GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft, June 28 - 29, 2023

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Here it is: The 2023 NHL Draft GDT.

Our list of picks is for reference below. I will update the OP if we make any deals with some of these picks throughout the day.

Will also try to update the OP as picks are made, and link to each prospect's discussion thread.

RoundPick#OAConditionsPick Made/Disposition
1stDET9N/A9OA: Nate Danielson
1stNYI17From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka
2ndDET41
2ndSTL42From St. Louis (21 Mar 2022). Leddy Trade
2ndVan43From Vancouver (1 Mar 2023). Hronek Trade.
3rdDET73
4thMIN117From Minnesota (3 Mar 2023). Sundqvist Trade.
5thDET137
6thDET169
7thDET201

Last edited:

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
9 (1). Gabriel Perreault (RW)
17 (1). Brayden Yager (C)
41 (2). Lukas Dragicevic (RD)
42 (2). Danny Nelson (C)
43 (2). Gracyn Sawchyn (C)
73 (3). Hunter Brzustewicz (RD)
117 (4). Jaden Lipinski (C)
137 (5). Matthew Mania (RD)
169 (6). Quentin Miller (G)
201 (7). Linus Brandl (C)
Like the Nelson pick

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I have no objections to Willander but I do not want him at 9 (because I think the forward options are simply better, perhaps less risky players) and I would not take him thinking he is going to solve our current roster issues on the right side. The kid is three or four years from touching NHL ice and we need to solve our right-side issues well before then. I respect him as a player and think he was really, really good at the U18s (and am not sure why people are labeling him a defensive defensemen).

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
(and am not sure why people are labeling him a defensive defensemen).
Because he isn't Quinn Hughes or Erik Karlsson. I mean, if you aren't top 50 in the NHL in scoring of all positions, are you even a passable offensive player on defense?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
This is my first and only stab with Realgud's simulator (props for putting it together). Of course I violate my rule of taking one goalie per draft...

9 (1). Colby Barlow (LW)
17 (1). Samuel Honzek (LW)
41 (2). Charlie Stramel (C)
42 (2). Carson Rehkopf (LW)
43 (2). Danny Nelson (C)
73 (3). Felix Nilsson (C)
117 (4). Jason Shaugabay (RW)
137 (5). Vadim Moroz (RW)
169 (6). Matthew Mania (RD)
201 (7). Chase Cheslock (RD)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have no objections to Willander but I do not want him at 9 (because I think the forward options are simply better, perhaps less risky players) and I would not take him thinking he is going to solve our current roster issues on the right side. The kid is three or four years from touching NHL ice and we need to solve our right-side issues well before then. I respect him as a player and think he was really, really good at the U18s (and am not sure why people are labeling him a defensive defensemen).
I’d be fine with ripping forwards with our first 4-5 picks. I don’t think the defenseman in this class are that special. Like you said hopefully we fill the gap created by moving Hronek more immediately and bring one in via free agency or a trade.

This class is deep at forward, take advantage of what this draft class is strongest at. That’s how you get the best value.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I’d be fine with ripping forwards with our first 4-5 picks. I don’t think the defenseman in this class are that special. Like you said hopefully we fill the gap created by moving Hronek more immediately and bring one in via free agency or a trade.

This class is deep at forward, take advantage of what this draft class is strongest at. That’s how you get the best value.
I am in total agreement with you on that draft strategy. That said, I do think we are taking a Russian at 17 and I do think that Russian may be Simashev who is a proto Yzerman defensemen.

Reactions: Xerosine

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Just over 8 hours to go!

draft-day-meme-funny.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am in total agreement with you on that draft strategy. That said, I do think we are taking a Russian at 17 and I do think that Russian may be Simashev who is a proto Yzerman defensemen.
Yeah I could see Yzerman liking Simashev at 17 if he’s there, or I could see Yzerman liking Dvorak with one of those 2nd rounders we have.

But personally I am hoping we go pretty forward heavy.

Reactions: jkutswings

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I really want Danielson or Yager at 17, I feel like 1 of the 2 will be there.
i think Danielson will be gone by 15. I think there is a high chance Perrault and Yager will be there at 17 which Stevie better show some knees to chest to go get Perrault.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
wow...Tampa just traded Ross Colton to Colorado for a 2nd round pick..

You're telling me Yzerman wasn't willing to at least offer something like a 2nd and a 3rd for Colton???

• Wow
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
i think Danielson will be gone by 15. I think there is a high chance Perrault and Yager will be there at 17 which Stevie better show some knees to chest to go get Perrault.
Hm I think Perreault is long gone by 17. Guess we’ll see. He ended the season on an exclamation point and was firmly top 10 on Bob Mac’s final list.

I was using this thing Prashanth Iyer created and it led me to believe Danielson or Yager might be there at 17. No clue if it is reliable or not.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Hm I think Perreault is long gone by 17. Guess we’ll see. He ended the season on an exclamation point and was firmly top 10 on Bob Mac’s final list.

I was using this thing Prashanth Iyer created and it led me to believe Danielson or Yager might be there at 17. No clue if it is reliable or not.

i have perrault 7 on my list. I can just see him sliding if teams grab centers and D

Reactions: Realgud

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I forget where I heard it, but Danielson is more well liked by NHL teams than the internet scouts. I hope he falls to us at 17 but I think he's gone by no later than 12.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I really want Danielson or Yager at 17, I feel like 1 of the 2 will be there.
Honestly, I'd be happy with either at 9. The only reason I wouldn't take Yager there is that I like Benson, Perreault and Dvorsky just a bit more and at least one of the three should be around. I'm really really hoping for a
9 Dvorsky, 17 Yager or 9 Benson/Perreault, 17 Danielson draft. I think you're getting 2/3 of a top 6 line either way and that would be a game changer for this franchise.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

If Danielson and Yager are both gone at 17 along with Perrault, I think that means that one of Honzek, Moore and Willander are around at 17.

For the record I think Danielson is long gone by 17. He plays a premium position, projects reasonably well to play that position at the NHL level and has good size and skating. Those guys always go earlier than you think they should. I am also A okay with Danielson at 9.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I forget where I heard it, but Danielson is more well liked by NHL teams than the internet scouts. I hope he falls to us at 17 but I think he's gone by no later than 12.
Probably by way of common sense. Back when he was like in the 20-30 range still I posted in his thread on the prospect forum I could see Detroit liking him way more than the consensus. Would be funny if it came full circle.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad