The Al Iafrate "Dude, just shave it" Receding Hairline Award

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
People keep talking about "Shave it". But not everyone has the head shape and/or body to pull it off.

For every Bruce Willis, The Rock, Jordan, Jason Statham etc... There are 10 guys who look worse with their hair fully shaved. They either don't have the facial structure of the physical shape to look manly. They end up looking weak and sickly.

Reactions: Devonator

Jeremy Hronek

Aug 18, 2009
chilliwack , bc
People keep talking about "Shave it". But not everyone has the head shape and/or body to pull it off.

For every Bruce Willis, The Rock, Jordan, Jason Statham etc... There are 10 guys who look worse with their hair fully shaved. They either don't have the facial structure of the physical shape to look manly. They end up looking weak and sickly.

Being bald still looks better than holding on to a couple strands of hair, spending all your days worrying about how your hair looks.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Bald > balding

But, as a guy whos bald, its tough to see your hair going. I dont judge anyone for hanging onto it. But more times than not shaving it looks better.

Reactions: Devonator

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Is it possible that the constant helmet-wearing might have something to to with early baldness of nhl players? It seems like these guys lose their hair sooner and more often than the general population.
No. Traction alopecia is a thing but requires constant and severe stress on the hair follicles like always wearing your hair tightly pulled back or tight weaving and braiding.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Is it possible that the constant helmet-wearing might have something to to with early baldness of nhl players? It seems like these guys lose their hair sooner and more often than the general population.
Stress is also a cause of hairloss. Surely its pretty stressfull to be an elite hockey player (except for Lemieux and Gretzky then, judgin by their hair) .
Elite sports and early hairloss is not a thing though I think. I have an old friend ftom school who lost his hair and went completely bald when he was 19-20 yrs old. He hated sports and was a "slacker" then, in the mid-90's . He was blond and had dreadlocks and they merely fell of his head in a few days. Now at the age of 46 he looks like everyone else though. Guys like that are cool , them who we with a slowly receeding hairline can look up to and think. "- He is already bald and lives with it without a problem, -why should insecure me worry/care about it, - I still have some hair left. Pheew... I respect and salute bald young people. You are the everyday heroes! Seriously

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Testosterone is produced naturally; not by working out. But I guess high testosterone guys are more prone to lose their hair.

I work in oncology so I see a lot of guys with prostate cancer who are on hormone therapy to slow its growth, either by suppressing testosterone production, or blocking testosterone receptors.

One side effect is that the hair on their head starts to grow back, although the hair on their chest falls out.

(As well as genital shrinkage, loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, loss of muscle mass, weakened bones, hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, increased irritability and breast growth).

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
James duthie and Eliot Friedman has done hair surgery for sure.

First game I went to I had a birds eye view of Friedman on the bench, I was shocked to see nothing on top, would never know at the time during the broadcasts.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
AGLXSof.jpg

xkDFMNY.jpg

WXJUYOk.jpg

zPpQFOx.jpg

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
On a related note to this topic, if anyone here is balding OR has problems with their beard connecting, use minoxidil (the product in rogaine) and a derma roller (make sure it's 0.5mm or 0.75mm). Trust me.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I met Al at an alumni game in Campbell River a few years back.

He told me and my buddy a a few stories, talked about the hardest shot competition, he is a great human.

Reactions: usiel

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
WHY? Also how?

Also, just noticed Cale Makar has a nasty widow’s peak going. Looks more defined than in his headshots, wonder how it’ll look in a few years.
Only thing you can found on him which slightly reveal some hair loss is this gif, don't know its because the hair is wet. Looks like some diffuse thinning at the crown and on the temple.
tumblr_3365d93e187de2b3f11f6184f6cde35f_64b56499_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad