GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Ok. My pity party is over. As far as pure tools, we got two of the biggest upside toolsiest players in the whole class. These are good scouts. They probably know what they are doing. We have no choice but to give them the benefit of the doubt. Can’t prove the screwed up. Maybe they didn’t. Nobody will know for a few years. But we have two giant freaks of nature with incredible hockey tools. Fun times. Big swings.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I can see Simashev being the 2nd D off the board and gone by 12. They think But is the Russian Tage Thompson. BA has drafted enough stars to call his shots, all we can do is wait.

Times like these I remember clamoring for Zadina.
Yep. I’m done crying. I think we can find full MHL games online somewhere. On demand and free. Like even YouTube maybe. Would love to watch a bunch of old games this summer of these two.

Let’s dig into that. See what we can find.

Also cool to see we’re not afraid of Russians
Pronman LOVES But. And I think Simashev too.

Reactions: RABBIT

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Ok. My pity party is over. As far as pure tools, we got two of the biggest upside toolsiest players in the whole class. These are good scouts. They probably know what they are doing. We have no choice but to give them the benefit of the doubt. Can’t prove the screwed up. Maybe they didn’t. Nobody will know for a few years. But we have two giant freaks of nature with incredible hockey tools. Fun times. Big swings.
It could turn out well. But is huge so maybe he will improve the most as big guys take longer. But I want to enjoy the negativity a little longer

Reactions: sundance74

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I like this pick a lot.
This kid is a unicorn.
One HUGE silver lining: the PHNX dorks have been obsessing about making sure fans know these players and there’s no “who?!?” After our sections. And yet we picked two players they’ve never faked about and Petey and Leah have probably never heard of. That’s fun. I’m happy about that.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
One HUGE silver lining: the PHNX dorks have been obsessing about making sure fans know these players and there’s no “who?!?” After our sections. And yet we picked two players they’ve never faked about and Petey and Leah have probably never heard of. That’s fun. I’m happy about that.
You're being too harsh on the PHNX pod. They would have covered Simashev and But, but there was no time left after talking about Petey's favourite Nashville bar for most of he draft coverage. What else could they have done?

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen and Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Some love for the Simashev pick

Reactions: sundance74

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
The only thing I can think of here is they interviewed guys like Leonard, Dvorsky, Benson, ect and they all said not to draft them. BA is big on guys that WANT to be here. I dont think hes drafting kids that tell him not to draft them.

I have no idea. This stalled me on wanting to follow prospects and enjoy draft night haha. Dramatic? Yeah. Being a bitch? Yeah for sure. But what a complete let down with having the 6 and 12 pick.

Reactions: ck26 and Heldig

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’m actually surprised (at 6 not 12) but excited by the upside of these 2. Big players with skill who can skate. I don’t think Simashev was going to be there at 12 based on the number of scouts/analysts i follow that had him as the top D in the draft. When we grabbed him at 6 i believed then we were taking But at 12. So not surprised at all with that selection.

I downgraded them because of their nationality on my list but these are just two high upside players with top line potential.

Reactions: zerekstar

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Current affairs aside is Russia still restricting when hockey players can leave the KHL umbrella?
It's just expected that players fulfill their hockey contracts and I think some military service too. Beyond that players can gonas they please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad