GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Bold Predictions: Whose going to see our picks in the 1st and go "GREAT! I can't believe they took <insert player>. Just what we needed, another <insert type> when <preferred target> was right there! This team is going nowhere. What a joke. I'm done!"

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bold Predictions: Whose going to see our picks in the 1st and go "GREAT! I can't believe they took <insert player>. Just what we needed, another <insert type> when <preferred target> was right there! This team is going nowhere. What a joke. I'm done!"
The outrage is what makes me laugh. As if any of the professional scouts can completely guarantee how a given prospect will end up, let alone any of us internet opiners.

I mean, if Detroit drafts a goaltender at 9 that most places have as a 4th round pick, ok go nuts. But freaking out over 9th overall versus 17th versus 32nd is just silly. Trust the guys who do it for a living and give it a chance before condemning anything.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The outrage is what makes me laugh. As if any of the professional scouts can completely guarantee how a given prospect will end up, let alone any of us internet opiners.

I mean, if Detroit drafts a goaltender at 9 that most places have as a 4th round pick, ok go nuts. But freaking out over 9th overall versus 17th versus 32nd is just silly. Trust the guys who do it for a living and give it a chance before condemning anything.

Every draft is the past have gone to total crapshoot after the Top5 picks. Those 5 could probably stay on the expected consensus. Michkov fallin to 5th, or something.

Then the teams have totally different lists than these list we amateurs do. Or MacKenzie's mock. There's no reason to be disappointed for the "wrong order". I've done that in the past, and damn it did look and felt stupid afterwards.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
#9 Wood, skilled , hockey IQ, could become power forward or even center.
Reinbacher , could be perfect pairing with Edvinsson.
Dvorsky, #2 center, could be monster playoff time
Leonard, the best supporting player on your team
Benson and Perreault , only if Yzerman willing to wait for 3-4 years
#17 Danielson, Moore, But, Honzek, Yager , Willander, Edstrom
Second round
Hrabal, Sawchyn, Rykov, Molgaard, Edstrom , Musty, Halttunen , Wahlberg, Lardis, Lind, Nelson

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What’s the over/under on Swedes drafted this year… 2.5?

I get the feeling we might draft a Finn for the first time in awhile. Hopefully Kumpulainen or Laakso.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Been feeling like Danielson is their guy at 9 or perhaps via trade up from 17, don't think he'll make it that far

but if Habs or Yotes want to give up Michkov for 9+17 I hope Yzerman pulls trigger

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Been feeling like Danielson is their guy at 9 or perhaps via trade up from 17, don't think he'll make it that far

but if Habs or Yotes want to give up Michkov for 9+17 I hope Yzerman pulls trigger
Trading up for Michkov would be such a bold move!
I’m here for that.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

Are...are you psychic? WHAT NUMBER AM I THINKING OF?!

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Every draft is the past have gone to total crapshoot after the Top5 picks. Those 5 could probably stay on the expected consensus. Michkov fallin to 5th, or something.

Then the teams have totally different lists than these list we amateurs do. Or MacKenzie's mock. There's no reason to be disappointed for the "wrong order". I've done that in the past, and damn it did look and felt stupid afterwards.
love the optimism. keep it coming!

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
This draft has a very high frustration possibility for years to come. You will be happy at first as there are a lot of good players deep into the first round, but you will be pissed if you 'only' get the middle six 40-50 point winger (good for a 17th pick usually in any different draft, but maybe not this year) when there could be a variety of guys between pick 15-25 who end up being first line/first pair high producing or even franchise changing players, and the possibility is definitely there this year.

Reactions: Realgud

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If Dvorsky is there you take him. If not it’s a little more up in the air but I’d take Danielson at 9.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
My mock draft, last year i got 4/32. Im looking to improve that :laugh:
1. CHI: Connor Bedard
- no-brainer
2. ANA: Adam Fantilli
- i think Fantilli suits better in Anaheim's plans. They are still going to tank and apparently Fantilli wants to return in college.
3. CBJ: Leo Carlsson
- no-brainer, POHO Davidson already slipped that they take a center. I think Carlsson is ready to play in NHL but extra year never hurts.
4. SJS: Matvei Michkov
- Russian factor isn't that severe but it is severe enough to drop Michkov to 4th. San Jose also continues their tank, so Michkov fits their plans very well.
5. MTL: Will Smith
- Last year they took size and grit, now they take skill to go with that. Habs could use Reinbacher but i think Smith is too good pass on.
6. ARI: David Reinbacher
- They need D and Reinbacher is the best D available. And since Reinbacher is from Europe, there is no rush for the Coyotes to sign him. He can play in top-3 league in Europe, in a big role until the franchise's affairs are in order.
7. PHI: Ryan Leonard
- New POHO said that he wants to rebuild the defense, other D prospects are too much of a reaches at this point. So they take Leonard who fits in the team identity like a fist in the eye.
8. WSH: Zach Benson
- Caps picks a player who has the highest offensive upside. Not only Benson helps the team, he can help Ovy break Gretzky's record with his playmaking skills.
9. DET: Dalibor Dvorsky
- Dear god let this happen! Dvorsky fits in the team identity better than anyone outside the top-3. Size, skill, 2-way game, character and as a center Dvorsky fills a massive organizational need.
10. STL: Nate Danielson
- BPA, the Blues gets 2nd line center.
11. VAN: Oliver Moore
- Canucks needs a new 2nd line center and Moore is a best center available.
12. ARI: Matthew Wood
- Armstrong likes west canadian kids, like with Reinbacher, Arizona get's time to fix the org before they have to sign Wood. Extra time in NCAA also helps Wood.
13. BUF: Axel Sandin-Pellikka
- Large prospect pool but they are missing RHDs.
14. PIT: Brayden Yager
- Center core is aging and Yager is best center prospect available. And his name is almost Jagr.
15. NSH: Samuel Honzek
- Trotz's first pick and if he's trying to build, like he coached the team, Honzek fit's in that identity very well.
16. CAL: Colby Barlow
- BPA
17. DET: Tom Willander
- 2nd biggest organizational need in Detroit is RHD, Willander will fix that. And announcers will go nuts when Detroit plays Wallinder-Willander pair.
18. WPG: Gabe Perreault
- BPA
19. CHI: Calum Ritchie
- BPA
20. SEA: Lukas Dragicevic
- D prospect pool is empty, no-brainer.
21. MIN: Charlie Stramel
- BPA and a local boy
22. PHI: Oliver Bonk
- Bit of a reach but RHDs don't grow in trees and they wanted D.
23. NYR: Dmitri Simashev
- Russians love New York and New York loves Russians. Miller and Lindgren might end up getting traded to make more cap room eventually and Simashev will be ready to jump straight in by then.
24. NSH: Riley Heidt
- BPA
25. STL: Eduard Sale
- BPA
26. SJS: Otto Stenberg
- Their scouting department likes swedes.
27. COL: Quentin Musty
- Landeskog might be done and Nichushkin has disappeared, suddenly there's need for a top-6 winger in Colorado and Musty is BPA.
28. TOR: Daniil But
- Leafs want size and they get size.
29. STL: Ethan Gauthier
- 3rd 1st round pick for the Blues, another BPA makes sense at this point.
30. CAR: Danny Nelson
- Jerks are looking for more size, i think a utility player like Nelson is what Rod wants.
31. AVS: Mikhail Gulyayev
- BPA
32. VGK: Michael Hrabal
- Champs are hoping the get a long time starter.

Reactions: HoweFan

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I've been all over with my preferences in the 1st round. At the end of the day I guess I really don't give a chit who they pick. This year has such a embarrassment of riches I'm pretty certain we'll walk away with some realgud players. Plus, it's not like Stevie's previous 1st round selections have raised eyebrows (except Seider initially, and that played out okay) since he's been here.

I'm just really stoked to see who the new Wings will be:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad