GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
I was just looking at my book and saw live as they changed the odds and made Will Smith the new favorite to go 3rd overall. You may be in trouble…

Michkov this morning was 20-1 to go #2
He is right now 3-1 to go #2

This could get wild

If this happens trade up to get Fantilli at 4.

• Love
Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
LOL, no way anyone is gonna pay that much for Zadina. Would be lucky to get a second rounder, and I would take that deal for Zadina's benefit. Vrana is the only player that he's played well with, and the reason why I felt the team should have kept him.

Also, I'd reunite Maatta with Hronek, but only if Olli agrees to the trade since he just re-signed.
I like Maatta a lot , but for right price, why not

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
ok guys i am making my final change to who i want at #9

It was benson and I wanted him pretty bad...but then I saw this...

Dude looks more of a child than I thought. No. I can't back this. I am at my wit's end. Speechless

He looks like a child, and that's a plus. He could grow the same way Lane Hutson grew this year. That's one of my underrated "plus" about him. Imagine if he approaches 6'0.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
He looks like a child, and that's a plus. He could grow the same way Lane Hutson grew this year. That's one of my underrated "plus" about him. Imagine if he approaches 6'0.
This is exactly what I was thinking. He still looks 15 years old. This means he could possibly grow or at least mature significantly. I see it as a positive, for sure. Some guys are already all filled out and mature by this age. He clearly is not…

• Love
Reactions: Realgud

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
ok guys i am making my final change to who i want at #9

It was benson and I wanted him pretty bad...but then I saw this...

Dude looks more of a child than I thought. No. I can't back this. I am at my wit's end. Speechless

Give this child,who always smile, 4 years and he will tear NHL up

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hopefully there’s no family friends of Draper available at 9.
Knuble's kid.

Hopefully they wait until at least the 3rd round.

Let. It. Die.

90% of us would draft our own son in the 7th round if given the chance, ffs.
I wouldn't. It doesn't do the kid any good.

"I got drafted because my dad's the head scout" isn't a bragging point. I'd rather say "My dad won the Cup", or better yet "My sister shat in the Cup."

Reactions: Leibinger6

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Probably gonna be the best draft class the Wings have had in a very long time. 5 picks in the top 50. Yzerman has shown to be above average with drafting so far. Not saying it's make or or break it for him but, Let's see what you got Stevie. I want nothing less that Kucherov and Point level scorers 🤣

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
This is exactly what I was thinking. He still looks 15 years old. This means he could possibly grow or at least mature significantly. I see it as a positive, for sure. Some guys are already all filled out and mature by this age. He clearly is not…
Barlow could pose as his father… so they could get father/son discount on admissions to draft night.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Three dart throws in the mid-2nd are going to be much less appealing to Steve than using said capital to meet his convictions and lessen the risk of losing his draft sweethearts. Now isn’t the phase of the rebuild to cast a wide net and hope something surfaces. You need surefire talent that you can project in the lineup on a more predictable timeline. The top 20-22 prospects are a basket of different flavors that project as top 6 wingers and top 3 defensemen. I think he uses what capital he can to grab his favorite flavors and throw the middle finger up.
The smart move statistically is to make the three picks in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Murmansk16A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad