GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I’m actually surprised (at 6 not 12) but excited by the upside of these 2. Big players with skill who can skate. I don’t think Simashev was going to be there at 12 based on the number of scouts/analysts i follow that had him as the top D in the draft. When we grabbed him at 6 i believed then we were taking But at 12. So not surprised at all with that selection.

I downgraded them because of their nationality on my list but these are just two high upside players with top line potential.
One thing that sucks is that IIHF chose to punish innocent kids who are doing everything right and following their dreams. It’s draconian and stupid. I absolutely hate the politics of it. These kids did nothing wrong. It’s disgusting.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A little of the subject. The Coyotes presented both of the draft picks with those maroon
"alternate" jerseys. Is it possible those jerseys are becoming their main jerseys?

I maintain those jerseys suck ass and have nothing to do with Arizona or hockey. Even if you hate the Kachina you cannot deny it is unique and reflects AZ better.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Listening to ESPN, all of the commentators seemed adamant that St Louis was
drafting a defensemen. Maybe they were (Simashev) and the Yotes got wind of that and
we're considering drafting him 12th, but picked him at 6th so St Louis couldn't pick him?
You can't worry what other teams might be doing. BA said BPA, but if he folded because of what he heard, we are in deep trouble.

Bill Armstrong 364 days of the year: We take great pride in selecting the best player available. BPA all the way!
Draft Day: SWING FOR THE FENSSSSESSS!!111!! I'M JOSE CANSECO!!!!
Now, that is funny.:laugh:

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
This will one of those draft years…. very similar to our other draft years …where you can go back and look at how most of these picks have like 300 to 500 points but the coyotes drafted players would have 75 to 130

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad