Speculation: The All Encompassing Edmonton Oilers Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
With Thornton traded it cleared the way for Bruins to get Chara, Savard, and Kessel...which helped them to a Stanley Cup.

The indirect aspects make it a win for the Bruins.
The indirect aspects make it a win for the Bruins.
So… part of our plan should be to be so bad next year we get a top five pick, and then we should fleece someone else out of a generational defenceman? The Bruins were absolutely atrocious the year after the Thornton trade, and not getting a better return set the franchise back at least three years.

This logic is nutso, my man.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If the Oilers offered McDavid.. Dallas would run naked through the rain dragging those 2 to the airport.

Why so we can have no goalie and no defence? Not every GM is Holland, and most realize there's more then one position in hockey

Don't get me wrong, McDavid would be awesome in Dallas, but not worth losing there top Dman and #1 goalie

Reactions: Johno

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I would have interest in all 3 of those pieces from Philly, but none of them get the conversation started for Draisaitl.

People thought the same when Bruins traded Thornton...Oilers need depth support for McDavid.
The Bruins still got bent over for Thornton. Winning cups doesn't change that they got a garbage return for him

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It's actually not an awful over... to be clear.. f*** NO... but it gets us a great D and a great goalie and that's exactly what we need.

You'll get shit on but you were actually more reasonable than the other dozen posts offering Sturgeon for Drai, Ullmark for Drai and McDavid for Huberdeau.

And you hate us and gave a reasonable offer. Kudos.

NO

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If Oilers were to inquire Philly about:

Carter Hart ($4M)
Morgan Frost ($2.1M)
Travis Sanheim ($6.25M)
2nd round pick 2024
3rd round draft pick 2024

Total: $12.35M

What would the Oilers be willing to give-up?

Would this be a possibility?

Draisatl ($8.5M)
Skinner ($2.6M)
Desharnais ($0.75M)
1st round draft pick 2024

Total: $11.85M

*there might need to be another minor player swap to be cap compliant.
simplify it to frost for a 2nd

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
If Oilers were to inquire Philly about:

Carter Hart ($4M)
Morgan Frost ($2.1M)
Travis Sanheim ($6.25M)
2nd round pick 2024
3rd round draft pick 2024

Total: $12.35M

What would the Oilers be willing to give-up?

Would this be a possibility?

Draisatl ($8.5M)
Skinner ($2.6M)
Desharnais ($0.75M)
1st round draft pick 2024

Total: $11.85M

*there might need to be another minor player swap to be cap compliant.
Why would the Oilers be interested in the pile of trash that the Flyers ice on a nightly basis? Lol

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Why would the Oilers be interested in the pile of trash that the Flyers ice on a nightly basis? Lol

Amazing statement from a team at the bottom of the standings… who’s only claim to fame is total incompetence after years of futility sitting in the bowels league who year after year have the opportunities to draft and luck into the worlds best players all to… remain at the bottom.

Oilers fans have some audacity to mock other teams’ rosters and their players.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Amazing statement from a team at the bottom of the standings… who’s only claim to fame is total incompetence after years of futility sitting in the bowels league who year after year have the opportunities to draft and luck into the worlds best players all to… remain at the bottom.

That's what I thought when I read that guy's response. The Oilers haven't done F**k all with the players they have, and continue to draft high each year. I don't think Briere is going to bundle up his better players this season for a bunch of underachievers which haven't won jack in the past.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
That's what I thought when I read that guy's response. The Oilers haven't done F**k all with the players they have, and continue to draft high each year. I don't think Briere is going to bundle up his better players this season for a bunch of underachievers which haven't won jack in the past.

Ironically, they are in a harder position now than when they drafted him - surrounding him with talent.

Now they are in the unenviable position of simultaneously having to trade him and practically being unable.

Reactions: Limeyjim

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Edmflyersfan has done nothing but troll the Oilers for years. Now he wants the players he called bad?

Get some perspective. 🤣

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I could understand the idea behind something like this, if the Stars were lacking in offense. But that definitely isn’t the case.
Dallas has one of the more potent offenses in the league (sans slowish start) and they have Stankoven and Bourque maturing in the minors. Heiskanen is not moving for anyone that doesn’t upgrade the defense and seeing that he is regarded as a top 5D in the league, that list is short. Oilers are better off looking for a trading partner with abundance of defense and a sub/par offense.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
He’s started 20 more games for Buffalo than Boston. One of the worst defensive teams and one of the best defensive teams during his time there. The results…

121-64-17 2.49 GAA and a .919 SV%. Since his rookie season in 2015 only 4 goaltenders have a better SV% and 9 a better GAA.
And most of the time Ullmark save the ass of this soft D corp

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Nuge NTC gets in the way
You mean Ullmark NTC gets in the way.. I think anyone who has the right to deny a trade to Edmonton would do so right now in a second and anyone on Edmonton who had the chance to get out right now would be on the first plane outta there.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I can't see RNH as a 1C tbh. I'm a huge fan but he's a 2C or 1W.

FTR.. I didn't think Zacha could do it either so take my view with a grain of salt.lol
I'd still like RNH as a #2 - it would really help Boston depth.

Ullmark wouldn’t waive to go to edm
Oh crud, I didn't see that. Would Edmonton be interested in Swayman?

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd still like RNH as a #2 - it would really help Boston depth.

Oh crud, I didn't see that. Would Edmonton be interested in Swayman?
He would definitely be a good add for you guys. I'd target Hertl personally though as he'd be a better fit! Bigger body and more net front jam. Younger. Both would help though.

Reactions: Pantokrator

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Boston fans would love Hyman's game but it's something the Oilers badly need, an actual hard working player with skill. Ullmark for Hyman 1 for 1 is pretty close but the Oilers would have to add something else considering Boston has no reason to move Ullmark and the Oilers are desperate for a goalie.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Boston fans would love Hyman's game but it's something the Oilers badly need, an actual hard working player with skill. Ullmark for Hyman 1 for 1 is pretty close but the Oilers would have to add something else considering Boston has no reason to move Ullmark and the Oilers are desperate for a goalie.
Ok. Add a 1st or Bourgault then

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
1st trade
To Oilers: Ullmark, Geekie, Merkulov
To Bruins: Hyman, McLeod

2nd trade
To Canucks: McLeod, Lysell
To Bruins: Blueger, Raty,

3rd trade
To Blackhawks: Forbort
To Bruins: Joey Anderson

- Bruins lineup

Marchand Zacha Pasta
Hyman Poitras Debrusk
JVR Coyle Frederic
Lucic Beecher Lauko

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Grz Shattenkirk

Swayman
Bussi
Räty could become interesting in the Bruins organization though.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad