Rumor: The All Encompassing Trevor Zegras Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What would you give up to get Zegras?

• Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Habs 25 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • WPG 24 1st OR Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 98 36.7%
  • WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 34 12.7%
  • Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected) AND WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Some other combination of 1st round picks and prospects

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Nothing - Zegras has too many red flags and will kill the culture

Votes: 85 31.8%

• Total voters

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
To summarize:

SCOUTING REPORT
If hockey were only about offense, he would already be among the NHL's elite. His offensive numbers are already solid and should continue to improve as he gets more acclimated to the NHL. He can score on his own or set up teammates in good spots. His off-the-puck play and ability to win face-offs are still works in progress, and he has to improve on those to earn the confidence of his coaches in crunch time. In terms of creativity, few can rival him.

Long Range Potential: Supremely creative playmaker with huge upside.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Mcagg did call Slaf over Wright so you gotta give him some credit there. he also said that the Habs would take Reinbacher last year well before the draft.
He was also pumping Kotkaniemi like no tomorrow.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Like I've said before, Zegras would be a fine complementary piece in the puzzle.

I get that people feel he's got a bit of the same knocks as Drouin. But the difference is he's coming into a team with Well Endowed Nick, Kirby Getzlaf and Chadkovsky.

Sure he's softer than melted butter, but he'd bring an aspect we don't have, which is creating something out of nothing level talent. I also think we happen to have the perfect coach who can get through his thick f***ing skull.

You can always tinker and trade him a few years down the line after padding the stats with Celebrini and Caufield.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
he really reminds me of Drouin , or even Kovalev as others have suggested. Maybe I haven't watched him enough, seems soft and bad away from the puck.

McEsenpi

Apr 17, 2021
he really reminds me of Drouin , or even Kovalev as others have suggested. Maybe I haven't watched him enough, seems soft and bad away from the puck.
Yeah if you think he is soft, you are right, you haven’t watch him enough. He is a competitor and a gamer. Less soft than Suzuki thats for sure.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I have no issues to acquire Zegras, but never I would trade Hutson, Guhle or Reinbacher for him. That would be a huge mistake.
While I think ducks would never take this deal, the absolute most I'd give for him are the Winnipeg and Calgary 1sts, and a non blue chip prospect like Mesar, etc.

habstradamus

Jul 1, 2018
Brussels, Belgium
We have a plethora of picks as well as prospects coming up the pipeline. We also have several young NHLers in the line up that could be trading pieces. We have the ammunition to get the ideal player we need going forward. If that is Zegras, so be it. I just do not think he is what we are looking for. I believe we are looking for a big "no doubt" #1 center.

Reactions: sampollock

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
We have a plethora of picks as well as prospects coming up the pipeline. We also have several young NHLers in the line up that could be trading pieces. We have the ammunition to get the ideal player we need going forward. If that is Zegras, so be it. I just do not think he is what we are looking for. I believe we are looking for a big "no doubt" #1 center.
If Dach comes back healthy, I'm absolutely fine with him and Suzuki as the top 6 Cs. I think Habs are missing a dynamic forward like Demidov tbh

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I don’t know him well by any means, but from what I’ve witnessed in the time spent w my sons teams, the kids worship him, he’s soft spoken & is a humble class act.

It could all be a complete act, I don’t think that’s the case but who knows..

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
What are the objective criticisms against Zegras' character ?

The times I've watched him play, I saw a very skilled player who needed to get stronger. Unlike, Drouin, he's actually led a team offensively and a young age. He didn't pout when he was sent to the AHL. Drouin had these real objective things you could point to. I think this team needs a high skill forward like him. But I'm not sure Hughes can meet the cost.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Yeah if you think he is soft, you are right, you haven’t watch him enough. He is a competitor and a gamer. Less soft than Suzuki thats for sure.

going by what McGagg is saying, he hates how he plays with and without the puck and how he's afraid to get hit. Some very different takes on Zegras for sure

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
And to find that is almost virtually impossible but let's see what Ken can do

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We're not going to get a big no doubt #1 center for our surplus prospects like Struble, Harris, Barron, Mesar, Farrell, Heineman, even Roy, etc... And we're not going to get one for our surplus late 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds, etc...

We may be able to get one for core pieces like our 2024 unprotected 1st, Guhle, Reinbacher, Hutson, etc...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Mesar doesn't have a future here so i would easily give him up
If anything I feel like he would be bad for Slaf's development as he'll want to go to bat for his friend. Sometimes you get lucky like Vinny with Brad Richards but more often than not it becomes a Patches and DD situation.

Reactions: Michelangelo

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The team has been looking for one for 20 years+ Not considering Zegras at least to be #2 is just too flippin picky imho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad