn't do shit with this! :laugh:

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Can someone help me create a downtown Denver pub golf course? So far I have:

1. The Ginn Mill
2. Giggling Grizzly
3. Lodo Bar and Grill
4. 1up Lodo
5. The Celtic on Market

Looking for four more places for a group of 8 guys ages 30+ to spend about 20-30 mins so probably nothing too fancy. Would also like to stay in the general vicinity of the places already listed.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Can someone help me create a downtown Denver pub golf course? So far I have:

1. The Ginn Mill
2. Giggling Grizzly
3. Lodo Bar and Grill
4. 1up Lodo
5. The Celtic on Market

Looking for four more places for a group of 8 guys ages 30+ to spend about 20-30 mins so probably nothing too fancy. Would also like to stay in the general vicinity of the places already listed.
Sorry, no one here drinks beer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm probably out of the loop on hip Denver bars, but some ideas... The Cruise Room, El Chapultepec, Green Russell, The Matchbox or if you're willing to go to LoHi... The Occidental... probably one of my favorite bars in Denver.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm probably out of the loop on hip Denver bars, but some ideas... The Cruise Room, El Chapultepec, Green Russell, The Matchbox or if you're willing to go to LoHi... The Occidental... probably one of my favorite bars in Denver.

Ooooh I love the Chapultepec.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
With everyone posting about progress at the gym I finally got myself back into the swing of things this morning. Drank God knows how much sake last night and awoke reinvigorated, was weird.

Jogged with my dog and hit OTF for a 2600 calorie day according to my ring. Almost five miles. I'm a big dude (~250) but cardio has become my favorite as I've gotten older.

Reactions: UncleRisto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad