OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm cheap as hell so I never get my beard trimmed at the barber. How is the experience?

It's a very different experience ;-) like I wrote in my first post almost a bit feminine experience, you sit there and they style your hair, beard and use all kind of tools, wax, oil, cream, powder, scissors, brushes... etc

Of course they make the beard look better than you would be able to yourself, that's the whole point but still a weird experience, like a cult. ;-)

Laine strongly need to visit one! ;-)

Reactions: BrickAHL

member 116861

It's a very different experience ;-) like I wrote in my first post almost a bit feminine experience, you sit there and they style your hair, beard and use all kind of tools, wax, oil, cream, powder, scissors, brushes... etc

Of course they make the beard look better than you would be able to yourself, that's the whole point but still a weird experienc, like a cult. ;-)

Laine strongly need to visit one. ;-)

Interesting, I might have to try that before a big event like @Cousin Eddie 's wedding.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I could grow a thick beard, but I don't. I can never get past that itchy stage where it feels like a squirrel hugging your face while the thing grows out. And I don't really care enough about having one to get past that. I'm clean shaven and fine with it.

Reactions: Murzu and 21

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Avs may have been destroyed but I thrived last night. Played a text game with the girl I met around what situation she'd rather be in (7 days no power, 1 day stuck in elevator) and before she passed out she said she'd only accept the no power if it was with me.

Solid progress in 4 days right?

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Avs may have been destroyed but I thrived last night. Played a text game with the girl I met around what situation she'd rather be in (7 days no power, 1 day stuck in elevator) and before she passed out she said she'd only accept the no power if it was with me.

You stud :naughty:

Reactions: Lonewolfe2015

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Oof... I just don’t think she’s into you :sarcasm:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

Yeah, I'd say so.

Meanwhile the woman I had been talking to, the one with the bad knee injury, has decided that I don't exist anymore. We had the one date, before her surgery, and we talked a lot after her surgery, including when she had rehab setbacks, she told me she still was interested in a 2nd date, and then out of nowhere she just stopped talking to me. I gave one last shot and asked her out to dinner a couple of weeks ago, she read the message and just never responded.

So yeah...meanwhile, after falling into a mini-plateau, I took Jim Morrison's advice and broke on through to the otherside: 247.6 lbs as of this morning, I'm officially 90 lbs down now! But I know I've reached the stage where each pound is going to be tougher to lose, going to require more strict adherence to meal prepping and watching what I eat, as well as more 2-a-day's at the gym.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah, I'd say so.

Meanwhile the woman I had been talking to, the one with the bad knee injury, has decided that I don't exist anymore. We had the one date, before her surgery, and we talked a lot after her surgery, including when she had rehab setbacks, she told me she still was interested in a 2nd date, and then out of nowhere she just stopped talking to me. I gave one last shot and asked her out to dinner a couple of weeks ago, she read the message and just never responded.

So yeah...meanwhile, after falling into a mini-plateau, I took Jim Morrison's advice and broke on through to the otherside: 247.6 lbs as of this morning, I'm officially 90 lbs down now! But I know I've reached the stage where each pound is going to be tougher to lose, going to require more strict adherence to meal prepping and watching what I eat, as well as more 2-a-day's at the gym.
Don't worry about it. Great job sticking with the workout and diet stuff! I wish I could stick to a regular meal plan long term. I'm always on/off with that stuff cause I get lazy with foods that need prep and then I blow my regular meal times. I don't gain weight because when the meal plan goes out the window, I eat less... Regularity would help immensely with gaining muscle, and that part of it is really screwing me over. That and the same thing with the sleep cycle.

I'll have gross buffet pizza for you!

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
smh

I do have lots of apps running in the background, probably because I'm still not used to the X not having that button or whatever, also sometimes I use bluetooth. It shouldn't kill the battery life this quick though, my 6s had amazing battery life even after 2 years I owned it.

You should still be able to do it - albeit way harder which is dumb. I don’t have the X but I think you hold down low on the phone and then swipe up to make the running apps appear. And then from there you hit the red X to delete each app. Not as fun as the good ole swipe that’s for sure.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Yeah, I'd say so.

Yeah, buddy! Stick it to her when you look f***ing jacked. Then she’ll be sorry! Muwahaha

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah, buddy! Stick it to her when you look ****ing jacked. Then she’ll be sorry! Muwahaha

:laugh:

I don't think I'll ever be "jacked", but at this point I've seen enough change in my body to say that I'm a "dad bod--minus being a dad" stage. I'm just not really interested in becoming "muscle jacked", but I would like to add some tone/definition, and I'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad