Rumor: The All Encompassing Trevor Zegras Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What would you give up to get Zegras?

• Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Habs 25 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • WPG 24 1st OR Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 98 36.8%
  • WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 34 12.8%
  • Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected) AND WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Some other combination of 1st round picks and prospects

Votes: 30 11.3%
  • Nothing - Zegras has too many red flags and will kill the culture

Votes: 84 31.6%

• Total voters

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
For Zegras, I think that this trade is doable:

Zegras
Vs
Newhook and Winnipeg 1st

Newhook is not untouchable .

Drafted in 2019 like Zegras.

Anaheim
has full of great prospects on D

Would you do it as Habs fans?
to revisit though we'd need a replacement for newhook to go along with Zegras

So you'd then need to try and grab a young F with the young defenseman

Essentially something like
Newhook, WPG 1st, Harris/Struble/Mailloux/xhekaj/Barron

Zegras/ Hypothetical fwd 2

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Anaheim needs a right handed defenceman. Would probably do something around Logan Mailloux.
That one could bite us. Mailloux screams 50-60 points potential from the back end, and is a future PP QB. The only question is 1st or 2nd unit.

I'd prefer Barron, Engstrom, Harris or even Xhekaj over Mailloux.

Reactions: sampollock

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Not sure why we have this thread. With PLD there was confirmed reports (including by his own agent) that he wanted to go to the Habs.

There's nothing like that with Zegras.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Is there a credible rumour out there? Or is this all hypothetical
like the PLD stuff posters and insiders guessing is all

Not sure why we have this thread. With PLD there was confirmed reports (including by his own agent) that he wanted to go to the Habs.

There's nothing like that with Zegras.
PLS was smoke even though the agent said that. KH may have asked. can't see him calling back with peg wanted the farm

Reactions: StCaufield

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
like the PLD stuff posters and insiders guessing is all

PLS was smoke even though the agent said that. KH may have asked. can't see him calling back with peg wanted the farm

PLD wasn't smoke. It was confirmed by multiple reporters in multiple cities (including Winnipeg's and Columbus). PLD himself also confirmed it after he was traded to the Kings.

You'd really have to be willfully blind at this point to not acknowledge that.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
The reasons why PLD isn't in Montreal have mostly to do with KH not giving Winnipeg the assets they wanted and not willing to give PLD the contract he wanted (and, also, LAK giving up way too much).

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Zegras
Vs
Newhook and Winnipeg 1st

Anaheim

I don't see the ducks doing this. I'm pretty sure the ducks will value a quality package over a quantity package, and they could get back a better young player/prospect than Newhook.

They aren't forced to trade Zegras, so they aren't going to trade him unless they get back something very good, which would likely have to be our top 10 pick for it to happen with us. For the habs it would make sense depending on who's available.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
If McCagg doesn't want him, then that means he's perfect for MTL.

I heard Grant on Marinaro's podcast last night man was in fine form if anyone has time go back and watch a replay if you can find it.

He was screaming about how KK was a good pick because he scored against Toronto in the playoffs. He's the dog Bergevin was talking about, true loyalty to Timmins lol. I respect him though, takes a lot of confidence to constantly be a contrarian and go on podcasts.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
We have good chemistry with the players within the team right now. Zegras could be a disruptor and cause the problem in the locker room. He played soft and took a lot of penalties. If Zegras is as good as people were saying then why would the Ducks wanted to trade him away. Consider all that + the high cost to acquire him. I say we steer as far away from him as possible.

Reactions: themilosh

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

Zegras
Vs
Newhook and Winnipeg 1st

Anaheim

Yep. This is the deal I posted yesterday.

It’s an upgrade from 2nd/3rd line player to a 1st/2nd line player.

Anaheim might want a player who can step in. They’re loaded with prospects.

Zegras makes Newhook more expendable, considering he would be the 2nd line C backup plan to Dach.

Reactions: crosbyshow

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The reasons why PLD isn't in Montreal have mostly to do with KH not giving Winnipeg the assets they wanted and not willing to give PLD the contract he wanted (and, also, LAK giving up way too much).

I believe it was reported that Hughes was willing to go over 8 if Winnipeg had accepted their offer (or at least as much as Suzuki/Caufield) and let them make their final pitch to PLD. They were also going to discuss tax breaks + media opportunities.

If Winnipeg had accepted the deal, he'd be here.

Reactions: sampollock

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Mcagg did call Slaf over Wright so you gotta give him some credit there.

On this point, I agree he deserves credit. He was among the first to cast doubts that Wright should be number 1. Hardly anyone on this board preferred Slaf over Wright.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Mcagg did call Slaf over Wright so you gotta give him some credit there. he also said that the Habs would take Reinbacher last year well before the draft.
It’s fine calling Slaf over Wright. It’s the way he went about it that was completely wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad