OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You’re gonna need a good woman to ride along

images
Wrong thread

Reactions: BrickAHL and Murzu

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Anyone been to New Orleans? We’re headed there this weekend and don’t really have plans for what we’re going to do! Mostly care about food

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Anyone been to New Orleans? We’re headed there this weekend and don’t really have plans for what we’re going to do! Mostly care about food

As far as good goes, for oysters(assuming you like them) the Acme Oyster house is fantastic. For sandwiches, Central Grocery has a damn good muffuletta. If you guys are planning on doing a nicer upscale meal than Galatoire’s is another one I’d reccomend.

For drinks Pat O’Briens is the spot in the French Quarter. And over by Burboun Street, French 75 and Hermès Bar at Antoines are fantastic as well. Antoine’s has the best old fashioned I’ve ever had.

I actually have a good list of places to eat and things to do list that my dad sent me awhile ago if you’d be interested in that.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
As far as good goes, for oysters(assuming you like them) the Acme Oyster house is fantastic. For sandwiches, Central Grocery has a damn good muffuletta. If you guys are planning on doing a nicer upscale meal than Galatoire’s is another one I’d reccomend.

For drinks Pat O’Briens is the spot in the French Quarter. And over by Burboun Street, French 75 and Hermès Bar at Antoines are fantastic as well. Antoine’s has the best old fashioned I’ve ever had.

I actually have a good list of places to eat and things to do list that my dad sent me awhile ago if you’d be interested in that.
Awesome, thanks! Does the oyster place have good cooked seafood? I love oysters but I can’t have raw fish!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Awesome, thanks! Does the oyster place have good cooked seafood? I love oysters but I can’t have raw fish!

I can’t remember. But I would assume they would, regardless the seafood at Acme all round was super good so I don’t think you can go wrong with getting cooked seafood there. Especially since it’s NO and most places have super good seafood.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
1. Congrats Sam

2. the battery on my iPhone X is shit, I have to charge it two times every day

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

Some guy once told me that the WWII museum in New Orleans is the best tourist attraction there. He said it’s one of those type of spots where you only know where to go if you’re a local because it doesn’t get a lot of hype nationally. I kick myself all the time for not going to it, because I’ve now heard from like 4 or 5 of my friends that it’s awesome. If I was going to go to New Orleans it’s be #1 on my list.

Try to go to a small jazz concert if you’re there. And if you can’t find one then just go catch a one hour show at Preservation Hall right next to Pat OBriens. They run shows all night long and you get a good, quick taste of real jazz experience there.

I’m also a fan of the ferry ride - it’s super cheap (a couple of bucks maybe each way) and you get to float the river. It’s maybe just a cheap 1-2 Hour time filler at most. I’m a sucker for ferry rides in all cities with water, just because we don’t have any here.

For food I like Mothers for a po-boy and definitely get the debris on your sandwich. During lunch you’ll probably run into a line there. I wouldn’t do dinner there - not fancy enough of a place.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
1. Congrats Sam

2. the battery on my iPhone X is ****, I have to charge it two times every day
Why are iPhone batteries all so shit? Just make it a little thicker so I can go the whole day without needing to charge my phone FFS.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
My Sony's battery life was cut in half with an Android update. It was legitimately 2 days if I didn't constantly use it. Now it's one day if I don't constantly use it. Gotta love that shit.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
My Sony's battery life was cut in half with an Android update. It was legitimately 2 days if I didn't constantly use it. Now it's one day if I don't constantly use it. Gotta love that ****.

You should see if there is an app that's secretly feasting on your battery. That's very often the case.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Some guy once told me that the WWII museum in New Orleans is the best tourist attraction there. He said it’s one of those type of spots where you only know where to go if you’re a local because it doesn’t get a lot of hype nationally. I kick myself all the time for not going to it, because I’ve now heard from like 4 or 5 of my friends that it’s awesome. If I was going to go to New Orleans it’s be #1 on my list.

Try to go to a small jazz concert if you’re there. And if you can’t find one then just go catch a one hour show at Preservation Hall right next to Pat OBriens. They run shows all night long and you get a good, quick taste of real jazz experience there.

I’m also a fan of the ferry ride - it’s super cheap (a couple of bucks maybe each way) and you get to float the river. It’s maybe just a cheap 1-2 Hour time filler at most. I’m a sucker for ferry rides in all cities with water, just because we don’t have any here.

For food I like Mothers for a po-boy and definitely get the debris on your sandwich. During lunch you’ll probably run into a line there. I wouldn’t do dinner there - not fancy enough of a place.
I wonder what I’d have to do for my friends to get them to go to the World War II museum because that sounds right up my alley and they would all hate it haha.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
A few other places to try in New Orleans... Beraca (amazing Honduran food), Morning Call (for beignets), Toups Meatery, and Willie Mae's Scotch House (best fried chicken I've ever had). I second the WWII Museum as well! It is one of the best attractions in New Orleans outside of the history of the town itself. The cemeteries are also well worth seeing... if you've never been on a cemetery tour there, they are well worth it.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
You're preggers, right?
Just start crying, and babbling...
I don’t want to use up all my pregnancy cards this early haha. Also I’m going with my best friend who lost her baby last week so I can’t really throw the pregnant thing around too much

(I haven’t told her I’m pregnant yet because it will be hard but I can’t exactly hide it in New Orleans and I’m super dreading it)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One of my friends is visiting every State Capitol and when he went to down to BR he visited NO along the ways. Do you like paranormal stuff and do you like history stuff? He told me their WWII museum is probably the best in the country and that they have a lot of"haunted tours" considering their legends of ghost, voodoo, and vampires. He also told me their graveyards are pretty sick since all of them are above ground due to sea level.

1. Congrats Sam

2. the battery on my iPhone X is ****, I have to charge it two times every day
How many programs are you running in the background? Also do you have bluetooth on as well? My brother has one and his battery life gets absolutely drained since he never gets rid of apps running in the background. Plus sometimes Apple stupidly turns up bluetooth for unknown reasons which kills your battery life.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
One of my friends is visiting every State Capitol and when he went to down to BR he visited NO along the ways. Do you like paranormal stuff and do you like history stuff? He told me their WWII museum is probably the best in the country and that they have a lot of"haunted tours" considering their legends of ghost, voodoo, and vampires. He also told me their graveyards are pretty sick since all of them are above ground due to .
Well I’m super into history, especially ww2. But none of the other girls ar so I’ll see what I can talk them into haha. But everyone is super into the paranormal stuff

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Well I’m super into history, especially ww2. But none of the other girls ar so I’ll see what I can talk them into haha. But everyone is super into the paranormal stuff
Nice, if you guys rent a car go to...

the myrtle plantation - Google Search

magnolia plantation louisiana - Google Search

I hear both are super haunted. E: Nevermind, didn't realise the Myrtle Plantation is outside of Baton Rouge. That would be a far drive. Well, there are probably a lot of paranormal creepy stuff to do in NO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad