GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Had to check if my memory is correct: Kane had 2 100pt seasons and had 110 on the dot once. Most years he was pretty much a ppg player. I get the different eras. But I wrote 110+ Every year. If he hits then I believe we’re talking Draisaitl levels of production. I think that eclipses Kane.
If Edvinsson hits he's Hedman.
If Kasper hits he's a M. Tkachuk at center.

Other prospects have high ceilings too. Edit - except Moore. That meme must live.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
I think Michkov‘s ceiling is higher than Kane‘s. I believe he’s a perennial 110+ point player. So to me it’s all about „above replacement level“. I don’t believe that trade is good value in a vacuum. But in real life we have other prospects coming plus you can find players like Seabrook and Toews, Shattenkirk easier elsewhere. Via draft or trade. Players like Michkov won’t come available at pick 9 or later. But your point is well taken. I wouldn’t do the trade btw. :) but 9+17+Edvinsson I would.
What you're saying is that an undrafted player is a first ballot Hall-of-Famer, actually better than first ballot.

Okay ...

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Draft day tradition completed. Who else watches Draft Day on draft day?
1687985279200.png

Vontea Mack - no matter what

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
The biggest surprise of the draft will be if the Wings stand pat with their picks and just take BPA. Whether it’s through a player acquisition or a trade up, Steve is absolutely using his ammunition in those 2nd round picks (+ Boston’s 2024 1) to get his guys. Take that to the bank.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
That wouldn't be a surprise to most at all. That's what I'm expecting.

Three dart throws in the mid-2nd are going to be much less appealing to Steve than using said capital to meet his convictions and lessen the risk of losing his draft sweethearts. Now isn’t the phase of the rebuild to cast a wide net and hope something surfaces. You need surefire talent that you can project in the lineup on a more predictable timeline. The top 20-22 prospects are a basket of different flavors that project as top 6 wingers and top 3 defensemen. I think he uses what capital he can to grab his favorite flavors and throw the middle finger up.

What you're saying is that an undrafted player is a first ballot Hall-of-Famer, actually better than first ballot.

Okay ...
I‘m saying that’s the ceiling. In almost every draft there’s at least one player that can go toe to toe with Kane in terms of point production and talent. And in this draft there are even more candidates. let’s not act like Kane is the second coming.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
not sure why people want a middle 6 center(Danielson) at 17 let alone 9. It's the first round, swing for the fences despite positional need!!
Exactly. Drafting Danielson would be equal to arriving at a gun fight and shooting yourself in the foot before you get your gun out of the holster.

You don’t swing for Ty Dellandrea and Liam Foudy types that early . Nice depth pieces though.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Does it have to be specifically #3? Can Beeker f*** you here by taking him #2?
Has to be specifically #3, got quite a few bets but that's the biggest one.

Bet Danielson over 9.5 and over 10.5, Cristall over 21.5, Brindley over 29.5, Smith #4, Leonard #5, and Michkov over 5.5

Michkov just overtook Leonard to go at 5 according to Vegas. fml

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Has to be specifically #3, got quite a few bets but that's the biggest one.

Bet Danielson over 9.5 and over 10.5, Cristall over 21.5, Brindley over 29.5, Smith #4, Leonard #5, and Michkov over 5.5

Michkov just overtook Leonard to go at 5 according to Vegas. fml

I was just looking at my book and saw live as they changed the odds and made Will Smith the new favorite to go 3rd overall. You may be in trouble…

Michkov this morning was 20-1 to go #2
He is right now 3-1 to go #2

This could get wild

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I was just looking at my book and saw live as they changed the odds and made Will Smith the new favorite to go 3rd overall. You may be in trouble…

Michkov this morning was 20-1 to go #2
He is right now 3-1 to go #2

This could get wild

Noooooooooooooo

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Reunite Zadina with Vrana for 25 and 29
LOL, no way anyone is gonna pay that much for Zadina. Would be lucky to get a second rounder, and I would take that deal for Zadina's benefit. Vrana is the only player that he's played well with, and the reason why I felt the team should have kept him.

Also, I'd reunite Maatta with Hronek, but only if Olli agrees to the trade since he just re-signed.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad