The Al Iafrate "Dude, just shave it" Receding Hairline Award

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
William Nylander will be going the way of his dad sooner rather than later

View attachment 509307
At least he got to keep his hair a lot longer than his dad who was already balding when he was drafted.
Micke Nylander.jpg

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I believe it was Keith Jones on Spittin Chiclets who told a great Iafrate story. Al got hit really hard next to the bench where he was sliding along the dasher and got driven into the stanchion so hard his helmet popped off. Obviously he was hurting pretty bad but he made sure to crawl over and put his helmet back on before fully collapsing on the ice.

Obviously a lot funnier to hear it told instead of typed but I thought it was hilarious.

Has Shattenkirk shaved it off yet? If not I'll say him.

Not gonna lie, your written version made me laugh out loud. The real way, not the "lol" way.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I agree with other users here. Can we have a thread about attractive men in hockey?

You know, for the women, gays and straights that appreciate handsome men like fine artwork...

Also, if we can have a thread tearing down peoples looks, why not the opposite? What's the actual reasoning behind not allowing such a thread?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I agree with other users here. Can we have a thread about attractive men in hockey?

You know, for the women, gays and straights that appreciate handsome men like fine artwork...

Also, if we can have a thread tearing down peoples looks, why not the opposite? What's the actual reasoning behind not allowing such a thread?
Go ahead! There probably has been attempts but 99.5% of the users on here don't give a shit

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Go ahead! There probably has been attempts but 99.5% of the users on here don't give a shit
The threads are locked down as another user mentioned. I also tried a few years ago and the thread was closed after just a few replies.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Why don’t more nhl players get transplants, obviously money isn’t an issue
You can't wear hats/helmets for the first few weeks so that kills it for hockey players. Also it looks awful for a solid 2 months after the transplant which would be hard to pull off for athletes with public personas. You also need to take Finasteride which decreases testosterone, not ideal for an athlete (potential sexual side effects too).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad