Rumor: The All Encompassing Trevor Zegras Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What would you give up to get Zegras?

• Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Habs 25 1st (Top 5 protected)

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • WPG 24 1st OR Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 98 36.7%
  • WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st + forward and defense prospect (e.g. Mesar & Barron)

Votes: 34 12.7%
  • Habs 24 1st (Top 5 protected) AND WPG 24 1st AND Cal 25 1st

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Some other combination of 1st round picks and prospects

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Nothing - Zegras has too many red flags and will kill the culture

Votes: 85 31.8%

• Total voters

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
fwWqq

McGuire said Zegras is cut out of the same mold as Hutson … only offense no defense
A lot of his lower level scouting is pretty different from reports on his play in the NHL. Either the Ducks coaching is messing with him or his game didn't translate well.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Wonder how many here have actually watched his games and not just his Michigan highlights?
I've only seen a couple and he looked BAD tbh but maybe I just caught bad ones this year.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I don't think they're willing to give up what it would take to get him...And frankly, I don't blame them.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
A lot of his lower level scouting is pretty different from reports on his play in the NHL. Either the Ducks coaching is messing with him or his game didn't translate well.

Or... He's in his early 20's and has spent a few years in a train wreck of an organization on a roster with minimal veteran leadership where he was the best player on the roster pretty much as soon as he started...

Different sport, but when you hear how Mahomes & Kelce talk about Reid, and the culture he's built in KC, you get a good glimpse of just how important strong coaching/leadership is on setting the development foundations for elite young talent.

Zegras' attitude and approach to the game hasn't evolved in a vacuum, there's good reason to believe that he could adapt to a more responsible and competitive mindset in a different environment

Reactions: dcyhabs

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Just a feeling but I don't think he's the type of player that puts a team over the top in the playoffs. But I'll trust Hughes judgment if ever he decides to trade for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Fans

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The reasons why PLD isn't in Montreal have mostly to do with KH not giving Winnipeg the assets they wanted and not willing to give PLD the contract he wanted (and, also, LAK giving up way too much).
Rumours had it We were in the bidding but not close.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Grant mccagg must've caught zegras with his wife. Dude hates him with a passion lol
lol he has the same take as many here though. Lazy, zero effort on the defensive end, inconsistence on offense. His biggest criticism is actually that he doesn't show his skill game in game out and only shows up every few games.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
...and if I am not mistaking...Mccagg had not Leo Carlsson in his top 5 last year...

I had Carlsson second exactly where he was drafted and he has 21 points..in 33 games so far at 18 years old

Same, as I had moved Carlsson into a tier by himself after Bedard. I really like Fantilli but Carlsson has such an great mind for the game that he became my clear second after Bedard.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think his point is he is overrated and the farm shouldn't be paid to acquire him. I agree with him.

lol he has the same take as many here though. Lazy, zero effort on the defensive end, inconsistence on offense. His biggest criticism is actually that he doesn't show his skill game in game out and only shows up every few games.
Oh I generally agree with him but it seems personal lol

Reactions: HomaridII and Tyson

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
All that talent and yet not a difference maker. Something is not right. It does look tempting though, I really like the low panic thresh hold.
Zegras is part of an org that’s been tanking for close to 10-years w numerous top-5 picks in that period.

The Ducks org is not right

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Incredible player. If we add him and Dach manage to stay healthy we are a playoff team next season.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I like Zegras for no reason other than the fact I opened a few boxes of upper deck chasing Cole Caufield’s young guns and hit a bunch Zegras Young Guns instead. For that reason, I hope he does well.

I think we need to do better than Zegras if we are going to significantly improve our top6, so I’m a pass.

... And at least PLD had size going for him!
Yeah but he isn’t very good at hockey.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
B/R Open Ice on Instagram: Martin St. Louis checking out Trevor ...

1708130470107.jpeg

1708130498253.jpeg

IMG_2382.jpeg

IMG_2383.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad