The Al Iafrate "Dude, just shave it" Receding Hairline Award

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mandalorian

Screw the tank, just WIN BABY!
Jan 3, 2022
In your head, rent free
Ya this thread has actually made me sympathize with those who just let it be- I’ve always said I’d shave it if I had to, but then I hate even having to shave my face. Whatever works for folks, as long as they’re confident about it.
Highly doubt anyone loosing their hair is confident about it, more like they accept it.

This must be the universe pushing men for their major sins.

fryfunk

Feb 4, 2022
Highly doubt anyone loosing their hair is confident about it, more like they accept it.

This must be the universe pushing men for their major sins.
There's a confidence/focus in not giving a dam about your appearance.

I'd argue a man becomes a man, when their concern is directly for others or towards their goals.It's more or less the classic Han Solo arc.

If your over 30 and you get worked up about your appearance you're suffering from cultural narcissism, or alternatively you're living an incomplete life.

I've witnessed this with my parents generation. The people who "looked great" in their 40s have a really really hard time in their 60s. By age 30 you really need to start thinking about how you're gonna die. Or more specifically what your life's work will look like.

My father in Law is 60 and having a midlife crisis, it's so incredibly sad. He's always been hyper hyper athletic and now all of a sudden he's panicking because he's realizing working out isn't gonna prevent death.

I have 15-20 signs of aging/health limitations, hair loss is bottom of the list, down their with chronically dry eyes.

Joe rogan said it best your body's a meat wagon it's to get you from goal A to goal B. If you're overly fixated you probably lack goals.

fryfunk

Feb 4, 2022
Stress is also a cause of hairloss. Surely its pretty stressfull to be an elite hockey player (except for Lemieux and Gretzky then, judgin by their hair) .
Elite sports and early hairloss is not a thing though I think. I have an old friend ftom school who lost his hair and went completely bald when he was 19-20 yrs old. He hated sports and was a "slacker" then, in the mid-90's . He was blond and had dreadlocks and they merely fell of his head in a few days. Now at the age of 46 he looks like everyone else though. Guys like that are cool , them who we with a slowly receeding hairline can look up to and think. "- He is already bald and lives with it without a problem, -why should insecure me worry/care about it, - I still have some hair left. Pheew... I respect and salute bald young people. You are the everyday heroes! Seriously
A ton of it is high caloric intake. Part of your metabolism is regenerating your bodies sell structure. The more you eat the more often it happens.

It's not automatically eat 50% more age 50% faster but it's not far off from it.

Reactions: PaulD

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
3D881D32-DD58-4DF6-9101-D7C19258ED5F.jpeg

Colin White is back from shoulder surgery and going for the throne

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sam Bennett when he came to the Flames
sam-bennett-2015-43.jpg

Sam Bennett when the Flames are done with him about 6 yrs later.

sam-bennett-2021-43.jpg

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
If your over 30 and you get worked up about your appearance you're suffering from cultural narcissism, or alternatively you're living an incomplete life.

I've witnessed this with my parents generation. The people who "looked great" in their 40s have a really really hard time in their 60s. By age 30 you really need to start thinking about how you're gonna die. Or more specifically what your life's work will look like.

Joe rogan said it best your body's a meat wagon it's to get you from goal A to goal B. If you're overly fixated you probably lack goals.
What a booooring mindset. I'm 36 and living la vida loca in sunny Barcelona, staying in shape, looking great and having as much fun as the law allows me to honestly haha. I couldn't care less about "goals" or what happens to me in my sixties+. Have fun being rich in adult diapers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad