The Al Iafrate "Dude, just shave it" Receding Hairline Award

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
The right hair transplant plus the meat and potato hair loss stack (finasteride, monoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo) and microneedling and he would be back. Guys have come back from far worse than this.

That said, nevermind the transplant, not everyone has the will or discipline to be on such a regiment... Not to mention if he's part of the small percentage of people that experiences side effects from the drugs.
You forgot to mention that if you choose the "drug route" and they do work for you, you need to be on theese drugs always cause if you quit the hair loss will begin again. It will be at a significant cost in the long run.
Personally I recommend Toppik. You can use it whenever you want. Works for me who is not fully bald. I take it when I feel I need to look better/look like I have more hair than I actually have, and skip it at other times when that is of no importance.

Reactions: iamjs

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Kunin is done, old picture too:

upload_2022-2-16_0-36-7.jpeg

Girgensons has my favorite hairline in the league:

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
It's kind of weird that you are calling others "pathetic" for whatever measures they take to deal with thinning hair when you yourself, by shaving it, are also doing something to cover up the fact you have thinned or developed bald spots.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Is this serious? You do know that bald people that shave still look like they are balding... You still see the places where there is absolutely no hair, you still see the receding hairline... What are you talking about?! Shaving doesn't hide anything, it just confirms it. If anything, it's just more assuming. When people see me, nobody is thinking: "Oh, this man COULD have a thick hair, it's just a choice!" It shows. (I guess you could have a point if I would shave with a blade, but I shave with a clipper so there is always a little bit of hair left that clearly shows the baldness.)

Throw stones, my poet friend, I think my glass is thick as hell.

Look, I respect a guy like Shattenkirk because he's not trying to hide it. If he's comfortable with that hairstyle, good for him. It's people who tried to hide it, like combing is really doing the trick... That's all I'm saying.

And for the clowns out there that compares fat shaming and racism to making fun of unassuming balding people... You should be ashamed. It on a totally different level, you're just using those serious cases to advance you agenda.

You don't like this thread? You think it's disrespectful? It makes you uncomfortable? I can understand that. In fact, I shouldn't make fun of them but of the system that makes those men feel like they must do that. But to say this is the same as making fun of someone's sking color? Come on, there is a limit.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I swear Sportsnet always cuts to whichever angle showcases Gallagher's bald spot the most. Every single time there's a post-whistle scrum or he has his helmet off on the bench they cut to a camera showing the back of his head.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Is it possible that the constant helmet-wearing might have something to to with early baldness of nhl players? It seems like these guys lose their hair sooner and more often than the general population.

Reactions: egelband

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Where's Mark Recchi's weird hair

reminds me of a quote from one of the old Penguins boards

does mark recchi cover his bald head of the ice and then on the ice when his helmet flips of his balding head is exposed ala Newman asking to try on a new hat recently bought from a flea market while trying to pick up a woman complimenting the hat

LetsGoPens.com • View topic - Racchi's rug

it was supposed to be a reference to a scene in a Seinfeld episode but was all over the place and really didn't make much sense.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I get that. Some guys lose their hair early. But look at nhl players. There’s a lot of early hair loss in that subset.
Scientifically there's no connection between hat/helmet wearing and balding. It's genetic.

One thing that can accelerate balding in men with balding genes is excess testosterone production, and these guys in the gym working out every day are probably pumping a lot of T naturally.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Scientifically there's no connection between hat/helmet wearing and balding. It's genetic.

One thing that can accelerate balding in men with balding genes is excess testosterone production, and these guys in the gym working out every day are probably pumping a lot of T naturally.
Testosterone is produced naturally; not by working out. But I guess high testosterone guys are more prone to lose their hair.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Sam Rosen, announcer for the Rangers:

image.JPG

I'm not even sure what's happening here. I love him though, and he's cool enough to wear his hair however he wants.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
It's funny how all the all time generational players seem to have hair their entire careers yet the non generational players ..well ...

Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Ovechkin
Orr
McDavid
Jagr

Must be generational genes or something...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad